I'm a loyal royal, can you convert me?

mdj101

Hi All

We've taken several cruises with Royal but I fancy a change and after seeing cruising with Jane Mcdonnald last week I'm considering a trip for 8 of us on the new boat (name escapes me sorry)

2 adults 1 (5yrs)

2 adults

2 adults 1 (1yrs)

This will be to celebrate my mothers 70th and our daughter loves kids club, so can you convince me to give MSC a try?

On the Divina right now for the fifth time. Excellent experience. Spent a week on Royal Caribbean last summer with no air conditioning and they did not address the situation. Not enamored with RC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are also very "loyal to royal"

However cruised MSC for the first time a few weeks ago on Meragavilia and enjoyed it.

That's all really.

Prefer the food entertainment crew and ship layout with royal.

Others I am sure may prefer MSC.

I would definitely not try to put you off sailing with MSC as I said we enjoyed it and I would say give it a go.

I would not expect to change you. Everyone has a different experience. I have been on Royal for three cruises but stay mainly with Princess and they all have their good and bad. I am cruising at the end of the month and, as you, booked to try something different. Except for the web site and some problems with some customer service agent, I am looking forward to a great cruise. I have not seen one bad notice from those who have actually been on the cruise. Most have been on what happens before the cruise left. I hope this helps. Peace and Aloha, Jim

Well I've booked!

Three balcony cabins, only paid an extra £180 for the child and nothing for the infant!!! Worked out at £4995 for a week at Easter, I dread to think how much it would have been on a new royal boat for the same week!

Looking forward to it already!

Mad thing is if royal hadn't peed me off I wouldn't have even considered it

We were in the same situation. We are Diamond + on Royal and no more. We cruise so much that 7 year old is one cruise from her own Diamond status. Royal/Celebrity did not care about losing this passenger - along with the 6-9 people who normally goes with me on a cruise. So I decided to take my money elsewhere.

At the advice of the TA, we tried out MSC meravigilia this past June. We are now booked for Seaside (Jan 2018) and Musica (May 2018).

Well I've booked!

Three balcony cabins, only paid an extra £180 for the child and nothing for the infant!!! Worked out at £4995 for a week at Easter, I dread to think how much it would have been on a new royal boat for the same week!

Looking forward to it already!

Enjoy the cruise! My single experience with MSC was ok.(its still a vacation after all) As a late 40something with my wife, we did not enjoy it in all aspect as we typically do with Royal, BUT I was able to squeeze in an extra cruise thanks to MSC pricing matrix which really was 2for1. I would try them again, please report back when you're done!

We're D+ on Royal and loved the Divina. Beautiful ship(spotless and no rust anywhere). Comfortable chairs everywhere. Drinks were reasonably priced and often free. Good food and the best pizza. Very friendly staff. Good shows. We loved it and plan to sail MSC again.

Do you remember the level of service from Royal 10 to 15 years ago? In that case you would likely be very pleased with MSC, and a much lower price to boot.

All lines had better service and food then. My first was in 1999 on a Carnival Cruise that I had won. I was surprised to be met as we boarded and a steward grabbed out carryon's and took us to our cabin. Everyone was met that way. Our first princess cruise was the same way as was HAL. Neither one was with carnival at that time. There was more service in the DR and food was much better on all lines.

We're D+ on RCL but not especially loyal to royal in that we've always tried (and enjoyed) other cruise lines as well. We cruised on Musica last year, had a great time and have booked Magnifica for next April. Like all lines, somethings are better, some things are not quite as good but variety is the spice of life:)

Julie