CNN reporting another Carnival Ship having trouble (The Dream)

vinsheer

Hmmm... 'multiple' passengers (from a ship capable of holding 5,000) have reported .....? No record from Coast Guard ....

Why am I a little suspicious of the credibility of this actually happening?

There is a post in our roll call from someone who is currently on the Dream, reporting problems with the ship...

Hmmm... 'multiple' passengers (from a ship capable of holding 5,000) have reported .....? No record from Coast Guard ....

I don't think anyone will be contacting us directly to verify this is happening. What makes anyone suspicious when someone reports an incident?

Wonder why no passenger reports? Cell phones should be working. The Dream is still in port as of this AM.

There is a post in our roll call from someone who is currently on the Dream, reporting problems with the ship...

There has been at least one report (post) from someone on the ship.

Marinetraffic.com is showing

Dream was docked overnight and hasn't had any movement in 24 hours.

This nonsense is happening far too often now with Carnival's ships! :cool:

Something's up and it won't be CCL's stock quote!

There would be no reason to report it to the Coast Guard. They are in port in St. Maarten. The Coast Guard would only help if they are at sea.

Originally Posted by mynupasttime

Hello from Dream. I am on roll call for march 9 cruise and on board now. We were to leave St Martin at 5 yesterday and now at 3 am, we are still here in port. At first, no toilets or elevators. Those back on but "mechanical " issues. No updates since 9 pm. We are supposed to be at sea today and Friday to make it back to Canaveral by Sat morning. As a fellow cruise critic member and know how excited I was this week last time, and have friends boarding this sat also, thought you guys may want to keep an eye out on carnival site and webcam to see if we are moving. We are more than 10 hrs behind schedule at this point.

Will try and update when things change.

Wendy from NC

Oh dear..well it must be electric somehow as related to toilet flushing if they are not moving and a perhaps a lot more...hope the can at least stay and enjoy that island and get things fixed...Sarah

Carnival obviously isn't properly maintaining their ships. Either that or there are problems in manufacturing. Way too many (similar) issues as of late to merely be coincidence. Especially when we don't hear of all these problems from competing lines.

Carnival obviously isn't properly maintaining their ships. Either that or there are problems in manufacturing. Way too many (similar) issues as of late to merely be coincidence. Especially when we don't hear of all these problems from competing lines.

Manufcturing? Hmm.. not sure about that one. The Triumph was built in 1999. The Dream is pretty new.

I am starting to think someone is sabtoging (sp?) Carnival ships...:confused:

I am booked for the Victory this fall... Triumphs sister ship... and have heard she was having propulsion issues... wonder if I should hold off on booking that airfare... or perhaps make sure it is capatible with a cruise on another line? I am sure the other cruise lines will start selling out:(

Archived