Internet Rates

etual324

There is a package for unlimited access at 399 dollars whatever the cruise length. Just back from 3 weeks and we used this. There are also shorter packages available e g 2 hrs but I can't recall the rates i'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to hear that the unlimited package remains the same as on our last cruise. It was pretty good value for a 19 day cruise, will be even more so for the next month-long cruise. It is, we feel, the perfect use for our $400 referral coupon OBC!

Good to hear that the unlimited package remains the same as on our last cruise. It was pretty good value for a 19 day cruise, will be even more so for the next month-long cruise. It is, we feel, the perfect use for our $400 referral coupon OBC!

Likewise!

I find it interesting that many of the "lesser" lines are beginning to include internet at no charge. Along with nearly every moderate to economy hotel in the world. At the least, it should be complimentary for returning passengers on such a "high end" line. Just one ole sailors opinion.:D

I find it interesting that many of the "lesser" lines are beginning to include internet at no charge. Along with nearly every moderate to economy hotel in the world. At the least, it should be complimentary for returning passengers on such a "high end" line. Just one ole sailors opinion.:D

The reason that the lesser lines can offer included Internet is because they make it up on the drinks and everything else that they charge you for.

Internet is free to Diamond status Seabourn cruisers.

Happy days

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is interesting that the cheaper the hotel the more likely the included - as opposed to extra charge - internet.

As someone who has been critical of Seabourn's internet policy in the past, the fact of having to pay for it does tend to 'ration' my use. Which is probably a good thing as I spend too much time online anyway. On our last cruise which was 26 days, I think I used a max of 10 hours.

The reason that the lesser lines can offer included Internet is because they make it up on the drinks and everything else that they charge you for.

Happy days

And lesser mortals can get free hours as part of their silver/gold/platinum benefits.

For those of us who haven't achieved stratospheric loyalty levels and get a few hour package for free, may we use that as a credit toward purchasing an unlimited package? Just wondering. Internet is important to us since my husband will only go on longer cruises if he's able to stay in touch with his office.

Happy days

Regent, Crystal, and all the inclusive river cruise lines, among others, include free internet. I have even been offered free internet on Princess for selected sailings.:eek::D Just an observation, not defaming Seabourn.

I suppose that a lot of you know that Crystal has a new benefit for Crystal Society members: CS members get one hour free per day on each cruise, so on a 10-day cruise, the CS member gets 600 free minutes. Not too bad, although many folks would love free altogether.

For those of us who haven't achieved stratospheric loyalty levels and get a few hour package for free, may we use that as a credit toward purchasing an unlimited package? Just wondering. Internet is important to us since my husband will only go on longer cruises if he's able to stay in touch with his office.

Yes I believe that you can.

You have to purchase a package anyway and then your account is credited.so just buy the unlimited package and a portion will be credited to you.

Edited by Mr Luxury

In addition to the unlimited package at $399, the flat rate for both wireless and computer center access is 40 cents per minute. Prepaid plans are also available at reduced rates: two hours for $20, three hours for $30, four hours for $40 and unlimited weekly packages for $240. Plus, as someone already mentioned, Silver Member can elect to get 2 hours free, Gold 3 hours, Platinum 4 hours, and Diamond unlimited hours free.

Since my wife & I prefer to limit the amount of time spent on the internet, we just purchase in 2 hour increments. For instance, on our 33 day South American cruise we used less than 4 hours in total. We generally compose our correspondence in Word before logging in and copying it into email. This really cuts down on the amount of internet time used. As well, we only open messages that appear to be somewhat important (ie from family members, friends, etc.). However saying that, I do recognize that some people have a business need to be connected and therefor the unlimited packages work best for them.

Yes I believe that you can.

You have to purchase a package anyway and then your account is credited.so just buy the unlimited package and a portion will be credited to you.

Thank you for the information, Mr. L.

• 3 weeks later...
:confused:Would any one be so kind as to give the internet rates for Seabourn

and might there be a so called internet pkg

Thanks ever so much

Does anybody think the club benefits need a look at ? Laundry benefit is on a weekly basis but internet is a set number of hours regardless of the length of the cruise. Last year we managed to get it increased , but the conditions have been tightened up --Seems a bit unfair when the costs are minimal

I have bought an international data/call package from my mobile carrier but my understanding is that even with an onboard internet package I can't use my cellphone or tablet for emails on board without incurring additional charges. That would mean I'd only be able to use the shipboard computers or a laptop should I decide to bring one and my phone or tablet when in port to not be charged additional carrier fees. Is that correct? Thank you for clarifying for me.

I have bought an international data/call package from my mobile carrier but my understanding is that even with an onboard internet package I can't use my cellphone or tablet for emails on board without incurring additional charges. That would mean I'd only be able to use the shipboard computers or a laptop should I decide to bring one and my phone or tablet when in port to not be charged additional carrier fees. Is that correct? Thank you for clarifying for me.

You can have up to three devices on a package, including phone, tablet etc. The only proviso is that you use only one at a time. Reception on the small sisters or seabourn square staff will set this up on your devices should you require assistance.

I bought a $30 international data package (not call) from AT&T. It allowed me to get data when within range of a cell tower, which was just about everywhere ashore in Europe, up to the limit of the data package I bought. If I would have run over the limit, AT&T would have added another hunk of data for another $30. I couldn't call home on my cell phone, but I could (and did) use an internet based text messaging app, such as "WhatsApp". We were in port enough that I didn't miss not buying one of Seabourn's internet offerings.

I bought a $30 international data package (not call) from AT&T. It allowed me to get data when within range of a cell tower, which was just about everywhere ashore in Europe, up to the limit of the data package I bought. If I would have run over the limit, AT&T would have added another hunk of data for another $30. I couldn't call home on my cell phone, but I could (and did) use an internet based text messaging app, such as "WhatsApp". We were in port enough that I didn't miss not buying one of Seabourn's internet offerings.

I did the same. Verizon charges $25 for 100mb.