Mitsugirlys graduation getaway cruise

mitsugirly

I love reading your reviews. In March we went to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel based on your pictures and review of it in one of your other cruises. We loved it too.

We're going on your Getaway cruise next March and I'm looking forward to trying some of your port visits.

Thanks for all the information. You have a wonderful family and that little girl of your is very photogenic. I admire your "Zen" attitude.

Judy

Aww, thanks so much for the compliment. Glad you had a great day at Mr Sanchos. Any suggestions for our next trip to Cozumel? I have been hitting them all. I'm not really sure where to go this next time around. I would really love to head to Passion Island, but I'm not sure if I'm up for the long trip.

Have a great time on the Getaway next year. It's a beautiful ship. :)

So sad it's almost over. I love your reviews!!

Aww, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. :)

Another fantastic review by you! Thanks again for sharing with us. I appreciate your review of the Bahamas. It's not one of my favorite places to visit but now after your review of Blue Lagoon I may consider a cruise that stops there.

I'm glad that your trip home was "uneventful" lol.

I felt the same way about Nassau. I'm really glad they offer this excursion now. If we ever stop there again, I'll either go back there or try out the Sheraton. I found someone else mention it once and it kinda reminds me of a smaller scale version of the Hilton in Jamaica, which was really nice.

Not really, if you mean the lady with the glasses, because of the "glare" (pardon the pun) on her glasses...

LOL Gosh, I really hope she's not reading this. :o

I would just take the ring to your local dealer. It most likely would be an easy fix for them without you having to worry about sending it to NCL then NCL sending it back to you.

Hey Kim, this is Mr Camz, lol. He has good advice here because he has purchased many pieces of jewelry for me on the ships. :) Anyway, my ring size is a 3 and the rings are always too big. :cool: So we get them sized at our hometown jeweler even though we have to pay for it. Otherwise, you have to mail your jewelry in to have sized and/or fixed in your case, and I really don't trust it. My jeweler advised we actually got very good deals and good quality stones on my emerald and tanzanite rings. :eek:

Love everything you had to say

My husband and I will be on the Getaway 12/13/14

I hope we have as much fun as you and your family on the ship and ports

Maria

Thanks so much. Have a wonderful 12-13-14 (I liked typing that :D) Getaway cruise. :)

Kim-

I sit on some webinars with nurses from around the world. There are a lot of things that we don't have in common....but the one thing that every nurse in every country on the webinars say happens is "Nurses eat their young"! It's unfortunate that a career that depends on compassion toward patients has some caregivers who are unable to show that same compassion to the novice nurses who have a brand new license and are expected to do all patient care on their own with most only having the experiences from their clinical rotations!

All I'm saying my sister-nurse is this: don't let those any old OJR (on the job retired) nurses let their nasty, burnt-out attitudes bother you! Kill 'em with kindness....keep smiling...and pray that they retire before you inject them with a little K+!! :rolleyes: Take it upon yourself to find a mentor -and it's pretty to do so - who you can talk with honestly. Get everything off your chest before it drives you nuts. The first year is really and truly the hardest.....you WILL make it through it! :cool:

But here's the problem...the nurses in my ED don't really "eat their young". It doesn't matter if you are a new nurse or an experienced nurse. If you come in and you don't "click" with certain "crowds", they label you and do everything they can to make your life a living hell. Honestly. I have seen some very sweet, nice, caring, older nurses (in both age and/or experience) come in and get on someone's bad side that is "buddies" with a charge nurse and bam...all of a sudden they are getting wrote up for the dumbest things and within months-fired. (The last nurse that I was friends with got wrote up for saying "fricken" once and was told that if she ever said it again, she was fired. Guess what, she's gone now).

Believe it or not, I'm very "quiet" at work...or at least the managers seem to think so. This keeps me out of the line of fire. I've had my issues with some of them (including a charge nurse currently playing "manager" as a fill in), but I always come out on top. I'd like to keep it that way or move to another department and start over. :)

I had my last clinical rotation at my hospital up on the critical step down floor and we got to rotate to the ED. Of course since everyone knew me, I got THE MOST experience during that time ever. I did the most IV sticks, ng tube insertions, wound vac care, passing meds, and everything else (all by myself....but my clinical instructor didn't know b/c she instructed the nurse I was following to be there helping...psshhhh, who needs help? I could do this crap in my sleep I've watched it so much). I have never missed an IV yet (I think because of being a tech and I do so many sticks all day long, but I know my day will come when I get my first let down) and working in the ED...I get in on EVERYTHING. Every time a doctor goes in to do any procedure, I'm right there asking to go in to. I have even done a hip reduction before thanks to the doc (shh, don't tell). I have helped put so many bones back in place, assisted with spinal taps and delivered babies. At this point, I could probably be an NP with no problem. :D Just kidding. But seriously, it's just a "weird" work situation and I think I would rather move on (preferably maybe a new hospital or new ED, which probably won't happen any time some until I get a few years under my belt).

Your Blue Lagoon pictures were absolutely beautiful! I had been wanting to get a feel for the place, and your pictures certainly did the trick. I may have to schedule a trip there at some point.

I agree with the pp who suggested taking your ring to a reputable local jeweler. I just had to have my rings resized so I talked to some friends and found someone who would do it while I waited. He did an awesome job. He checked all the prongs and fixed a couple of them, and even cleaned them far better than I have been able to do. I'm sure you can find someone in your area who will do the same for you.

Really enjoyed reading the report of your cruise. Thanks for taking the time to share it with everyone.

Thanks so much and thanks for taking the time to read it. :)

Thank you for taking me with you on this vacation! I LOVE your reviews. I really feel like I am right there with you. :). Glad you made it home I safe!

Glad to have you along and thanks. :D

Thanks for sharing your vacation. I love love love your review. You have given so much great information on the ship and the ports. Now I really can't wait to sail on the Getaway in August!!

You are very welcome and glad you enjoyed it. Have a terrific time on the Getaway. :)

I am a cursing newbie with only one under my belt and my first NCL cruise coming up in October will be number two. We are actually sailing on the Gem. I originally started looking at your review because we are stopping at some of the same ports....I became totally engrossed. Such wonderful comments, thorough and witty and really able to draw the reader in and wonderful photography. I felt like I was along on a wonderful adventure. You have a great attitude and a fun family. Thank you so much for sharing yourself, your loved ones and your wonderful vacation with all of us!!

Aww, thanks so much. I'm so happy when someone gives me a comment like that. That's awesome and glad you came along for the fun. :D I have yet to sail the Gem. I will need to put her on my to-do list. (My to-do list just keeps growing and growing). :p

Thanks so much, Kim. This review is wonderful.

Thanks for coming in and enjoying and commenting. I enjoy talking to you. :)

Hey Kim, this is Mr Camz, lol. He has good advice here because he has purchased many pieces of jewelry for me on the ships. Anyway, my ring size is a 3 and the rings are always too big. So we get them sized at our hometown jeweler even though we have to pay for it. Otherwise, you have to mail your jewelry in to have sized and/or fixed in your case, and I really don't trust it. My jeweler advised we actually got very good deals and good quality stones on my emerald and tanzanite rings. :eek:

THE Mr Camz? :D How are you? Mrs Camz is amazing you know that right? ;) You're ring size is a 3? Wow, that's small. Do you wear them on your pinky? I will definitely go to a hometown jeweler and see what they say. I'm a little "iffy" about sending it off as well. If I ever did, I would definitely insure it and have them sign for it. I cover all bases trust me.

I'm really glad to hear that they said you got a good deal and good stones. I'm hoping I did too but honestly I love my ring no matter what. It's just a beauty to me. I stare at it on my finger constantly. :D I am going to do some research on it though and look up some of the info on the certificate. Thanks for the advice. :)

Your Blue Lagoon pictures were absolutely beautiful! I had been wanting to get a feel for the place, and your pictures certainly did the trick. I may have to schedule a trip there at some point.

I agree with the pp who suggested taking your ring to a reputable local jeweler. I just had to have my rings resized so I talked to some friends and found someone who would do it while I waited. He did an awesome job. He checked all the prongs and fixed a couple of them, and even cleaned them far better than I have been able to do. I'm sure you can find someone in your area who will do the same for you.

So glad that you enjoyed the Blue Lagoon pictures. I really wish I would have explored more. There's so much there to see and do. I didn't even get a chance to go over to the animal area and didn't even realize that they had all the animals that they do until I took the picture of it. A touch tank? Iguanas? and so on...Next time if I go there again, I'll do a little more research on it. There just wasn't enough time. I would definitely explore the island a little more too. :)

Thank you for an amazing and "fun" to read review. I really enjoyed it and am sad it has come to the end. Great job!

Thanks for coming in and enjoying it. I really appreciate it. :)

Loved reading your review and really enjoyed all your pics :D Thanks for taking the time to do it!! DH and I are on the Getaway in Sept and cannot wait.

Thank you for commenting. I hope you have a wonderful Getaway cruise and beautiful weather.

Wow! It just dawned on me you wrote a review of your cruise on the Carnival Dream. We go on her in August so I'm reading that review along with this one. I also forwarded the link to the Dream review to my DH. He has the utmost praise for you! Oh, BTW, I guess you could say I'm a cougar too (grrr). I'm a little older than DH.

So, double thanks Kim!!!

So here I am. I was getting ready to work on my final thoughts and conclusions.

However, I just got done signing myself up to WORK again since it's been over a month since I have been in. :eek: I guess they are needing some help so I have officially thrown them a few bones for 4 hours here and there for the rest of the month. I wonder how much has changed since I have been gone? Yikes. We probably have an entire new staff. LOL

Also, I got bad news today...well sorta. It looks like it's going to be awhile before I can take my boards.

Most of my fellow classmates filled out their application to the board back in April before we graduated. Then you have to do the background FBI and fingerprinting check, then pay the testing place, then wait on them to get all of this information back before they give you the "ATT=authorization to test".

Well, I JUST filled mine out this week. Those that have already done it back in April are still waiting for everything to come back and still waiting to get their ATT and it's June already. THEN, as of RIGHT NOW, they are scheduling for AUGUST. :eek:

UGH. So since I'm just now turning everything in, and have a long wait for everything to come back...I'm looking at testing around Christmas. (Just kidding, but then again I wonder?) I really wish I would have done all this back then, but I was a basket case and I really wasn't sure I was going to pass (which happens every semester because I totally freak myself out and come up with the worse case scenario ever and convince myself I'm not passing each time). So here I sit and wait. I'm kinda bummed now. So, I think I'll just take the night off and maybe work on it tomorrow. :(

Wow! It just dawned on me you wrote a review of your cruise on the Carnival Dream. We go on her in August so I'm reading that review along with this one. I also forwarded the link to the Dream review to my DH. He has the utmost praise for you! Oh, BTW, I guess you could say I'm a cougar too (grrr). I'm a little older than DH.

So, double thanks Kim!!!

Oh how nice. We absolutely LOVED the Dream. It was a very nice cruise and very nice ship. I hope to go on the Breeze too. It has even more on it, but like the Dream. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Tell your DH thanks a million. I really appreciate it.

Cougar-let them roar. :D

I noticed you will be on the Dawn in 5 months and 2 days. You must be leaving the day before us leaving on the Sun. Where are you sailing out of and where are you going to? I'm hoping to maybe do the Dawn next summer to Bermuda. We'll see. I have been on her sister-Star and she's beautiful. There's just something about those tall atrium's with the glass elevators that I love.

I noticed you will be on the Jewel next year as well. I just got off of her back in December and have a review of it as well. (I could keep you busy for awhile :D).

Have a WONDERFUL cruise(s) coming up. :)

Hi,

I've read most of your reviews and have greatly enjoyed them!!!

I just had to de lurk for a minute to throw out a tip in boards.... I took them in Ohio, too, when I lived there. I know you indicated that you live around Columbus, but if you are up to a drive, Cleveland has 3 sites and Akton has one. The one on east Cleveland (beach wood) is almost never crowded. I got my att in early June and tested two weeks later. Just wanted to give you that idea....

Can't wait to read the Sun review!!! I'm doing a southern Caribbean one this fall too, but different line this time as it was cheaper for a solo rate:)

Stacey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I've read most of your reviews and have greatly enjoyed them!!!

I just had to de lurk for a minute to throw out a tip in boards.... I took them in Ohio, too, when I lived there. I know you indicated that you live around Columbus, but if you are up to a drive, Cleveland has 3 sites and Akton has one. The one on east Cleveland (beach wood) is almost never crowded. I got my att in early June and tested two weeks later. Just wanted to give you that idea....

Can't wait to read the Sun review!!! I'm doing a southern Caribbean one this fall too, but different line this time as it was cheaper for a solo rate:)

Stacey

Akton=Akron. Stupid auto correct

Thanks for the info. I did know there are other testing sites and I have known people that went to Cincinati to take their boards because there wasn't a wait time. So, we'll see. When I get my ATT, I'll see if I'm prepared enough to go to one of the other places and may have to take a little road trip. :D

I have scheduled an NCLEX review with Mark Klimek. Ever heard of him or do his review? I know a lot of people that also do the Kaplan review as well. I have scheduled Mark for the end of this month. I'm hoping it helps a lot. It's time to start reviewing and preparing. I was able to find an app to download to my phone today (actually 2 of them) and have been sitting out on the deck reviewing and taking the "quiz". I gotta start working on it sooner than later just in case I get lucky and get to test earlier than expected.

Thanks for the info. I will check into it.

I noticed you will be on the Dawn in 5 months and 2 days. You must be leaving the day before us leaving on the Sun. Where are you sailing out of and where are you going to? I'm hoping to maybe do the Dawn next summer to Bermuda. We'll see. I have been on her sister-Star and she's beautiful. There's just something about those tall atrium's with the glass elevators that I love.

I noticed you will be on the Jewel next year as well. I just got off of her back in December and have a review of it as well. (I could keep you busy for awhile :D).

Have a WONDERFUL cruise(s) coming up. :)

The Dawn cruise is repositioning from Boston to New Orleans for 14 days. We have stops in San Juan, Curacao, Aruba, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. If you don't have any plans for November, you could make this your next cruise.

There aren't many NCL ships that we haven't been on. The Star is still my favorite, followed closely by the Dawn, Jewel, Spirit, Pearl, etc.

I hope you enjoy your cruising adventures too!

Hope everything works out for you with the boards.

Kim, I have a great jeweler her who does the most beautiful work! I bet you can find one to add two prongs to your Marquis diamond to keep it more secure.

I also love baguettes. I had one once that was a 'chevron' ring with one row of baguettes in the middle, a half row of round on top and a half row of round on the other side of the bottom. My late husband gave me jewelry all the time. I recently gave that one to my step-daughter because she said that she wanted it when I was 'gone'. She was old enough to remember her dad showing it to everyone who came to our house for two weeks before Christmas, attached to our tree with a twist tie! I never knew it was there, and he sent me on a scavenger hunt on Christmas morning to find it. I also gave a ring to my daughter that I got when we found out I was pregnant with her, and a ring to my son (for his wife) that he helped his dad pick out three months before he died. I wanted to see them all enjoy those rings while I was alive! So be sure to remind your kids of the story of each one, and you have a ring and a great memory to pass on someday to them.

THE Mr Camz? How are you? Mrs Camz is amazing you know that right? ;) You're ring size is a 3? Wow, that's small. Do you wear them on your pinky? I will definitely go to a hometown jeweler and see what they say. I'm a little "iffy" about sending it off as well. If I ever did, I would definitely insure it and have them sign for it. I cover all bases trust me.

I'm really glad to hear that they said you got a good deal and good stones. I'm hoping I did too but honestly I love my ring no matter what. It's just a beauty to me. I stare at it on my finger constantly. I am going to do some research on it though and look up some of the info on the certificate. Thanks for the advice.

Haha I made this way too confusing!! :o It was me writing this, hubby wrote the advice under Finz2left, giving you advice to go to your hometown jeweler!! Sorry for the confusion. But thanks for saying I am amazing!!! ;) Yes, it is true, I have skeletor type hands with a size 3 ring finger. :eek: I see your sights are next on the Dawn. We loved the Dawn to Bermuda and of course there is the element of the "ghost stories" with that ship as well. While you were on the Getaway, hubby booked us on the Breakaway for May of next year to Bermuda. It seems like forever since I have been on cruise ship. :( Great review as always, I would expect nothing more. Don't worry about your state boards, they will be here before you know it and you will do just fine. One more thing, about people who give looks to you and your family, they are just Haters. Probably jealous to see everyone having a nice time. No worries there either, because unfortunately Haters are gonna hate and they are everywhere!! Talk to you soon Girl......

Thanks for the info. I did know there are other testing sites and I have known people that went to Cincinati to take their boards because there wasn't a wait time. So, we'll see. When I get my ATT, I'll see if I'm prepared enough to go to one of the other places and may have to take a little road trip. :D

I have scheduled an NCLEX review with Mark Klimek. Ever heard of him or do his review? I know a lot of people that also do the Kaplan review as well. I have scheduled Mark for the end of this month. I'm hoping it helps a lot. It's time to start reviewing and preparing. I was able to find an app to download to my phone today (actually 2 of them) and have been sitting out on the deck reviewing and taking the "quiz". I gotta start working on it sooner than later just in case I get lucky and get to test earlier than expected.

Thanks for the info. I will check into it.

I have not heard of that one,but again,that's probably bc I was in the Cleveland area. A lot of ppl I know used Boosta(sp)?. I just kept taking practice tests out of books over and over bc that is what worked for me when I took the LPN nclex. For the RN nclex, I did read the Hurst review nclex book, which I'd recommend,as it goes over strategies on how to figure out the questions and how to have your best shot at guessing when the questions are ambiguous( like when there are two or three "right" answers). It was about $20-$25, and it was a good read. Good luck in either case though- of course, you'll need a cruise to celebrate passing! ( although I guess that'll be the Sun?)

Stacey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk