Upgrade fairy just hit me for the allure got ??

So got a call for upgrade going from a d4 to deluxe or better cat W. Since I booked over a year and my cruise is on 6/8/14 prices have come way down. I looked at rccl and no junior suites are available so I'm guessing I might get something better. Of course I'm good with a JS but what has other people got when it was this late and got a W cat. Lady said I might not know room until I get to port has anyone had to wait that long? It is kinda like Christmas excited I want to unwrap my present but it is cool knowing I have a potential surprise coming. It just a little weird go from knowing my stateroom to having no idea. I guess they figured they could sell my old room easier because it was only on the website for an hour and now it is gone. Never had a gold card so would love to try the perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't have direct experience....but my instinct is that they would move people currently in JS up, then move people in lower categories to the now open JS....that way they get to make a lot more people happy with an upgrade.

Good luck - hoping that the way I would run things isn't how RC does it:D Congrats and enjoy your visit from the upgrade fairy!

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

I think the most likely senario is that you will get a JS and someone who booked a JS will go up to a GS. And prob the person who booked the GS

will go up to an OS. This happened to me on Allure. We'd booked a JS & day before got bumped up to GS and kept getting wine & goodies that were intended for the people who had previously booked the cabin. They were next door in an OS.

There is a crown & anchor posting about upgrades being given to next highest level in order. Tho everyone knows the upgrades are very often very random.

Good luck. Whatever cabin you have it will be a fabulous cruise. Enjoy :)

Still no word on cabin. Has anyone ever had to wait until they got to the port before knowing? I just can't figure out how to do my luggage if I don't know my room number for the porters if I have to wait until I check in.

Don't want to give you false hope, but on my Oasis sailing in 2011, we were upgraded from a balcony (I forget if it was D1 or below) to a Crown Loft Suite. Simply Amazing. And both of us were Gold members. Actually I was a Gold member, my mom had never sailed RCCL before. We were notified of the upgrade and the cabin we were moving too just a few days before sailing.

I'm also on the June 8th sailing in a D4. Hoping and praying lightning strikes twice. I'd take a JS in a heartbeat!

I had to show up at port one time without assigned cabin. The porters directed me to an RCCL rep who had a manifest with my cabin number. The porter filled out blank tags and I was on my way.

Still no word on cabin. Has anyone ever had to wait until they got to the port before knowing? I just can't figure out how to do my luggage if I don't know my room number for the porters if I have to wait until I check in.

Yes, this happened to us last year on the Oasis. We had a W guarantee and did not find out until we arrived at the pier. The luggage handlers there had a roster and they looked up our room number. We ended up with a Junior Suite. Several other people in our roll call thread ended up in a Grand Suite and one traveler got one of the really nice rooms (loft, or something). We were happy with the Junior Suite. It drove me insane as well. I checked Royal's site constantly and even called. I hope you get the room of your dreams! Enjoy the surprise.

Again... not trying to give you false hope as most W-Deluxe Guarantee's do get Junior Suites, BUT...when I 'upgraded' on our 2012 Oasis cruise to a W-Deluxe Guarantee, DH and I got an aft facing Crown Loft... I made the switch to the guarantee about 3 months before sailing and we got our room assignment a week before we left. It was an early November sailing (don't know if that might impact the availability of the larger/upscale suites) and I was a Gold C&A member at the time that we sailed.

If you don't find out until you get to pier - it has happened, just keep in mind that there WILL be a room for you when you get there, it WILL be a suite and you don't have to stress because the porter will be able to print your luggage tags for you right there with your room assignment on them. We here on CC have seen many cruisers stressing about their lack of assignment the week before their cruises. Don't let it stress you out - it is a CRUISE VACATION - and what could be better than that?! There really is not a bad Junior Suite on Oasis class ships. You will definitely be happy with whatever you get and it will be bigger than what you would have had in a D4.

Now a last reminder - please, whenever you get your assignment, post to the thread and let us know... We really all do wait to find out with you.

Best of luck to you on your guarantee.

It is truly like Christmas and walking past the tree and noticing a present with your name on that you did not buy and did not ask for. You see it, pick it up and shake every couple of hour trying to figure out what is in it. I have check rccl 3 times today and still nothing. My old e tickets still show the old cabin but the website shows the deluxe. Wonder if I get them to re-issue the e ticket if a suite number will generate?

So if you get upgraded this way, do you get double C&A points?

In this particular case, the OP was already getting double points for the original JS. However, you normally only get points based on the stateroom you paid for.

Edited by clarea

I was booked in a d4 which is just a balcony the got the call to switch for free. I guess you could call it free bought cruise last winter and this week prices went way down so I guess maybe I could have got a lot of obc since it was after final payment or in this case take the deluxe W cat upgrade. Since money was already spent and was already getting over $ 500 in obc it was a no brainer. Rccl sent it to me in writing since I asked for a confirmation email that I get to keep the following: WOW obc, TA obc, plus all of my resis's that I already booked. Also since it is now a deluxe of some sort I get double credits and if I get a full suite I get the suite enhanced perks and that it what is really cool especially on the allure where they have so many types of suite and great perks.

I was booked in a d4 which is just a balcony the got the call to switch for free. I guess you could call it free bought cruise last winter and this week prices went way down so I guess maybe I could have got a lot of obc since it was after final payment or in this case take the deluxe W cat upgrade. Since money was already spent and was already getting over $ 500 in obc it was a no brainer. Rccl sent it to me in writing since I asked for a confirmation email that I get to keep the following: WOW obc, TA obc, plus all of my resis's that I already booked. Also since it is now a deluxe of some sort I get double credits and if I get a full suite I get the suite enhanced perks and that it what is really cool especially on the allure where they have so many types of suite and great perks.

You no longer get OBC if the price goes down after final,...you can only upgrade if a category above yours is less...

If you get a free upgrade from a non-suite to a suite you do not get the bonus points for being in a suite...only if you pay for the upgrade...

I'm one of those weirdos that reads these stories and gets nervous. I picked our room based on a lot of factors. I don't want to be arbitrarily moved because I already have the room I want.

then you need to note that in your profile to NOT upgrade you or to only upgrade you if they call first

Don't want to give you false hope, but on my Oasis sailing in 2011, we were upgraded from a balcony (I forget if it was D1 or below) to a Crown Loft Suite. Simply Amazing. And both of us were Gold members. Actually I was a Gold member, my mom had never sailed RCCL before. We were notified of the upgrade and the cabin we were moving too just a few days before sailing.

I'm also on the June 8th sailing in a D4. Hoping and praying lightning strikes twice. I'd take a JS in a heartbeat!

Sorry if this is a little off topic but do the loft suites have tubs? I know that may sound silly but me and DH were looking at and couldn't see tubs mentioned in description or on any videos we saw.

I think the most likely senario is that you will get a JS and someone who booked a JS will go up to a GS. And prob the person who booked the GS

will go up to an OS. This happened to me on Allure. We'd booked a JS & day before got bumped up to GS and kept getting wine & goodies that were intended for the people who had previously booked the cabin. They were next door in an OS.

There is a crown & anchor posting about upgrades being given to next highest level in order. Tho everyone knows the upgrades are very often very random.

Good luck. Whatever cabin you have it will be a fabulous cruise. Enjoy :)

I hope that's how they do it.

I was checking available cabins for upcoming NOS cruise. I noticed they have JS or W available but W priced higher than JS:confused: I wondered why they would offer w guarantee if all they have left is JS, especially at a more expensive rate. I'd gladly take a visit from the fairy;)

Still no suite assigned yet, it truly is like cruise crack, I'm addicted to checking the website. I'm hoping that since we are 3 in the room and the W assignments are a little more rare for for then 2 people we get our room sooner rather then later. With that being said it is a good excitement and having been on 10 cruises it adds the intrigue back into what has become routine vacations. Don't get me wrong I love going on cruises, this just puts the icing on the cake. It has been a lucky year, a few months ago we got a free cruise from Carnival and now this upgrade.

It's 3 of us as well in our room and I also checked to see if we had been assigned a room nothing as of yet. But our Rep. told usually they wait till 2 weeks out and sometimes its not until the day of arrival that they assign u a room. So I wish all of us the best as we play the waiting game to recieve our gifts on Christmas in June!!!!! I wonder does it matter that we r Gold Crown and Anchor members I'm one point away from the next level....

Sorry if this is a little off topic but do the loft suites have tubs? I know that may sound silly but me and DH were looking at and couldn't see tubs mentioned in description or on any videos we saw.

No, just a shower downstairs and a huuuuge shower upstairs.

@Vettecruiser1, I just checked available cabins for your sailing for 3 people. The site I uses shows zero cabin availability. That would tell me that either they've assigned you a cabin or they have blocked all available cabins. You may not find out until you board.

Fingers crossed and wishing you the best but no matter what cabin you get assigned...you are on a BOAT and that boat is the ALLURE!! You are truly blessed. :p