Upgrade fairy just hit me for the allure got ??

[quote name='PCWalton1']Jason,
if you don't find out till you get on board, you still need to come back and let us know what you got. :D[/quote]

I agree- Too many times folks start a story and we don't get any closure:eek:

If that is the case and I don't find out until I board which I hope does not happen. I will make a post on the ship before we turn off all technology. We still live by the rule of once muster happens no technology while on vacation. We survived without it when we were kids and it feels good to go back those days while on vacation. Unless I get the room with the piano then I will let techno thing play it for us. "at least that is what happens in my dreams."

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

[quote name='vettecruiser1']If that is the case and I don't find out until I board which I hope does not happen. I will make a post on the ship before we turn off all technology. We still live by the rule of once muster happens no technology while on vacation. We survived without it when we were kids and it feels good to go back those days while on vacation. Unless I get the room with the piano then I will let techno thing play it for us. "at least that is what happens in my dreams."

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

I'm like u Jason we still don't know our room assignment either but either way we paid for a balcony and now we r playing the waiting game for our room assignment of a suite. No matter what I'm excited cause in 6 days we will be on the allure of seas sailing away in the after noon ⚓️⚓️🚢🚢 #shiplife

[quote name='misshellokitty22']I'm like u Jason we still don't know our room assignment either but either way we paid for a balcony and now we r playing the waiting game for our room assignment of a suite. No matter what I'm excited cause in 6 days we will be on the allure of seas sailing away in the after noon ⚓️⚓️🚢🚢 #shiplife[/QUOTE]

Come back and tell us which room your were assigned.

I'm with everyone else....hanging on the edge of my seat to find out what ya got! I also echo the technology thing...I can't wait to have ours turned off. With that said, make sure you make that post before it goes bye bye and most of all....enjoy that cruise! Woohoooo!

[quote name='MNfamilycruiser']I don't have direct experience....but my instinct is that they would move people currently in JS up, then move people in lower categories to the now open JS....that way they get to make a lot more people happy with an upgrade.

Good luck - hoping that the way I would run things isn't how RC does it:D Congrats and enjoy your visit from the upgrade fairy![/QUOTE]

That happened to someone in our roll call they were already in a JS and the two of them got moved to the Crown Loft Suite. That was a cool room like no other I've seen.

Looking forward to hearing what the OP says.

[quote name='vettecruiser1']Ok only 4 days to go and still nothing. I think I'm going crazy now. Thought for sure I would get something yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Must be a BIG surprise waiting for you!! :eek: Keeping the toes and fingers XXXX!! :D

We are in a Grand Suite on the 6/8/14 cruise and received a call yesterday offering a Royal Family Suite for $200 each. We declined. Although it is a larger suite with twice the balcony, we don't need two bedrooms and we like the layout of the GS better. Hopefully, someone with more people in their party will receive the offer.
Hoppy

[SIZE="2"]I just read this thread this morning and I was sure that you would have your room by the time I got to the last post. Have a great cruise what ever cabin you get, and hope you get your cabin soon.[/SIZE]

Did you have to pay extra or will it be a no charge upgrade? I only received an upgrade once without a charge, and did not find out until I checked in. Another time I got a call about upgrading to a suite. It was a reasonable offer so I paid the extra.

They called my TA and then called us and asked if we would like to have the "w" cat for no extra money. They explained what a "w" meant and that we might not find out until we get to the port. So I gave up my ocean balcony that I had reserved over a year ago for this, even at a JS it is awesome but still holding out hope that it will be the lovely gold card rooms.

[quote name='vettecruiser1']They called my TA and then called us and asked if we would like to have the "w" cat for no extra money. They explained what a "w" meant and that we might not find out until we get to the port. So I gave up my ocean balcony that I had reserved over a year ago for this, even at a JS it is awesome but still holding out hope that it will be the lovely gold card rooms.[/quote]
We were in the same situation as you a year ago on the Oasis. I checked 50 times a day and the anticipation was driving me insane. There were probably 10 others on our sailing that were waiting with the "w" guarantee. We all were constantly checking the night before check in at our hotel near the port. One or two in our group found out later that evening. We didn't know until we arrived at the port and we were thrilled with our JS. We also received double points, so not sure what someone else wrote about not receiving double points. Also, we loved the extra space. It really does spoil you. I'm hoping in August we have the same luck with our next Oasis cruise. Good luck to you!

Just read through all the posts and kept thinking as I went through page by page that I would find out in a minute what cabin/suite you will be getting and now I feel like I might spontaneously combust!!!!

Sitting here patiently (or not) to find out what you get :D

[quote name='vettecruiser1']And to think in just 72 hours I will be on this ship in a fantastic deluxe room of some sort, drinking a lava flow or dirty monkey and not worrying about life issues for 7 days.[/quote]

finally ended up with a Junior suite on deck 8