Upgrade fairy just hit me for the allure got ??

Still waiting, just booked an excursion hoping that wold reveal something and it did not. They only thing I have left to do is have them re-issue my E-Docs, i'm think that might get me an assignement, but I was kinda waiting until 2 weeks out before I tried that adventure.

Also my wife told me today she is interested in the premium package, but i'm having her wait until we get an assignment because if we do get lucky and get a gold card I don't think we would drink enough to justify that package. I might be wrong but I think I read that the Conc. Club has comp. pre-dinner cocktails is this correct? Does anyone know if they also have mimosas for breakfast?

[quote name='vettecruiser1']Still waiting, just booked an excursion hoping that wold reveal something and it did not. They only thing I have left to do is have them re-issue my E-Docs, i'm think that might get me an assignement, but I was kinda waiting until 2 weeks out before I tried that adventure.

Also my wife told me today she is interested in the premium package, but i'm having her wait until we get an assignment because if we do get lucky and get a gold card I don't think we would drink enough to justify that package. I might be wrong but I think I read that the Conc. Club has comp. pre-dinner cocktails is this correct? Does anyone know if they also have mimosas for breakfast?[/quote]

Yes concierge lounge on Allure has complimentary happy hour (no blnder drinks) from 5 - 8 or 8:30

I know you can get beer and wine with lunch in the lounge, don't know about mimosas

Are the family suites true suites? I did a mock booking and the was one at the end by the board walk but it looks the same size as a regular room just turned sideways it is also showing under balcony rooms and not the deluxe section. I thought the only family suite that was considered a true suite was the royal family. Any thoughts?

[quote name='vettecruiser1']Are the family suites true suites? I did a mock booking and the was one at the end by the board walk but it looks the same size as a regular room just turned sideways it is also showing under balcony rooms and not the deluxe section. I thought the only family suite that was considered a true suite was the royal family. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It's a family balcony that sleeps up to 6. It is larger at 290 sf compared with a regular balcony of 182. The balcony is larger since the cabin sits sideways so I consider that a plus. As far as suite perks, I would say that's a no go... but the cabin looks awesome!

[quote name='vettecruiser1']Still waiting, just booked an excursion hoping that wold reveal something and it did not. They only thing I have left to do is have them re-issue my E-Docs, i'm think that might get me an assignement, but I was kinda waiting until 2 weeks out before I tried that adventure.

Also my wife told me today she is interested in the premium package, but i'm having her wait until we get an assignment because if we do get lucky and get a gold card I don't think we would drink enough to justify that package. I might be wrong but I think I read that the Conc. Club has comp. pre-dinner cocktails is this correct? Does anyone know if they also have mimosas for breakfast?[/quote]

I was thinking the same as well about the premium package but since I still dont have our room assignment guess I'll be waiting till 2 weeks out as the Rep. did previously mention. I'll check again on May 31 good luck to all of us waiting on our Christmas Presents.

A W-Guarantee (which is also called a Junior Suite Guarantee or a Deluxe Guarantee) gets you a Junior Suite or better... A Junior Suite is the only 'suite' that does not qualify for suite perks. A family balcony on the Boardwalk or even oceanview with a balcony would be in an X-Guarantee (which is also called a balcony guarantee).

If the room in question is not listed in the Deluxe category, it would not be included in a W-Guarantee assignment pool. A Junior Suite has some perks, but you do not many of the full suite perks. You could get assigned a Royal Family Suite - that would be a true suite. Other than that, anything you get in a W-Guarantee pool assignment would be a full suite.

Sorry guys 16 days until we sail and I'm still showing no assignment. I have a feeling it will come next week. Trust me whether it is a JS or a the big dog Royal crown loft I will let you know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I guess this is why this "W" category lives on. Some cruisers feel that Christmas-like anticipation, I was burned once and I will not play that game again. Hang in with a wide open expectation but be prepared for a JS! In my case, JS sold out and there was a waiting list for JS so I dreamed big. However, the guarantee is prior to any wait list and I got a JS while RC went on and sold upper level cabins right up to sailing. BTW assignment was made Tuesday before a Sunday departure. Good Luck and Enjoy your cruise!!

[quote name='ccMiMi']Had to search for this thread to see what suite the OP was assigned. Was hoping for an update![/quote]

You can subscribe to a thread (it will say thread tools, it is on the right hand side top of the list of threads) and CC will email you an update any time someone posts on it. Edited by molly361

[quote name='OrlandoD']I guess this is why this "W" category lives on. Some cruisers feel that Christmas-like anticipation, I was burned once and I will not play that game again. Hang in with a wide open expectation but be prepared for a JS! In my case, JS sold out and there was a waiting list for JS so I dreamed big. However, the guarantee is prior to any wait list and I got a JS while RC went on and sold upper level cabins right up to sailing. BTW assignment was made Tuesday before a Sunday departure. Good Luck and Enjoy your cruise!![/QUOTE]

7 days till cruise and as of today still no assignment. As for getting burned I will not feel this way at all since I paid for a ocean view balcony and they called me for the "w" cat for no extra money. It's a win win either way I was past final payment so it was either keep my room or move up to at least a JS or better for the same price. I hope they keep the same for my cruise with the assignments coming out on Tuesday since I ready to find out now. I can dream about being in the piano room or the gigantic aqua suite but will be happy when I find out where my JS is located.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app