Any really hip pubs/restaurants in Miami that are a must visit before or after a crui

Rob32

Travelling on the Western Caribbean cruise on 16th October as my honeymoon with my wife to be.

We're staying in Miami the night before and the night after the cruise.

As such are there any really cool bars or restaurants that we must really try to get to?

Would be great to get some recommendations.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Travelling on the Western Caribbean cruise on 16th October as my honeymoon with my wife to be.

As such are there any really cool bars or restaurants that we must really try to get to?

Thanks!

I'm sure the cruise critic crowd knows all the dope joints.

Has anyone HERE tried the "Nikki Beach Club" Miami? We use Nikki Beach clubs in Europe - we have a port stop in Miami this cruise and was wondering if it would be as good? Love the vibe of Nikki Beach?

Anyone?

Re phrased purely for the benefit of LrgPizza :D

Edited by Blondie008

The Clevelander is a fun outdoor bar that isn't generally as much as a club feel as some other places. Bonus: since it's right on the beach it's reasonably populated earlier at night (8-10 pm) whereas the nightclubs generally don't get busy until after 10 pm.

For a late night snack check out Cafe News (news Cafe?) a few blocks down from the Clevelander. They have yummy food late at night - kind of like a diner on the beach. My favorite place for a post-cruise meal.

Thanks!

Duffy's for sure!

I'm not sure where you are staying, but here's our short list:

Juvia - South Beach

Milos - South Beach

Macchialina - South Beach

The Broken Shaker - Miami Beach

Michael's Genuine - Design District

MC Kitchen - Design District

Zuma - Business District

Alter - Wynwood

Thanks all so far! Sorry about the use of he words 'hip' and 'cool' but being from Dublin, Ireland, I wasn't sure anyone would know what I meant if I said...

'Jaysus, How'yis! Any of yiz know any bleedin' rapid gaffs with a bit of craic agus ceoil where me and the mot can lash a hape of pints into us and maybe get a dacent bowl of coddle?'

Thanks all so far! Sorry about the use of he words 'hip' and 'cool' but being from Dublin, Ireland, I wasn't sure anyone would know what I meant if I said...

'Jaysus, How'yis! Any of yiz know any bleedin' rapid gaffs with a bit of craic agus ceoil where me and the mot can lash a hape of pints into us and maybe get a dacent bowl of coddle?'

Certainly did NOT understand most of that. But, I sure got a good laugh. Cheers!

Thanks!

Well not really much to go on. I agree with the previous posters about Joe's Stone crabs and Ocean Drive in South Beach. Those two are the obvious touristy can't miss spots. You will not go wrong with those.

For more local flavor I recom two places:

For Fish lovers and casual local environ Garcias Seafood on the Miami river.

The Garcias have been running this place since the 60's I believe, and it is just plain good fresh seafood, from the boat to your plate, and from the terrace a nice view of the river

IMG_2331%20-%20Copy_zpspvfgc3ja.jpg

IMG_2328%20-%20Copy_zps2eo9txph.jpg

IMG_2325%20-%20Copy_zps4bklocdo.jpg

Wynwood is the new cool place in Miami. Artists and models have moved in and made it their own. The new bohemian neighborhood in Miami. Colorful murals adorn the streets, and many galleries, boutiques and restaurants run by daring young chefs can be found there.

We like the Wakefield brewery for their many good tasting brews. Also a food truck is usually parked in front.

IMG_2693_zpswfzcgphe.jpg

IMG_2689_zps7y0vf86j.jpg

Cheers.

Have a great cruise Rob! I love people with a sense of humor... :D

(And the rest of the day to yourself)

Edited by NHL Philly Fan