Price increase on a "regular" drink ?

Really! Hmmmm! Didn't know, I'll be! But mostly I drink imports in a bottle on a ship and know they are only 12 oz Beer outta an aluminum can/bottle just sounds wrong to me [emoji3]

Have seen a lot of people drinking the aluminum bottled beer, as in the picture, around the pool - no glass.

Well to be totally honest I really only ever drank cocktails around the pool and switch to beers at dinner, So that might be why I haven't been served the aluminum bottles.... Hmmm! Learn something every day :-)

Yep, no glass at pool. Those plastic bottles for Corona are to make the lime people happy

Yep, no glass at pool. Those plastic bottles for Corona are to make the lime people happy

It's funny in all the cruises, I never noticed.... I people watch but never really looked at the beer most had.... I was looking at women so that might have distracted me.... Lol

Well, I'm glad my post about vodka soda's solved the aluminum beer bottle mystery :p:p:p

I still wish some more people could weigh in on the prices of non-specialty, non-souvenir, cocktails. I guess most people must be buying the packages and just wouldn't know....

:)

Well, I'm glad my post about vodka soda's solved the aluminum beer bottle mystery [emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

I still wish some more people could weigh in on the prices of non-specialty, non-souvenir, cocktails. I guess most people must be buying the packages and just wouldn't know....

:)

Well to be honest Matt, I did get the thread going again and would also like to know the answer....

Oh don't worry jagmanss1 - I appreciate the effort. Just weird since I know we have a lot of people on this board who appreciate adult beverages :)

Well Matt, We'll just have to meet up on the Indy in October and I'll buy you a drink on my drink package and you can buy me one off of yours.... Lol

Edited by jagmanss1

16oz is 473ml to most of the world -- that's a generous pour, whereas most bottles are 12oz (355ml)... We call them "One third more" bottles.

If that's the default size, in that case, $6/bottle actually isn't that bad.

The imports are either 11.2 or 12 oz. Probably why they are cheaper than the American beers.

More specifically I would like to know the pricing of import high end beers like Stella beers?

Just off the EN yesterday. A stella including tip was $6.49

House vodka and cranberry around $8.00. Not sure what brand the house is, maybe Finlandia or Smirinoff?

Budweiser and Bud Lite come in 16 oz aluminum bottles. We had them last fall on Celebrity Equinox. In fact, I have several in the fridge right now.

Really! Hmmmm! Didn't know, I'll be! But mostly I drink imports in a bottle on a ship and know they are only 12 oz Beer outta an aluminum can/bottle just sounds wrong to me [emoji3]

Coors Light also comes in the 16 oz cans.

Well Matt, We'll just have to meet up on the Indy in October and I'll buy you a drink on my drink package and you can buy me one off of yours.... Lol

[emoji3][emoji3] exactly.

If prices have gone up, and to me it doesn't sound like it, they must just want everyone on a package.

Can only comment about frozen drinks . Just came off Majesty. A piña colada was around $12.60 after tax and 18% gratuity. Also bought 2 coco locos in the souvenier cups in coco cay. It was a little over $30 for 2 of them . Had a corona and a Heineken . They were $6.49 each after tax and gratuity

Not sure why everyone is so focused on beer bottle size :confused: and you're having such a hard time getting current pricing on mixed drinks. Seems I've read about it on several threads over recent months. Anyway, from memory... I saw reports of cocktails being as much as $12 ($14 with tip). If I find that thread, I'll link it. I've also read that prices vary from ship to ship, $9-10 on some while higher on others.

Edited by Ren1216

Here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2228961

I only skimmed just now, but on page 2 (posts 21, 22, 23) is where I saw the $14 price mentioned for frozen drinks (my interest, and why it stuck in my head). However, others drinks were said to be $10-12ish.

I'm thinking the $10 to $12ish is not premium alcohol and just the well swill type of alcohol..... In other words people aren't asking for patron in the drinks frozen or otherwise made with tequila, They are not asking for Grey Goose Vodka etc.... and just getting the well swill they have in them.... I for one like Premium liquor in my drinks.... There is a difference IMHO

I'm thinking the $10 to $12ish is not premium alcohol and just the well swill type of alcohol..... In other words people aren't asking for patron in the drinks frozen or otherwise made with tequila, They are not asking for Grey Goose Vodka etc.... and just getting the well swill they have in them.... I for one like Premium liquor in my drinks.... There is a difference IMHO

"Well Swill"? How classy is that? Here's a novel idea, instead of ridiculing somebody else's choice, list what you like and why. Once you add a mix, and had more than one, you might as well buy the "well swill" and save the money. In my opinion, there is no difference.

"Well Swill"? How classy is that? Here's a novel idea, instead of ridiculing somebody else's choice, list what you like and why. Once you add a mix, and had more than one, you might as well buy the "well swill" and save the money. In my opinion, there is no difference.

Yeah! Try Smirnoff on the rocks then try GG.... Even mixed I can tell the difference especially in the morning..... I'm not 25 anymore and earned my right to drink the best, Especially when talking beer like Stella, Which BTW I don't care what anyone says is no $6.50 beer on any ship any cruise line..... I was on Princess last year and know before Tax they were like $7.95....

Yeah! Try Smirnoff on the rocks then try GG.... Even mixed I can tell the difference especially in the morning..... I'm not 25 anymore and earned my right to drink the best, Especially when talking beer like Stella, Which BTW I don't care what anyone says is no $6.50 beer on any ship any cruise line..... I was on Princess last year and know before Tax they were like $7.95....

Nobody questioned your right to drink whatever you like. It's not right to ridicule people who don't share your feelings. People are individuals and different. They have the same rights to like what they do, just like you. Accept it and move on, or be bitter, that's your choice.

On Explorer in June, Bombay Sapphire and tonic was $10; even Jim Beam and Diet Coke was $9.00.

Sounds like a decent answer to the OP.

Just off the EN yesterday. A stella including tip was $6.49

House vodka and cranberry around $8.00. Not sure what brand the house is, maybe Finlandia or Smirinoff?

Another answer! :)

(OK I'm out of order, but if cc would get their multi-quote tool working I wouldn't have to edit like I do for these kinds of posts)

And there's a post on the long-running thread that's still active, the title starts with "WOW" and is specifically abut the price increases, the post is from today, from someone ON a ship.

"I'm on Liberty, got a house vodka and tonic for $6 + tip. The same price we have paid for a long time."

What is a Kaulua Sombrero ? Sounds like something I'd like to try.

A quick google says it's kahlua and cream.

More specifically I would like to know the pricing of import high end beers like Stella beers?

We're calling Stella high end? Huh.

On a ship, ALL beers are imports. In Europe, Bud is an import (and is more expensive than a local beer).

If prices have gone up, and to me it doesn't sound like it, they must just want everyone on a package.

I would think that most people are ordering "named" drinks, not just "alcohol & mixer" type of drinks. That might be why you're not getting tons of answers.

Not sure why everyone is so focused on beer bottle size :confused: and you're having such a hard time getting current pricing on mixed drinks.

Because someone else jumped into the thread with their own questions and people are answering them.

You responded to someone talking about MIXED drinks not something on ice.

Again with the Stella being premium...you really have followed along with their marketing. :)

Sapphire is not Patron.

I've been trying to figure this one out since you posted it. Someone said what a drink with Sapphire was, and that was your reply. No, they aren't the same.