Price increase on a "regular" drink ?

I had read the long thread on prices before my OP, or at least I tried to, and it seemed like the comments were about souvenir drinks, frozen stuff, etc. And possibly some posts where VAT or other taxes or ships embarking from foreign ports may have been the issue - which is why I posted. Just trying to get basic drink pricing on US based ships.

Anyway, I do appreciate the input and glad we also solved any lingering questions about the beer bottles :)

Maybe they're experimenting on certain ships to see how it affects package sales ?

Yeah! Try Smirnoff on the rocks then try GG.... Even mixed I can tell the difference especially in the morning..... I'm not 25 anymore and earned my right to drink the best, Especially when talking beer like Stella, Which BTW I don't care what anyone says is no $6.50 beer on any ship any cruise line..... I was on Princess last year and know before Tax they were like $7.95....

Jeez, why so adamant on things you know nothing about. Corona, Amstel, Heineken, and Newcastle are all $5.50 before tax on Royal. Princess has nothing to do with this

Jeez, why so adamant on things you know nothing about. Corona, Amstel, Heineken, and Newcastle are all $5.50 before tax on Royal. Princess has nothing to do with this

I'm on my phone and can't see where your from, But I'll just assume US and still say no import beer like Newcastle, Corona, Heineken or such us available on any cruise for $5.50 Hell! On land here in Florida at the cheapest bar or restaurant it's not that cheap..... Not sure what world you live in, But not here....

I'm on my phone and can't see where your from, But I'll just assume US and still say no import beer like Newcastle, Corona, Heineken or such us available on any cruise for $5.50 Hell! On land here in Florida at the cheapest bar or restaurant it's not that cheap..... Not sure what world you live in, But not here....

Out for drinks at Coconuts in Cocoa Beach last night. $4.25 for Corona and most other imports, but that doesn't matter. On Royal, most imports in 11 or 12 oz bottles are $5.50 plus tip. This was on Freedom in June. When were you on Royal last to be so positive on the price of beer?

BTW, my phone shows my location as Cocoa Beach, FL. It's under profile. You are from Palm Coast

Edited by John&LaLa

Out for drinks at Coconuts in Cocoa Beach last night. $4.25 for Corona and most other imports, but that doesn't matter. On Royal, most imports in 11 or 12 oz bottles are $5.50 plus tip. This was on Freedom in June. When were you on Royal last to be so positive on the price of beer?

BTW, my phone shows my location as Cocoa Beach, FL. It's under profile. You are from Palm Coast

Our experience with beer prices is the same.

Also, listed as the best restaurant in Palm Coast, FL by TripAdvisor, Captain's BBQ provides premium beers for $3.74.

http://captainsbbqbaittackle.com/dessert-menu/

"Well Swill"? How classy is that? Here's a novel idea, instead of ridiculing somebody else's choice, list what you like and why. Once you add a mix, and had more than one, you might as well buy the "well swill" and save the money. In my opinion, there is no difference.

my head knows the difference. :rolleyes: There is a taste difference depending on the distillation process.

my head knows the difference. :rolleyes: There is a taste difference depending on the distillation process.

Everybody has different taste and likes, that's why they make a so many different beers and alcohol. Belittling someone else's taste is uncalled for. Like what you like but don't assume that anybody that likes something different is wrong.

By definition, swill is liquid refuse fed mainly to swine, that's pigs for those who don't know. I don't see the value in the premium drinks so I drink what probably 90% of the people do, the middle of the road drinks. I find it offensive. :roll eyes twice.

Nobody questioned your right to drink whatever you like. It's not right to ridicule people who don't share your feelings. People are individuals and different. They have the same rights to like what they do, just like you. Accept it and move on, or be bitter, that's your choice.

What are you ranting and going on about, I didn't Ridicule anyone! I gave my opinion about certain grades of alcohol if you don't like my opinion I could care less....

Jeez! you all on these boards lately have to always take what you don't like about someone post and turn all around.... Get real!

Everybody has different taste and likes, that's why they make a so many different beers and alcohol. Belittling someone else's taste is uncalled for. Like what you like but don't assume that anybody that likes something different is wrong.

By definition, swill is liquid refuse fed mainly to swine, that's pigs for those who don't know. I don't see the value in the premium drinks so I drink what probably 90% of the people do, the middle of the road drinks. I find it offensive. :roll eyes twice.

What are you ranting and going on about, I didn't belittle you or anyone! I gave my opinion about certain grades of alcohol if you don't like my opinion I could care less....

Jeez! you all have to always take what you don't like about someone post and turn all around.... Get real!

1.(non alcoholic beers, 12oz) Buckler, O’Doul’s$4,502.(16oz) Miller Lite, Miller Genuine Draft, Coors Light, Michelob Light$4,503.(12oz) Dos Equis, Singha, Corona Extra, Amstel Light, Heineken, Heineken Light, Peroni, Pilsner Urquell, Tiger, Kirin Light, Red Stripe, Bass Ale, Stella Artois, Beck’s$5,504.(12oz) Smirnoff Ice, Sierra Nevada pale ale$5,755.(16oz) Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Select, Michelob ULTRA$5,756.(12oz) Blue Moon Belgian Ale$6,507.(24,5oz) Foster’s Oil Can$8,00

How much are drinks on Royal Caribbean – drink prices 2015

IMPORTANT: Until we update all our drink prices listed below in accordance to the RCI line’s new bar menus, know this:

• There are Royal Caribbean tipping policy changes: RCI is charging now (as of February 2015) 18% gratuities on their drink packages, instead of the old 15% gratuity policy.
  • One of the ShipCruise’s fans reported that there are limited number of bar menus throughout the ship (Explorer, in particular) with listed limited offerings in an obvious effort Royal Caribbean to push the line’s new drink packages.
  • There is a huge increase in bar drinks prices (up to 40% on some beverages) compared to 2014 prices. For example, ALL cocktails now start at US$10 (compared to the old price of US$6,50), American premium beers are all at US$6 and International beers are all at US$5,50 (all prices non-inclusive of tips). Good thing is, guests could still ask for specialty drinks not shown on the bar menu (like Black Russian or B52).
  • While this information relates especially to the ships Allure and Quantum, sadly, there is a huge possibility the latest RCI bar price increase to go fleetwide.

There seems to be recent conflicting information - there are posts here of people recently being charged around $8 with tip for a regular cocktail. Not $10 or more.

I'm still wondering if they are experimenting on a couple of ships.

A vodka and cranberry on Indy was $7 last week. Of course that was for "well swill". Most bars didn't have menus with prices.

I couldn't figure most of the pricing out. Pina Colada was $10 but a daquiri was $12. Both made from Island Oasis mix with the same rum.

Edited by dcgrumpy

16 oz for bottles of beer? UMMM! No beer I drink comes in 16 oz bottles, Stella comes in the highest bottle of 11.2 oz as most bottle beer is 12 oz.... I've never seen in any bar or liquor store 16 oz of any beer unless your buying a 16 oz can.

No such beer of 16 oz exists on a cruise unless it's maybe a draft.... Even then I doubt it's 16 oz.....

They aren't really glass bottles, they are 16 oz aluminum bottles. Coors Light, Bud Light, Bud, and others. Craft beers are on tap or in 12oz glass bottles. Not sure if a tap pour is 16oz, but there are 16oz beers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were on Brilliance 9/3-9/18 (transatlantic). Hubby had a Black Russian in the MDR for $12.00. Dinner companion had a drink one night -- a martini, maybe? -- also $12.00. Never paid close to that on any other cruise.

I drink Diet Coke and the soda card was an obscene $8.00 per day -- at least $2.00 per day more than I have ever paid in the past.

You don't even want to know what we paid in the ship store for cold medicine.

... I drink Diet Coke and the soda card was an obscene $8.00 per day -- at least $2.00 per day more than I have ever paid in the past....

The soda package had been $6.50 per day for years now. That was $7.67 with tip. So they raised the price $0.33 per day, which is much less of an increase than the cocktails experienced.

It just makes the drink package an even better choice for me.

Well, that is certainly the goal. However, your response should be "that just makes Vegas an even better choice for me"

The soda package had been $6.50 per day for years now. That was $7.67 with tip. So they raised the price $0.33 per day,

That is some of the most Bullsh*t math... No. I had the drink package in my shopping cart when the change came through. The price for the soda package went up by 2.00 per day. That was the change. It was not .30c per day. That is a LIE.

Edited by Diplomacy

Well, that is certainly the goal. However, your response should be "that just makes Vegas an even better choice for me"

That is some of the most Bullsh*t math... No. I had the drink package in my shopping cart when the change came through. The price for the soda package went up by 2.00 per day. That was the change. It was not .30c per day. That is a LIE.

What a diplomatic response. :rolleyes:

Yeah, definitely.

But he/she is correct. I paid $8.00 plus gratuities, so if the soda card had been $6.50 then it went up $1.50 a day, not $ .33. Big difference.

The soda package is now $8.00 per day, which includes gratuities.