Serenity Deck and Children

Swampbaby

Why all the judgement in here about people who like to drink? I'm 42 and I like to drink all day on vacation. I don't get loud or stupid but I don't appreciate being judged for it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think people are just judging loud and stupid. I'm 42 and drink my fair share on vacation but I'm rarely loud and put in a lot of effort not to be stupid.

Why all the judgement in here about people who like to drink? I'm 42 and I like to drink all day on vacation. I don't get loud or stupid but I don't appreciate being judged for it

If you are going to get loud though there are better places to be on the ship rather than the Serenity area where people are trying to relax and get away from the noise. I don't think anyone is judging those that choose to drink all day but those who choose to have their loud party in Serenity rather than the areas provided for that. I wouldn't be happy if I am in Serenity trying to relax and someone is loud and obnoxious in that area.

Edited by Mysticks1

I don't know why you're posting this. You're assuming you'll have issues on a cruise you haven't even gone on yet. In all my experience, I've never seen kids in the Serenity area. Drunk 20-somethings are another story.

Not assuming anything. Just wondering due to various posts I have read in the past. Since I'm sailing during a time school is in session I don't anticipate that many children to begin with. ALSO, last two cruises I was amazed at how you didn't even see the kids unless they were doing something like the scavenger hunt.

Just looking for a quiet place to relax and read.

You may want to invest in a balcony room and pray for quiet neighbors. A cove balcony provides shelter from the sun. May be your best bet to stay away from people. It can be difficult to relax in quiet when some prefer to prefer to enjoy themselves a little loudly. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I drink my fair share. But I don't get loud and make the serenity deck like a frat party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not assuming anything. Just wondering due to various posts I have read in the past. Since I'm sailing during a time school is in session I don't anticipate that many children to begin with. ALSO, last two cruises I was amazed at how you didn't even see the kids unless they were doing something like the scavenger hunt.

Just looking for a quiet place to relax and read.

I hope you find that in the serenity deck. I love the serenity deck, especially first thing in the morning when most people are still sleeping.

I don't want to be a killjoy to anyone else's fun. I go to the hairy chest contest and deck parties. I dance in the dining room. However, when I go to the serenity deck, there is a certain expectation of peace and quiet and it doesn't have to be kids that ruin that.

On 2 of my cruises, once on the Triumph and again on the Elation we saw young children in the hottub on the Serenity Deck and there was an attendant just standing there watching them. They were not being a nuisance but someone must have said something because they were finally asked to leave. They were probably 9-10 years old and apparently did not have any adult supervision.

I've been known to have a drink or six myself.

My complaint was that the partiers could do their partying at the main pool, where it is encouraged and leave the Serenity deck to those who, you know, actually want serenity!

As for kids, I've pointed out to people that kids weren't allowed. One would think that newbie cruisers might actually read through the FunTimes or look at signs and notice these things, but they don't. And if they're just passing through and stop at the rail for a few minutes, fine. But they should not park themselves in that area and if no one 'official' says anything, we should. Some people are just oblivous and don't realize and if no one speaks up, they'll continue to break the rules. If you politely let them know the rules and they ignore you, then it's time to get someone else involved. I've never had to do that.

I am looking forward to reading, an adult beverage, and serenity in this area of the ship which I am sure I will be able to enjoy on my mini trip. I am just happy to have an area to relax for awhile without the pool noise since there is not a balcony option on the Imagination except for a suite. I did the suite option one time on the Paradise just for the balcony on a 3-day and for me it was nice but not worth the money for such a short time. Thanks for the info on the Serenity area.

There is usually a library on board should be plenty of piece and quiet there or your room or just stay at home adults is adults but sometimes you cant get in hot tubs on main deck because they full of kids also no problem with kids or people partying it is a vacation after all and if you cant deal with it change your iteniary just saying :p

We didn't have any issues with kids on serenity, but we did in the aft pool on Liberty. This man came with his small child and said you guys don't mind him coming in the hot tub. My husband and another gentleman objected to this small child in the adults only whirlpool and the gentleman became very disgruntled, but a Carnival employee came over and told the gentleman that the pool and whirlpool were adults only and his son would have to leave. He called my husband some names and made a vague threat, but he did leave peacefully afterwards.

WHO monitors the Sunshine Serenity Deck so ADULTS may enjoy it without children around? I am NOT against children but if this is an adults only area then that is what I expect.

It varies a little from ship to ship, but for the most part there is normally a staff member near the entranceand usually they stop the kids. I did see kids up there on the Freedom for sail away once, but never saw them up there after that.

I thik it is valid question. I LOVE the serenity areas! We pulled into Key West one time and I went up there to wait for my wife to get ready to go ashore. I fell asleep in one of the hammocks and almost missed the whole port call!

You may want to invest in a balcony room and pray for quiet neighbors. A cove balcony provides shelter from the sun. May be your best bet to stay away from people. It can be difficult to relax in quiet when some prefer to prefer to enjoy themselves a little loudly. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yeah that usually works until my last cruise. DW and i were sitting on the balcony till the weed being smoked next door was just too much to handle. So we went inside. 2 Hours later we hear a bunch of banging outside my wife was scared i went out to the patio and the 2 guys that were smoking earlier were now fighting each other on their balcony and it busted down the divider between our balcony and there's. Needless to say the worst luck we have ever had on the Balcony.:) Just thought i would share.

Not close to the waterworks, but very close to the main pool area. The first 2 decks are not quiet.

I can handle noise, but hate the chair hogs.

Then you probably won't be enjoying Serenity unless you are up at 6 am. On our last cruise we walked through 8-10 times and every time at least half of the chairs were empty with towels on them. We finally gave up.

WHO monitors the Sunshine Serenity Deck so ADULTS may enjoy it without children around? I am NOT against children but if this is an adults only area then that is what I expect.

I guess it depends what age these children are. I encountered 50 year old kids in the Serenity Deck that were drunk and so loud that my sister and I couldn't hear each other talk. And our lounge chairs were inches apart from each other.

Edited by lady_cruiser

I think it's a nice question, and not one asked over and over like "what is FTTF?", or how early can I get on board? All these other questions have a standard answer, yet get asked over and over.

Great response. So true.

We love the Serenity deck. Never seen any children there. I don't consider 18-21 a child. It can get loud with a group who starts drinking and dominates the hot tubs most of the day.

I saw 2 young boys in the Serenity pool with their father on Sunshine's New Year's cruise. They stayed in the Serenity pool for a quite a while, maybe an hour, and no crew member ever said a word to them. They were splashing and having a big time and it was obvious that the adults were a little upset at being disturbed. I'd say the boys were around 8 to 10 years old.

If you experienced a similar situation on Sunshine, it would seem that Sunshine staff don't care.

Someone could always get security if something like that is happening. I don't blame the kids in that particular situation. It shows how little respect the adult had for others.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have no problem telling unattended children, nor parents with children, that Serenity is for 21 and over.

On one cruise a family walked in and let the kids jump on the cushioned deck chairs. I took the matter into my own hands. I was nice about it but I made sure they knew the rules.

As for 18-20 year olds, sorry, but they should not occupy deck chairs that are meant for those of us over 21.

I don't know why you're posting this. You're assuming you'll have issues on a cruise you haven't even gone on yet. In all my experience, I've never seen kids in the Serenity area. Drunk 20-somethings are another story.

In the hot tub?

There are usually loud drunks in the hot tub for some reason...

We have never had a problem with any children being on the Serenity deck and like going there in the evenings. I would imagine the 18-22 year old crowd being more of an issue as far as rowdiness goes, but that hasn't been an issue thus far either.

We have had hit or miss experiences, most of the the chairs are full of towels by 8am and their rightful owners show up by 11am.

On our most recent trip my wife and daughter had loungers next to each other and one fellow passenger waited until my wife went to get a soda to approach my daughter and remind her about the age restrictions. Not a good idea.

She got to meet a 24 year old CPA. They probably won't be exchanging Christmas cards. She woke my daughter up... :mad:

We have had hit or miss experiences, most of the the chairs are full of towels by 8am and their rightful owners show up by 11am.

On our most recent trip my wife and daughter had loungers next to each other and one fellow passenger waited until my wife went to get a soda to approach my daughter and remind her about the age restrictions. Not a good idea.

She got to meet a 24 year old CPA. They probably won't be exchanging Christmas cards. She woke my daughter up... :mad:

Oh I would not be happy! I would have something sarcastic to say back.

Im a very verbal person and I don't mind reminding anyone that "sorry no children are allowed" and I don't mind reminding any rowdy "adult" that it is called the serenity deck for a reason! If either of these groups insisted on staying then I would take my complaint directly to a crew member to ask them to take care of the situation as they are suppose to or I suppose I would have to take my concern to the the pursers desk later on. I am more then sure the problem would be resolved either way. That being said, I am very grateful that I have been on 29 cruises and have never had to do either!

I don't mind adults having fun on the serenity deck but being disruptive is just as annoying as children in the serenity area. I love kids , and enjoy watching them in the "kid fun" areas of the ship! I am not going to lie I really really enjoy the usual "quiet" of the serenity deck!!