Hampton Inn on Brickell......(Miami)

Lois R

Just thought I would post a brief review about my recent stay at

The Hampton Inn on Brickell. This hotel is about a 10-15 minute cab

ride to the POM.....(depending on traffice of course). I stayed here the

night of 11/7.

I booked a package I found right here on Cruise Critic. It included breakfast and transportation to the port. With taxes the room was

190.00 and some change.

Location is REALLY good. It is about a block and 1/2 from "Mary

Brickell Village" which has many, MANY, restaurants and shops, along

with a Publix right in the middle!

The breakfast buffet was quite large.......not just pastries.......but

everything....all kinds of breads and bagels, fruits, eggs, potatoes,

bacon, sausauge, etc.....coffee, tea, juice, milk, etc...etc...etc...

I had been put down for the 11am shuttle to the ship but when I got

outside? Lets just say it was quite disorganized. I should have just

paid for a cab but decided to wait for the next van.....in other words,

there was not enough room in the 11 ride.....

I was on the 11:30 van......there were 7 of us on it. 2 gals on a Carnival

ship and 5 of us on a Celebrity ship. The driver dropped the 2 gals at

their ship and then took us to Reflection. I was on my ship by 12:30.

But in reality, there were waaayyyyy more people than vans. Not

sure who was responsible but it was a mess:rolleyes:

Anyway, the hotel is fine and the location to the restaurants is

excellent but not sure it is worth 190 bucks.......

Just thought I would post my thoughts for anyone staying there:)

Thanks Lois. In my shopping for the best hotel and the best rate with parking even for a group, the CC rate is the very lowest. Sorry the shuttle transfer was a mess but we have found that often to be the case as at the Hyatt Place properties. I am still recommending this property in Miami for the total experience. I, like you, always hope to board early to start my cruise vacation.

That DOES sound high especially for your off peak date.:rolleyes:

Your experience with the hotel shuttle to port is pretty much what we have observed at different hotels. Not always worth the scheduling and extra stops and unloading. Unless a single, cost wise not a value either.

Thanks for sharing. I bet you had a great cruise on Reflection :D

Off Peak, not quite especially as all the cruise ships are back in port now on the weekends. Fridays and Saturday nights are high during the winter months due to the fact of all the cruise ships leaving at this time of year.

That DOES sound high especially for your off peak date.:rolleyes:

Your experience with the hotel shuttle to port is pretty much what we have observed at different hotels. Not always worth the scheduling and extra stops and unloading. Unless a single, cost wise not a value either.

Thanks for sharing. I bet you had a great cruise on Reflection :D

I am a single.....and like I said, I probably should have just taken

a cab at 10:30.....oh well......and yes, I had a GREAT CRUISE:D

We have stayed there also

we took the free metro mover to Bayside to meet a friend for dinner it is a short walk from the hotel

We opted for a taxi to the port

It is a nice quiet hotel with a good breakfast deal

sometimes the Cruise package rates are more expensive than the regular rates at some hotels I check both options

Off Peak, not quite especially as all the cruise ships are back in port now on the weekends. Fridays and Saturday nights are high during the winter months due to the fact of all the cruise ships leaving at this time of year.

Sept, Oct and November ( not Thanksgiving week) are off peak for S Fl. The rate, I now see Lois mentioned, does include the taxes. And with the cruise package amenities, there was probably an additional $20 added to the basic rate. So, I guess the rate is par for OFF peak. ;)

This hotel has really gone up in pricing over the last 2-3 years. All hotels have inched up, but this particular one seems to have made a bigger jump. I see the same basic room is well over $250 in the peak months.

Keith, you are doing great PR for this place. I'd work on a deal with them.;)

Edited by eandj

After cruising the X's s class ships, do you lean toward X or are you cruising Princess?

We are trying out Regal in Jan. just for a week's itinerary. We are ready to compare to the S class, which we find really nice.

Hi Lois,

Hope all is well! We will be staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell, for the second time in January pre Eclipse cruise. We also really like the hotel- I recall they also gave us each a free drink coupon (alcoholic or non) when we arrived. The location as you stated was wonderful! Many opportunities to find really nice dining options and just nice to walk around the area. We did opt for a private cab to the port.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Regards,

Wendy

Edited by Cruise a holic

After cruising the X's s class ships, do you lean toward X or are you cruising Princess?

We are trying out Regal in Jan. just for a week's itinerary. We are ready to compare to the S class, which we find really nice.

Hi,:) I have never sailed with Princess before. I booked another cruise

with Celebrity while I was on Reflection. Going to Alaska in May:D

Hi,:) I have never sailed with Princess before. I booked another cruise

with Celebrity while I was on Reflection. Going to Alaska in May:D

Yes, X is our first choice. Just trying to add some fresh blood into the mix.:D Happy holidays!

Thanks Lois. In my shopping for the best hotel and the best rate with parking even for a group, the CC rate is the very lowest. Sorry the shuttle transfer was a mess but we have found that often to be the case as at the Hyatt Place properties. I am still recommending this property in Miami for the total experience. I, like you, always hope to board early to start my cruise vacation.

Can you clarify that you found the Hampton Inn downtown that included parking in the rate?

Parking is very limited and very expensive downtown. My husband pays $120 a month to park downtown.

I find that very hard to fathom because downtown hotels charge for overnight parking.

Lois:

was the 11 am shuttle the first one of the day? were there any scheduled for earlier. Staying here in Jan.

Hi,:) it was the first one.....to be totally honest, I would take a cab.

• 4 weeks later...

With that many, you would need two cabs. Even suv cabs won't hold all the luggage with passengers.

Or take the plunge into the shuttle routine. Definitely is going to be a challenge during more peak dates than Lois's if they don't offer more vans.

Sounds like 2 cabs would work,

Question about hotels, we are flying in to FLL , I had booked the Hampton Inn Airport, But seems Hampton Inn Brickell has more things to do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again :)

We are also flying into ftl and booked in hampton inn brickel. It is in the heart of downtown miami. Near shopping, restaurants and the moving walkway. You will be happy you are staying at the hotel. You can take a cab or shuttle from the airport to the hotel from Fll.

We are also flying into ftl and booked in hampton inn brickel. It is in the heart of downtown miami. Near shopping, restaurants and the moving walkway. You will be happy you are staying at the hotel. You can take a cab or shuttle from the airport to the hotel from Fll.

Thanks !!! :D

Sounds like 2 cabs would work,

Question about hotels, we are flying in to FLL , I had booked the Hampton Inn Airport, But seems Hampton Inn Brickell has more things to do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again :)

Good move. I think any other than an "airport hotel" will be a better start to your vacation.

You are close to the port and downtown. If time, you can pick up tours at Bayside Mall.

A taxi will run $100 from FLL to Hampton Inn in Brickell ..

Not sure what moving walkway you are talking about did not see one near the hotel

They do have the free metro mover that will take you to Bayside area if you choose

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metromover.asp