The Upgrade Fairy was very Generous

terrydtx

We have a group of 28 in 14 cabins leaving on the Jewel in 16 days. Everyone but 2 couples are booked in either balcony or mini suite cabins. The 2 couples in ocean view cabins on the 5th deck got visited by the upgrade fairy yesterday and received free upgrades to B2 balcony cabins on the 9th and 10th deck. My TA was so surprised and the 2 couples are ecstatic. One couple has never been in a balcony and for the other one this was their first cruise and his first question was does the balcony look over the water. He and his wife are bouncing off the walls with excitement. Well done NCL you probably have made new long time customers out of these 2 couples.

Curious if the ocean views were guaranties or regular booking? Good news for them for sure. With that large a group did you make it a group booking to take advantage of discounts?

The OV were regular bookings as part of our group booking. We got group amenities (OBC) but not really any discounts. My TA is part of a large cruise booking franchise and they have a lot of pull with NCL and she thinks that helped us get the 2 upgrades. I have a BA midship 10th deck balcony and I turned down an upgrade offer to a mini suite which was located aft under the buffet/great out doors and I have read too many stories about the noise at that location.

One of our cruise buddies missed the fairy call today. But she left a message. Hope they are as fortunate as you and get the up. We sail in 9 days and still have not received a cabin number for our GTY Mini. Do you think the fairy is in our future?:D

Edited by Coasty

WOW that's great

Do you get a volume discount if you book a large party like yours or a free cabin

I heard if you book a certain amount of people someone gets a free cabin

Enjoy!!

You do not really get a volume discount, you have to book a minimum of 8 cabins with 16 passengers and you get the fare less the taxes of the 16th person free. The free fare is based on the fare of the majority category booked. We also got $100 OBC per cabin over and above any OBC offered at the time you book. So it is a nice deal but not really a great deal. The only problems is with a group sale you can not book any GTY cabins and upgrades are handled a little differently than no group sales. For example if I was not in the group I could have upgraded to the current Mini Suite GTY for free but since I am in the group I could not do that and the other Mini Suite categories would have cost me about $180 more per person to upgrade.

We have a group of 28 in 14 cabins leaving on the Jewel in 16 days. Everyone but 2 couples are booked in either balcony or mini suite cabins. The 2 couples in ocean view cabins on the 5th deck got visited by the upgrade fairy yesterday and received free upgrades to B2 balcony cabins on the 9th and 10th deck. My TA was so surprised and the 2 couples are ecstatic. One couple has never been in a balcony and for the other one this was their first cruise and his first question was does the balcony look over the water. He and his wife are bouncing off the walls with excitement. Well done NCL you probably have made new long time customers out of these 2 couples.

Your great news made me smile!

I am so happy for you and your group...starting off this cruise in a fabulous way already!!!!

One couple has never been in a balcony and for the other one this was their first cruise and his first question was does the balcony look over the water. He and his wife are bouncing off the walls with excitement. Well done NCL you probably have made new long time customers out of these 2 couples.

Good to hear and did laugh at the balcony question however not such a daft question if they were on one of the RCCL massive ships!

Congratulations, that's great news! Thanks for sharing your experience. Please let us know how everything turned out when you get back. Bon Voyage!!

Thank you, this is my first NCL cruise so I will be sharing my review when I get back.

Not a completely stupid question. RCCL has balconies on the bigger ships that don't actually face the ocean, rather they face "Central Park" (a/k/a its a fancy inside room).

Have you priced out those fancy inside cabins on the AOS? They are so outrageous! :eek: