Florida - November

beshears

I have cruised for many years,and get a lot of good advice from CC.

I have never been to Florida in November. If you live in Florida, or know someone that does (yes, I know each year can be different) , can you give me an idea of the temperatures there, the first week of November. I am from Missouri, and would like to know what kind of clothes to wear, and if the water is too cool to walk through on the beach, or put my feet in, not to go swimming?

I do not live there, but our family had a condo there for many years, and we spent our time in Florida from early Nov to end of April. For me; Novemeber was always still pleasant if not perfect, not to hot, not too cool, later into Dec and into January it would usually be cooler with day time highs at best to 70F.

November for me was always still warm in my experience, warm but not too warm, like a high of 8OF thereabout.

For us Canadians even a day time high of 60 to 70F is a good considering the alternative at home lol. Oh...how I miss that little piece of Paradise, that we called home for 6 months of the year:(

This was ST Petersburg, near Madeira beach.

Edited by SMSACE6

I live in Northeast Florida (Jacksonville). It can get pretty chilly here in the evenings in November. Most of the time the weather is mid seventies in the daytime then. November is an "iffy" month. Last year I went on a cruise out of Jacksonville and we had a very unusual cold front move in, with daytime highs in the fifties and strong winds. Just check the 10-day weather forecast before you come. One of our local news stations has an online weather report: just weather.com. Select Jacksonville or plug in the area you are going to and it will be a local forecast. I think they only do North Florida though. Hope this helps.

The weather in South Florida in November is generally in the low 80's. It is warm to hot year round except during cold spells during the winter months. The ocean stays comfortable, not cold. You should take shorts, capris or lightweight pants (summer clothes) and you may want to have a sweater or light jacket in the evening.

We don't hit chilly until February, it'll still be in the 80's for the day and maybe into the high 60's at night. The water temp shouldn't cool that much that early into the season. And the threat of hurricanes should be about gone although that season does last until the end of November, it's been a quite year so far. It will be cooler out on the water at night. Have fun.

I live in SW Florida (Naples). The sea temperature here today was 83 degrees; my pool (not being heated yet) was 84. Both were at 88 degrees during the summer. The mornings have just begun to move down into the lower seventies instead of 76-77, and daytime temps are in the mid to upper eighties instead of 92-93 during the summer. Another month or so will make more of a difference, but the water (down here, anyway) will still be warm enough to at least walk in. I will be wearing shorts and sleeveless tops/dresses in November. There is a lot of difference in north, central, and south Florida at that time of year, though. What area will you be visiting?

All depends what part of Florida you are visiting. Compared to November in Missouri, it will feel warm. I live exactly west of Orlando. Beautiful days 70 - low 80, 60 - 50 at night ( we occasionally get frost at night ) last year was on the cool side. Hope you enjoy your visit!

You didn't mention which (port) area in Florida. There is a big difference between Jacksonville and Miami. Florida is a big state; you can drive 8 hours north and you'll still be in Florida!

We've been living in South Florida (Ft Lauderdale area) for over 18 years. We basically have 2 seasons; hot and wet (June-October) and hot and dry (the rest of the year). That doesn't mean it won't rain in November, but most likely if it does it will only be for a short while. We do occasionally get a cold snap for a few days (one year for a few weeks) in January which gives all of us displaced Northerners an excuse to take out the winter clothes/boots we still haven't gotten rid of and wear them! :-)

That being said, anyone from a colder climate will be thrilled to go to the beach, sit by the pool etc., in November. Those of us who live in South Florida might think it's too cold LOL

I live in Boca Raton, one hour north of Miami. Expect low-mid 80s during the day, and lower humidity (thank goodness!). Evenings will be in the 60-70° range.

As stated above, February, especially, is the coldest, and there is really no comparing north Florida to south Florida when it comes to temps.

For example, today we should hit 87°, and Jacksonville should hit 80°.

Last February we only had to turn the heat on TWICE during February, when the night temps dropped into the 40s. Twice the whole year!

I'm smack dab between West Palm and Fort Lauderdale.

This weeks highs and lows are

86/69

86/71

86/76

84/74

84/74

83/77

To a Floridian an unheated pool might feel cool. Since you will be much further south than Missouri you should also expect about 30 minutes longer day light any given time of year. November would be largely the same.

I have never been to Florida in November. If you live in Florida, or know someone that does (yes, I know each year can be different) , can you give me an idea of the temperatures there, the first week of November. I am from Missouri, and would like to know what kind of clothes to wear, and if the water is too cool to walk through on the beach, or put my feet in, not to go swimming?

Hello KC. I lived in Shawnee for 2 years 79-81. Love the KC area. First place I lived away where I was born. Great memories.

I am a Florida native, living in St Petersburg. Nov is one of my favorite months and in early Nov should be just about perfect. It has been in the mid 80s for the most part recently, so I don't think it will be too much different. Probably in the mid to high 70s and sunny. Maybe even low 80s.

Plan on summer clothing with a light jacket (maybe) for the evenings. Most likely you should be able to walk in the water on the beach. Atlantic is colder than the gulf. I am speaking for the gulf side as that's where I live.

Happy travels. Jeff

jsamuel2@tampbay.rr.com if you have more questions or want to chat.

Go Royals!

Being from KC too I can safely say you should really enjoy the November weather in Florida. Given the usual temperatures here in November, Florida will feel like a nice summer day. We go there often. At Christmas there were still people roller skating on the Hollywood Florida boardwalk in their swim suits. The water can be a bit cool, but still pleasant enough.

November is a great time to hit the big theme parks. No lines at all, especially on week days. Plus the it's not so hot that you have to get out of the sun every now and then.

Oh my, thank you, thank you everyone for your responses to my questions.

It looks like I will be a HAPPY camper when I get to Florida.:)

The area I was planning on checking out will be around the Tampa/Clearwater and Treasure island areas. Yes, as long as I can walk along the beach, and FEEL the water hitting my feet when the waves come up, as well as feeling the sand between my toes, I'll be fine.:)

Yes checking on the 10 day forcast sounds like a good idea too, and I definately will be wearing jeans/long pants from Kansas City flying in. I like the HOT/WARM weather (Caribbean), so I try to get to that kind of area as much as I can.

Jeff and Millers, it is nice to know someone WAS from my Kansas City area at one time, and know what kind of weather I normally have. Actually this past weekend, was more than beautiful, temperature wise. Yes Jeff, I do hope the Royals win THIS game today. We need it bad.

Once again, thank you everyone for your responses.

I don't live there, but I have visited a great deal over 30 years. If you are referring to Southern Florida, the weather in April and November is the best. Its beautiful. Temperatures in the 80s. Any rain is extremely unlikely (the rainy season is June to November) and there isn't the uncomfortable high humidity of earlier months. As has been said, Naples is a great place to stay and is an easy drive to the cruise ports.

It's still pretty warm in November highs in 80s. Water temps ranger from mid 70-60s.

South Florida water temps never get below 70 degrees.

To the OP, don't miss Johns Pass. Really cool.

The weather should be perfect for you.

Hot and sunny by day. Cooler at night.

Once again, I want to thank everyone of you for your responses. Not even 3 weeks and I'll be there in Florida. YEH!

Yes, I'll keep in mind the Treasure Island and St. Petes beaches.

I'm just so anxious to go, as believe it or not, my hands are already starting to chap a tad from all the wind/weather we are having in KC. I want to bring back my "smooth" hands again. :)