Steakhouse or MDR Steakhouse menu

The steakhouse selections that are served in the MDR are the same as if you booked the steakhouse. The differences would be the sides, so it depends if you want the appetizers and desserts from the MDR or from the steakhouse. I think the wine promo only runs on the first night

In the past, the Steakhouse has had elevated service in addition to the separate menue. The selections in the MDR are just the entree....and not the service. I can et you know after my upcoming cruise on the CARNIVAL BREEZE if it is still worth the extra charge and different setting, as it sees the steakhouse had downgraded their service too...based on report I have read.

In the past, the Steakhouse has had elevated service in addition to the separate menue. The selections in the MDR are just the entree....and not the service. I can et you know after my upcoming cruise on the CARNIVAL BREEZE if it is still worth the extra charge and different setting, as it sees the steakhouse had downgraded their service too...based on report I have read.

Please do let us know. Will you be back before 9/10/16?:)

If you booked the steakhouse you would be eating alone? Would you enjoy your dinner more in the dining room with a table full of new friends? I am only asking since you mentioned you were traveling solo. The meat would be a really good addition to the dining room meal.

I am a HUGE fan of the steakhouse. The sides and desserts are wonderful and we always eat there. I had 2 cappuccino with my dessert with no additional cost. Love the steakhouse!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure... do they have shared tables in the Steakhouse? Eating alone doesn't bother me ...

Besides the sides and desserts is there anything else that makes it so highly sought after? I have heard so many people rave about it and was wondering if I should try it.

Not sure... do they have shared tables in the Steakhouse? Eating alone doesn't bother me ...

Besides the sides and desserts is there anything else that makes it so highly sought after? I have heard so many people rave about it and was wondering if I should try it.

I have never eaten at any of the specialty restaurants - I wasn't that interested in the menus but love steaks!,

I have not seen shared tables here.

It is a more elegant dining experience and usually service is on a higher level.

Would spend the $ 35 over getting the steak served in DR.

I was wondering if the Steakhouse is worth the $35 (I an traveling as a solo & don't drink wine)? Would I be better off ordering a steak off the "Steakhouse" portion of the MDR menu for $20 and consider it a win?

Personally I would go the $15 and get the entire steakhouse meal. I don't understand the $20 for a cut of meat when for $15 more you get the entire experience and a much better meal from apps to dessert.

Wine is not included as part of the meal so should not be a deciding factor. Booking the first or second night entitles you to a free bottle but decline or take it and give it to someone later. We have had Cheers on a cruise and we ask for our bottle unopened. they kept it cold until we left.

Steakhouse! With caveats.

But do reach out to others on your rollcall and try to connect with more than just a couple looking to enjoy a meal together. The food and experience is much more enjoyable with others than dining alone. I've eaten at top of the line restaurants alone while on business and, while the food and service are usually excellent, it always a bit of a letdown in experience.

So if you want to try just the meat, and are having a good time at your MDR table, and don't find other people to join you at the Steakhouse, by all means stay with the MDR selections.

I would be curious about this too. I am going on The Breeze for several weeks starting in early January 2017 (our first time in Texas). I love a good filet mignon, but limit my red meat. While I am not a wine connoisseur, I wouldn't say "no" to the free bottle offered on the first night. Thanks!

I was wondering if the Steakhouse is worth the $35 (I an traveling as a solo & don't drink wine)? Would I be better off ordering a steak off the "Steakhouse" portion of the MDR menu for $20 and consider it a win?

When I was on the Vista (May 24th sailing) I did the MDR and ordered the $20 upcharge for the steak- WELL WORTH IT- I got a 9 OZ Filet that was butter knife tender and cooked perfectly. The rest of the meal was the sides/starter and dessert from the MDR menu. Same steak as the Steakhouse and again worth it.

The steak on the MDR menu is a crappy 7 oz "flat iron" steak. I am a huge foodie and you get what you pay for.... "included" MDR steak vs upcharge... hhhmmmm! I would not do it every night, but the MDR menu was often hit/miss-

IMO, if you are going to pay the $20 for the MDR selection, you might as well spend the extra $15 for the whole kit and caboodle. The service, ambiance, appetizers, desserts, and sides are worth the extra $15.

The only caveat would be if you would be uncomfortable dining in an upscale environment by yourself.

I think the extra fifteen dollars is well worth the price. The appetizers are amazing. Many have the same name as appetizers in the MDR, but believe me they are not the same. The beef carpaccio and the escargot are phenomenal.

I always enjoy the cheeseplate in the MDR for dessert. The cheeseplate in the steakhouse is a whole different experience. I was there with three of my favorite people and all three of them kept taking "just one more bite" off my cheeseplate, while I took more than one bite from my granddaughter's chocolate dessert.

If all you want is the meat, that's a different story, but it would not be my choice.

I was swayed to try the Steakhouse from this thread. Then, I read a review with pictures. They laid a spoon on the plate so as to show size of item. If I were to go by what I saw I would not want the sides, at all. The mashed potatoes looked like a scant 2 Tablespoons of yellow play dough. The creamed spinach looked disgusting. So much grease or oil! Think, I would just rather do the add on in the MDR. Also, seems like more time than we would like to linger over a meal. When we eat in the MDR, we know what we want before we are seated. So, we order asap. Have always been out in 45 minutes or less. I admit I like to linger but my husband has always eaten like someone is going to snatch it away, if he doesn't bolt it down. He is usually finished with whatever course he has been served before I get my napkin unfolded.:( When we eat out at home, I usually just eat my salad and have my entree boxed. Then I can take my time later. I have done this in the MDR also. They just put a metal "lid" on the plate.

I did solo Steakhouse on the Freedom and would have to be persuaded to do it again.The food was good though I wouldn't say great.

I have no problems eating by myself though I found the servers being uncomfortable - either asking me every 2 minutes how things were to completely ignoring me- I found it odd and it didn't add to my enjoyment- I felt like I had to work in making them feel at ease and that wasn't in my plans, lol.

They did ask me as I was leaving if I wanted to make any additional reservations for the rest of the cruise and said they would accommodate me for any time I wanted.- very sweet and thoughtful.

Steakhouse has best onion soup ever.

It is a long drawn out meal so I would not want to go by myself.

I'm sorry I didn't try the soup. The surf and turf was very good.

I never mind eating solo and enjoy my own company- even in fancy restaurants.

I had wished the servers at the Staekhouse would have felt the same.

To each it's own !

Lyannea

IMO, if you are going to pay the $20 for the MDR selection, you might as well spend the extra $15 for the whole kit and caboodle. The service, ambiance, appetizers, desserts, and sides are worth the extra $15.

The only caveat would be if you would be uncomfortable dining in an upscale environment by yourself.

I have and had not problems dining alone at all. I was never made to feel as if I was any thing less than a welcomed dining guest while dining solo.

I'm sorry I didn't try the soup. The surf and turf was very good.

I never mind eating solo and enjoy my own company- even in fancy restaurants.

I had wished the servers at the Staekhouse would have felt the same.

To each it's own !

Lyannea

I would take a book and read during my meal but 2 1/2 hours is a long time by myself. Service has usually been excellent but we have had a meal or two that had horrendus service.

We go about every 2 or 3 cruises.

What kind of service do you expect? You order and they bring your food. You need something and they get it for you.

OP, if all you are looking for is food vs a faux dining experience, then, I doubt you would get much for the extra cost.

Edited by cruizergal70

The Steakhouse is the way to go. I have eaten in the Steakhouse solo, more than 100 times, and I would never spend $20 to have the meal in the MDR, there is more of a assortment on the menu in the Steakhouse than the MDR along with a wonderful list of starters and sides not counting desserts. The service is by far better than the MDR, I always go to the Steakhouse bar for a cocktail or two before dinner, to me it is outstanding.