Pig and anchor bbq

paradise825

Does anyone know which ships have the pig and anchor bbq

Only the Magic.

The Dream and Breeze have a seaside BBQ too but it is not called the Pig and Anchor. It was changed to that name once Carnival teamed up with Guy Fieri.

Don't know how it has changed and what is different. Just read that it was now on the Magic

Doing our first cruise on the Magic in a few months will be interesting to try it.

I had it last month on the Magic, the BBQ was awesome! The best advice I can offer is to arrive early! On my cruise they shut down the line 30 minutes early to be able to accommodate everyone in line by closing time.

Edited by skiracer0112

We've cruised on the Dream, Magic and Breeze two times each. We've seen it called Sea Days BBQ, Jimmy's (or something like that) and now Pig and Anchor. Subtle changes with each name change, but overall the same menu. I actually preferred the early Sea Days for they had great grilled hotdogs and cheeseburger sliders. Easy hand food for lunch.

Traveling on the Vista in a couple weeks and I'm looking forward to the Seafood Shack. Having grown on Maryland Blue Crab will be interesting to see their version of fresh seafood.

Carnival Magic as of right now. I thought I heard him mention Vista in the near future when we saw this online today.

the Vista will get it when she arrives in new york in november

Edited by shof515

I had it last month on the Magic, the BBQ was awesome! The best advice I can offer is to arrive early! On my cruise they shut down the line 30 minutes early to be able to accommodate everyone in line by closing time.

Surprised they shut line down, would have thought they would shut it down at closing time but thanks for info.

We've cruised on the Dream, Magic and Breeze two times each. We've seen it called Sea Days BBQ, Jimmy's (or something like that) and now Pig and Anchor. Subtle changes with each name change, but overall the same menu. I actually preferred the early Sea Days for they had great grilled hotdogs and cheeseburger sliders. Easy hand food for lunch.

Traveling on the Vista in a couple weeks and I'm looking forward to the Seafood Shack. Having grown on Maryland Blue Crab will be interesting to see their version of fresh seafood.

The Pig and Anchor is a totally different BBQ, not just a rename.

Check the Sticky at the top of the Carnival Forum " Sticky: More Carnival Cruise Ships to Add Guy Fieri's Barbecue Restaurant"

It is being added to Vista before it gets to New York, then Dream and Breeze in 2017.

All of the Dream class ships have an outdoor BBQ on Sea Days. But all the equipment is brought out in the morning on Breeze/Dream. There are a few differences menu wise with the Pig/Anchor but it is very similar otherwise. Will be a nice upgrade when they put the permanent structure out there. so nice to see with the Breeze/Magic they are utilizing the outside promenade well. Hopefully the Dream will get all that good stuff on the dry dock next Jan/Feb (Alchemy, Red Frog Pub, Guys and Cantina at a minimum)

Just the Magic right now, and then the Vista when she comes to the states.

All other ships will need to be retro-fitted with it, but I don't think they are waiting for dry dock to do this. I think John Heald mentioned they would just be done over time......

The Pig and Anchor IS NOT the same menu as that on the other ships at the current time. It is much, much better. It is Guy Fieri BBQ, and it is made with the actual wood fired smoker that was installed on the Magic during its drydock in March along with lots of other 2.0 features. The others do not have wood fired smokers.

For anyone who lives in Miami Shorty's is the BEST BBQ ever! The sauce is like a beverage it's so good. They give you a bottle of it for your ribs or sandwich and I use the whole thing. It's in one of those small bottles pizza places use for red pepper flakes.

For anyone who lives in Miami Shorty's is the BEST BBQ ever! The sauce is like a beverage it's so good.

Been a long time since I ate at Shorty's, and yes it's fantastic BBQ. :D

Is it still in the same location on US-1 just south of Coral Gables?

Been a long time since I ate at Shorty's, and yes it's fantastic BBQ. :D

Is it still in the same location on US-1 just south of Coral Gables?

Yes and there are a few more in Dania or Davie.

I've been going there since about 1954, knew Marie, the cashier, when she sold tomatoes roadside as a young girl. She's long since retired.