My 4 Recent Delta Flights

rkacruiser

I'll be critical when I believe it is due, but I also think it is important to be complimentary when it is deserved.

July 18th: Flight 3837--DAY to DTW: Raining in DAY; worried (and expected) I would have wet luggage arriving at my destination.

Flight 702--DTW to BOS: an unremarkable flight with two snacks offered and beverage service.

Arrived at Baggage Claim at Logan International and pleased to find that my bags were dry! Thank you Delta Ground Crew at DAY for keeping them dry.

August 24th: Flight 2443--BOS to DTW: Flight left early and arrived at DTW early. Delta's BOS Curbside Check-in Staff is to be commended for their assistance and efficiency.

Flight 3951--DTW to DAY: Flight left early and arrived really early. The Flight Attendant on that plane, even with such a short flight, was able to offer cups of water to those that wanted them. And, both of my bags arrived with me in good condition!

I remain a pleased Skymiles Member.

I'll be critical when I believe it is due, but I also think it is important to be complimentary when it is deserved.

July 18th: Flight 3837--DAY to DTW: Raining in DAY; worried (and expected) I would have wet luggage arriving at my destination.

Flight 702--DTW to BOS: an unremarkable flight with two snacks offered and beverage service.

Arrived at Baggage Claim at Logan International and pleased to find that my bags were dry! Thank you Delta Ground Crew at DAY for keeping them dry.

August 24th: Flight 2443--BOS to DTW: Flight left early and arrived at DTW early. Delta's BOS Curbside Check-in Staff is to be commended for their assistance and efficiency.

Flight 3951--DTW to DAY: Flight left early and arrived really early. The Flight Attendant on that plane, even with such a short flight, was able to offer cups of water to those that wanted them. And, both of my bags arrived with me in good condition!

I remain a pleased Skymiles Member.

Nice to read about your problem free Delta flights. Often posters come here to complain so your post is refreshing. Thanks for taking the time to share. You may be able to share your experiences with Delta via their web site.

This is awesome to hear! We have been flying exclusively for Delta for a number of years now, just because we have better experiences with them than any other airline we have flown. We fly out 2 weeks from tomorrow to MIA, so hopefully we have just as great of service!!

I am a bit confused by this post. You are praising them for doing what they are supposed to do??

I am also confused. OP - you'd do better by sending DL an email regarding their customer service then posting this here.

Edited by 6rugrats

yes, do sent Delta a compliment from their web page! I have flown Delta a lot this year, and when things go well I think they should know. I am sure customer service gets their share of complaints, and I like to think someone is smiling when they read my compliment!

I am a bit confused by this post. You are praising them for doing what they are supposed to do??

While nothing in the poster's comments seems THAT amazing, I can certainly understand their sense of satisfaction. We have become so accustomed to things NOT going as they should with air travel, that when they do it is seen as a real plus.

As a follow-up to my original post in response to some previous posts on this thread:

When were the last flights that you have been on that left early and arrived early?

I have flown the DAY-DTW route many times on Delta. My recent DTW-DAY flight was the only time that the Flight Attendant offered any in-flight service.

I have had the unfortuante experience, as well as many others, that one flight or more of an itinerary experiences rain at the start of a trip or sometime during a connection. I have arrived at my destination with wet luggage. Please understand my "joy" at finding my dry luggage at BOS baggage claim. The Delta Ground Crew at DAY are to be commended for their efforts to keep the luggage for those of us on Flight 3837 on July 18th dry.

I do intend to let Delta know of my experience.

Edited by rkacruiser

Two of your flights were operated by Endeavor Air, a regional owned by Delta. The others were mainline. Your positive feedback directly to Delta will be appreciated, I'm sure. As has already been said, it's nice to read a complimentary post instead of the usual complaints that are prevalent on this forum. Don't worry about the posters who are confused by your comments, saying something nice doesn't have to be explained or justified. Also, you never know when a Delta employee is reading these posts.:)

Edited by purduemom1