The upsell we couldn't refuse... Neptuning it to Hawaii

shrimp56

We're taking the Veendam Dec. 2 Circle Hawaii and were very happy with our Verandah when. . . the upsell offers started. The first one was for a "you've got to be kidding amount." The second a few days later was an "OMG GRAB IT!" I'm stunned. Our closest brush with the "sweet life" was a SS on Noordam. DH started reading the amenity list before breakfast and seems to have gone into a stupor. Do people ever leave a Neptune Suite?

And I do have one question. On the Veendam is the Neptune breakfast normally in Pinnacle or the MDR?

When we were upsold to a Neptune on the Veendam, the breakfast was in the Pinnacle and believe me, that was the perk that I enjoyed the most.

Very hard to go back down to any other cabin after a Neptune. HAL knows what they are doing!

Edited by HamOp

How fantastic - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Just think of the days at sea where you sitting on your deck - should it be in the lounge chair or just the chair next to the table, should we have breakfast on our veranda, in the Pinnacle, the MDR or the Lido -such tough decisions! you will have to make!

When we were upsold to a Neptune on the Veendam, the breakfast was in the Pinnacle and believe me, that was the perk that I enjoyed the most.

Very hard to go back down to any other cabin after a Neptune. HAL knows what they are doing!

I agree 100 percent, Pinnacle is so nice for breakfast ( or any other meal ) we did RCCL on last cruise and they also had a special breakfast for suite people in Chops and it was not half as nice as Pinnacle

Thank you all for your kind comments.

We went back to a Main Deck outside after the SS and did fine. Our next two cruises after Hawaii are outsides, one with portholes (Ryndam, Aug. 1, 2015 is selling fast). We enjoy wherever we are. And while we enjoy comfort, neither of us enjoys being fussed over. So we're viewing this as a unique "one off" for us. HAL beds are heavenly no matter what your cabin category.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

We went back to a Main Deck outside after the SS and did fine. Our next two cruises after Hawaii are outsides, one with portholes (Ryndam, Aug. 1, 2015 is selling fast). We enjoy wherever we are. And while we enjoy comfort, neither of us enjoys being fussed over. So we're viewing this as a unique "one off" for us. HAL beds are heavenly no matter what your cabin category.

That's for sure. We love the beds also!

Well done.

There were some real bargains on that cruise, interior cabins on the 18 day sailing were down to $900!

Yep. We've acquired a number of late bookers from California. At the prices interiors and outsides were going for it was a steal. And a number of people on the roll call had upsell offers, most of which were taken.

We just got off the Prinsendam in our first Neptune Suite. I don't know how we'll ever go back to SS/SY's which we usually book. I literally had to pry my husband out of the suite, he loved it so much!

Breakfast each morning in the Pinnacle Grill was fabulous. Today as I was getting dressed, I asked my husband to bring me my coffee, like my PG guys did for cappuccino each time we dined. It was the best! :D:D

Nice upsell! congratulations and enjoy. Breakfast in the Pinnacle on the smaller ships is really nice.

It's nice if you are a couple or family but for a solo cruiser it sucks. You eat alone and the food comes from the same kitchen. I much prefer the MDR for breakfast so I can sit with other people. I was not offered this in the Pinnacle on the Statendam.

It's nice if you are a couple or family but for a solo cruiser it sucks. You eat alone and the food comes from the same kitchen. I much prefer the MDR for breakfast so I can sit with other people. I was not offered this in the Pinnacle on the Statendam.

We would have welcomed you to our table on the Prinsendam and other ships we have been on.

We have had cruisers join us but noticed they did have to ask if we minded.

We were happy to accept :)

Edited by kazu

I am definitely not a morning person - so I would actually prefer to eat alone at breakfast.:o

I am definitely not a morning person - so I would actually prefer to eat alone at breakfast.:o

I'd prefer Pinnacle Breakfast on my own than dinner. It wouldn't stop me from dining in Pinnacle to dine alone but breakfast would be just fine for me. )

Couldn't you have just gone to the dining room for breakfast, instead of the Pinnacle?

Question from a virgin Neptuner: do all ship's do the Pinnacle breakfast? In two weeks we're on the Westerdam.

Every ship has a separate breakfast area for those in the Neptune and Pinnacle suites. If the Pinnacle restaurant on the ship has windows, then breakfast is served there.

On the few ships with windowless Pinnacle restaurants (the four R-class ships), a separate area of the dining room (usually on the upper level) is set aside for those suite passengers.