Warming bottles of milk

proudmummy2014

If in your cabin just take a bigger cup/mug with you that you could get the tap water as hot as possible and have bottle of milk warm in that....

if its formula that you have to mix with water anyways...just have your bottles of water always sit out at room temp that way it wont take as long to warm...

when we transitioned our two kiddos from warm milk to cold milk (was close to the time they went to cows milk)...I would do have cold milk mixed in their bottle with the warm milk...so it wasn't super cold like right out of the fridge.....I don't think they noticed the gradual change as much...

Order a pot of hot water for tea from room service. They bring you a steaming pot of hot water. Just stick the bottles in there. It would be hotter than the tap. Depending on what cruise line you may be able to arrange this with your steward if you know you need every night at turndown etc.

DS was mostly breast fed when we cruised with him, but he did get bottles of breast milk about once a day when his grandparents were watching him. They ran water through the coffee maker to warm it up and then put his bottle into the hot water for a couple of minutes.

The hot water in the bathroom will do just fine to "take the chill off"...it's HOT water....stick the bottles in the sink full of hot water! (Breast milk is fine straight from the breast...that's why it's such an easy way to feed!!)

Edited by cb at sea

We cruised with our 7 month old who liked his bottles warm. We would get warm water in the morning from the buffet and put it in a Stanley travel mug. It was warm the whole day.. It stayed so warm some days we had to mix the bottle and let it cool off before serving.

Yes, order tea service, they will bring a small tea pot with steaming hot water. When crusing with my 2 year old I ordered a cup of warm milk for her on the first night and cookies for my 12 year old to snack on. They were kind enough to bring the cookies and milk everynight after that with out me having to ask. I'm sure they will do the same with hot water request.

Just returned from an RCI Radiance Alaska cruise...and every night (about 8:30-9:00pm) there were several parents at the Windjammer Buffet drink station having cartons of milk warmed (steamed) and then pouring it into their bottles or put into glasses and taken back to their cabins for their little ones (our GS was 18 months old)...this worked out great as roomservice could sometimes take too long.

This is the not the first time we've cruised with infant/toddler grandchildren and it's getting easier...RCI is amazing when it comes to their Nursery/children's programs/ammenities.

• 4 weeks later...