Mr. Sanchos

scottwe4

For those of you who have been to Mr Sanchos in Mexico, what's the difference between the free side and the all inclusive? Is the free side beach more rocky or crowded? Just trying to decide which way to go for our party of 14

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Yes! There are pools on both sides.

Can you use any of them or just the ones on your designated side?

I had heard there were two for AI and one for PAYG but Mitsugirly reported using both so I wondere if they were monitored like the seating.

I don't see why you couldn't use both pools. We were on the AI side and had friends on the pay as you go side. We walked back and forth all day. I think their main concern is the food and drink, not the amenities.

Edited by teachatthebeach

We were AI and used both pools for our little one. Of course they might have a problem if you are PAYG and tried to use the AI pool side. But the beach is the same and we actually liked the way it looked over at the PAYG side (other than the pool was smaller, but this worked out better for our little one to be able to swim safely at that time). The water toys are over on the PAYG side as well. :)

For those of you who have been to Mr Sanchos in Mexico, what's the difference between the free side and the all inclusive? Is the free side beach more rocky or crowded? Just trying to decide which way to go for our party of 14

I keep hearing about "Mr. Sanchos", but I don't know what it is????

We're going to Cozumel in February. Someone tell me what it is :)

We'll be in Cozumel in Feb. 2017 and Mr. Sanchos seems to be the place to go?? Seriously considering the Romantic Package since it's just the 2 of us. The massage sounds nice and I'm more shade and she's more sun so the cabana looks tempting. What's the best transportation and how hard is it to change dates if our itinerary changes (since Sanchos is not available through Carnival)? Thanks!

We'll be in Cozumel in Feb. 2017 and Mr. Sanchos seems to be the place to go?? Seriously considering the Romantic Package since it's just the 2 of us. The massage sounds nice and I'm more shade and she's more sun so the cabana looks tempting. What's the best transportation and how hard is it to change dates if our itinerary changes (since Sanchos is not available through Carnival)? Thanks!

I haven't been yet, but as others have stated I would suggest only putting down a deposit (which is like $5 per person) just in case there are any changes or issues, or bad weather. We are scheduled for jet skis and I put the deposit down for 8 and it was only $40. Good deal!

Taxi is your best transportation option - about $17 each way for up to 4 passengers in the cab (so team up with others from your roll call or in the cab line!).

You might also consider Nachi Cocom - $55 for AI, not crowded (limited to 100 guests per day), lots of shade or sun. No water toys, massages available, small pool plus hot tub and great food, drinks, service.

We just returned from our cruise, and the day we were in Coz, so were three other ships!! Thank goodness we'd booked in advance & made reservations, because it looked like they were turning people without away. The website is secure and easy to reserve your spot.

We went to Mr. Sanchos in March of 2015 and had a great time, there were 10 of us. We did the $49 for unlimited drinks and food which was more than well worth the cost. I booked on cruiseexcursioneer and it was $5 cheaper than booking directly thru Ms. Sanchos and you only pay a $5 deposit per person when you book. I have already reserved for next March for our next cruise and cannot wait, they do turn away if they get full. I would go as soon as you get off of the ship to get your pick of where you want to be for the day. The waiters go above and beyond, remember to tip them well for their service...

Do you think the all inclusive is worth it if you don't drink and is there enough to do for kids? I am going to Coz in Oct with 3 kids 22, 17 & 15. I've been to Coz a few times but this will be their first cruise. Their main requirements for Coz are:

They want to a pretty sanded/not rocky beach

Has to have something to do other than sit in a beach chair, they don't snorkel or anything but trying out a paddle board or boats might be fun

Food needs to be included in the day

Reasonably priced (my requirement LOL)

Close enough to port we aren't wasting all day traveling or worried about getting back in time

Looks like this checks pretty much all the boxes. I don't mind paying extra for the paddle board if they want to do it but is there anything included in the price for teens to do other than use the pool or beach, do they have activities?

Also if I book through the site do they provide transportation or do I need to grab a cab at port?

Do you think the all inclusive is worth it if you don't drink and is there enough to do for kids? I am going to Coz in Oct with 3 kids 22, 17 & 15. I've been to Coz a few times but this will be their first cruise. Their main requirements for Coz are:

They want to a pretty sanded/not rocky beach

Has to have something to do other than sit in a beach chair, they don't snorkel or anything but trying out a paddle board or boats might be fun

Food needs to be included in the day

Reasonably priced (my requirement LOL)

Close enough to port we aren't wasting all day traveling or worried about getting back in time

Looks like this checks pretty much all the boxes. I don't mind paying extra for the paddle board if they want to do it but is there anything included in the price for teens to do other than use the pool or beach, do they have activities?

Also if I book through the site do they provide transportation or do I need to grab a cab at port?

*Mr Sanchos is sandy.

*Just sit in beach chairs, swim in the pool, or you could pay extra for the water toys that you climb and slide down on. (I believe it's $12 for a wrist band for all day and they are located on the non-AI side).

*If you want food (and drinks) included, you'll need the AI side.

*They have other activities (for a cost): list of activities such as: Wave Runners, Parasailing, Horseback Riding, ATV tours, Massages, Snorkel, Kayak, Scuba Dive, Shopping

*It is close to port and you can simply grab a cab and be there in 15 minutes or so.

You might want to check out their site: http://www.mrsanchos.com/about.html

Pay the extra fee (about $15 each) for the wristband allowing them to use the water toys - let them wear themselves out on those while you relax and order another margarita! :cool:

As mentioned above by Mitsugirly, I would head for the AI side (about $50 each) - my 20 something daughters love the place and that way you do not need to worry every time they want another drink or something to eat.

Do they allow just part of the family to do the AI? I have 4 kids and 5 adults in my group. I'm sure that the AI isn't worth it for my kids, unless they ate a *TON*. I'd buy them the wristbands. However, the adults might like the AI. Or if one does the AI, does everyone need to?

They keep the AI and non-AI customers separated so that no "free" drink sharing occurs. Kids pay a reduced rate (check the web site) and get different wristbands - no booze for them! Or take everyone to the non-AI side, or better yet head to Paradise Beach (strictly pay-as-you-go) with (IMHO) better facilities and a HUGE pool.

Do they allow just part of the family to do the AI? I have 4 kids and 5 adults in my group. I'm sure that the AI isn't worth it for my kids, unless they ate a *TON*. I'd buy them the wristbands. However, the adults might like the AI. Or if one does the AI, does everyone need to?

They keep the AI and non-AI customers separated so that no "free" drink sharing occurs. Kids pay a reduced rate (check the web site) and get different wristbands - no booze for them! Or take everyone to the non-AI side, or better yet head to Paradise Beach (strictly pay-as-you-go) with (IMHO) better facilities and a HUGE pool.

On an earlier thread you were asking about an island tour. Taking a 3 hour tour and getting dropped off at Paradise Beach or Sanchos (PAYG), on the way back to the ship is a good option and would cover a lot of your requirements. You could either taxi back when you were ready (lots of taxis available) or ask, and pay, for your private driver to wait a couple of hours.

As John says great facilities at Paradise Beach - huge pool and clean restrooms. Wrist bands are also available at Paradise for watersports.

Edited by c-leg5