First Azamara Cruise In 3 Days!

TxnAquarian

We are packing up and getting ready to head to Rio to board Azamara Journey. This will be the first Azamara cruise for me and my husband. We are pretty devoted Celebrity cruisers, so it will be a nice change of scenery for us. We really hesitated to book this cruise, as the ships aren't as updated as we like, and we felt that we were on the younger end of the age spectrum (late 30s). But receiving so much positive feedback on these boards over the past year has really whet our appetite for this trip and we are excited to see what all of AZ's devotees are so loyal for. My mom is also coming with us, and she only cruises Crystal, so we thought this would be a nice option for her instead of throwing her onto a massive Celebrity ship. We have watched every YouTube video about the Journey and read every review possible, so we're ready to get going. And we are excited about our Azamazing Evening in Rio - even if it's not one of the better ones, it'll still be a fun experience.

I'll report back soon!

Michael

We are packing up and getting ready to head to Rio to board Azamara Journey. This will be the first Azamara cruise for me and my husband. We are pretty devoted Celebrity cruisers, so it will be a nice change of scenery for us. We really hesitated to book this cruise, as the ships aren't as updated as we like, and we felt that we were on the younger end of the age spectrum (late 30s). But receiving so much positive feedback on these boards over the past year has really whet our appetite for this trip and we are excited to see what all of AZ's devotees are so loyal for. My mom is also coming with us, and she only cruises Crystal, so we thought this would be a nice option for her instead of throwing her onto a massive Celebrity ship. We have watched every YouTube video about the Journey and read every review possible, so we're ready to get going. And we are excited about our Azamazing Evening in Rio - even if it's not one of the better ones, it'll still be a fun experience.

I'll report back soon!

Michael

Have a fantastic cruise - look forward to your reports :)

Michael, I like that you're going in with an open mind and that you're full of enthusiasm. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much you'll like Journey. It's apples and oranges to what you're used to on the S class ships, but in its own right, Azamara delivers a fine product. Have fun and enjoy!!!

I love the itinerary you'll be on. The coast of Brazil is beautiful, with small laid-back beach towns, and then the posh Punta del Este and the big city of Buenos Aires.

Back in July I wrote a blog post about this itinerary: The Sounds and Sites of Rio de Janeiro.

Enjoy your cruise. I too will look forward to hearing from you when you return.

We are packing up and getting ready to head to Rio to board Azamara Journey. Michael

As you are getting off in B.A., we will be getting on and headed to Rio. Have a nice cruise. :)

Edited by Texed

Thanks for all the well-wishes! We have a deposit down on a 2016 cruise on Journey, so if AZ lives up to expectations, we'll be onboard again in less than 2 years! Packing is finished and heading to bed!

Texed - we will keep the ship in great shape for you! See you in passing on the 22nd =)

Michael

We have just disembarked the Journey this morning and are in our hotel room in Rio. We fly home tomorrow night.

We had a fabulous time onboard, everything was up to expectation. The ship is in excellent condition and I love the new sun loungers.

We tried both Aqualina menus. I preferred one to the other but that is personal taste. Prime C was superb.

Usually there are far more Americans on board but on this trip there were over 400 Brits, a very friendly atmosphere prevailed.

It's going to be hard going from 31C to 2C!!! Hope my daughter has posted all my Christmas cards.

Have a wonderful time.

PS although our 3rd time on Journey, it was the first time we have sailed with Eric. Wow, what a showman

Edited by Grandma Gilly

Have to agree with Grandma Gilly an absolutely fabulous cruise and just love Eric and his l

Grandpa!!

Just a shame that the the local agents in Rio have made such a mess of our post cruise arrangements.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Riocca, various company executives are looking into what it is you refer to. Obviously we want your Azamara experience to be perfect from beginning to end...seamless as they say...regardless of whether it is us delivering the experience or a third party. I as of yet don't know what the issue is, but I do apologize in advance. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Thank you Bonnie I know it's being looked into and the response from Azamara once we demanded that the local agent actually contacted the ship was terrific. We are well aware that things in Brazil don't always go as planned and certainly there were some suspicious aspects to the day's events, that certainly were not attributable in any way to Azamara.

On the positive side we have to say that the cruise, crew and ship were absolutely fabulous We are so pleased we have 4 future cruises booked!

Have to agree with Grandma Gilly an absolutely fabulous cruise and just love Eric and his l

Grandpa!!

Just a shame that the the local agents in Rio have made such a mess of our post cruise arrangements.

Just wondering what happened? Unfortunately we arrived onboard too late for CC meeting.

We travelled independently although I know most onboard were packaged with 2 night Rio stay