Hotels close to the pier in Miami

naomi's meme

Cruising around Easter when all the schools are on break? :confused: Book something ASAP and then keep shopping!

Popular downtown hotels, in addition to those already mentioned, include the Doubletree (next door to the Marriott mentioned by Mrs Fuzz), the Hyatt, and a couple of hotels in the Mary Brickell area (Hampton Inn, etc.)

I would not choose a hotel near the MIA airport unless I was flying in late and just wanted dinner and a room.

All of the downtown hotels will be about a $25-27+ cab ride from MIA; another $10-12+ cab will get you to POM; Uber on the same trips will save you about 40%

My daughter and I will be leaving in April on the Splendor out of Miami.

Any reccomendations for Hotels close to the pier. My first cruise was put of Miami on the Emerald Seas' date=' a long time ago. Any help appreciated.[/quote']

Are you flying into MIA or FLL?

There are several at different price points.

For a reasonably priced one consider Hampton Inn. Nice hotel including a breakfast and near lots of restaurants and shopping.

I am not big on the Holiday Inn (please forgive me those who like it) and with the construction nearby I would just avoid it IMHO.

Others to look at include:

Intercontinental

Marriott Maquis

JW Marriott

Hyatt

Keith

There are several at different price points.

For a reasonably priced one consider Hampton Inn. Nice hotel including a breakfast and near lots of restaurants and shopping.

I am not big on the Holiday Inn (please forgive me those who like it) and with the construction nearby I would just avoid it IMHO.

Others to look at include:

Intercontinental

Marriott Maquis

JW Marriott

Hyatt

Keith

I will tell you that the construction is constant on the lot next to and behind the Holiday Inn and can go for 24 hours and is noisy. Miami will grant permits for lots of exceptions and this can include nights and weekends.

My son's studio was smack dab to the new 1010 Brickell going up and I can't even begin to tell you how horrible it was at 2 am with the bright lights shining and the loud noise going. So much so that he moved! The entire building complained to the county and you guessed it, they had special permits for working at 2 am for months on end!

Here's an interesting article on the weekend pour we just had at the Brickell Flatiron going in. It was a sight to behold during the concrete pour late at night. FYI, the metro mover station you see is the 10th street station.

http://www.thenextmiami.com/photos-25-hour-foundation-pour-brickell-flatiron/

Edited by cjskids

Looking for Hilton property (points !) close to POM for 24-25 Nov. Hilton Biscayne Blvd, Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, or Hampton Inn (17th St), Miami South Beach. Anyone stayed at any of these properties? Not planning on renting a car. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by awhfy

I will tell you that the construction is constant on the lot next to and behind the Holiday Inn and can go for 24 hours and is noisy. Miami will grant permits for lots of exceptions and this can include nights and weekends.

My son's studio was smack dab to the new 1010 Brickell going up and I can't even begin to tell you how horrible it was at 2 am with the bright lights shining and the loud noise going. So much so that he moved! The entire building complained to the county and you guessed it, they had special permits for working at 2 am for months on end!

Here's an interesting article on the weekend pour we just had at the Brickell Flatiron going in. It was a sight to behold during the concrete pour late at night. FYI, the metro mover station you see is the 10th street station.

http://www.thenextmiami.com/photos-25-hour-foundation-pour-brickell-flatiron/

Thanks so much for adding the perspective on this.

When we were in Miami a few weeks ago we walked by the Holiday Inn and I guess they took down the building next to it and you could see all of the graffiti on the left side of the building if you were standing across the street. Seemed very strange to the two of us.

Keith

Looking for Hilton property (points !) close to POM for 24-25 Nov. Hilton Biscayne Blvd, Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, or Hampton Inn (17th St), Miami South Beach. Anyone stayed at any of these properties? Not planning on renting a car. Thanks all!

We have stayed at both the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables pre-cruise and would stay at either one again. If you are driving in, both locations offer a cruise package which includes parking for up to 14 days and a shuttle to the port for 2 people!

I was just looking at our hilton points. I think we are going to the Hampton Inn Miami South Beach for our next stay in May. We stayed in south beach the last two times and loved it. Not at this property but I remember seeing it and it looked fine from outside. Getting to the port from south beach is an easy and fairly cheap uber ride. We didnt need a car at all. Also Uber to and from airports is easy also.

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon is close to the MIA airport - not close to POM; about a $30 cab ride or about 1/2 of that fare if you use Uber. Doubletree on Biscayne is close and offers some room with a view

Edited by JohninDC

Just wondering what any of your thoughts are on the Kimpton Epic Hotel and it's location to things. As of right now I'm booked for two nights arriving May 11th. I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale and don't plan on getting a rental car.

I must confess my ignorance. I've never heard of it.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Just wondering what any of your thoughts are on the Kimpton Epic Hotel and it's location to things. As of right now I'm booked for two nights arriving May 11th. I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale and don't plan on getting a rental car.

Excellent hotel!!! It's right across the street from the Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami, right on the River.

You will be able to go to many restaurants and within walking distance. Zuma is sushi and right in the hotel. You can walk to Mary Brickell Village. It's close to Bayfront and metro mover stops.

I must confess my ignorance. I've never heard of it.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Bill this is where we stayed in Miami on our recent visit.

Location is about a mile from the port.

It's about a 15 minute from Mary Brickell which I highly recommend visiting. There is Mary Brickell Village with stores and restaurants but also a new place called Mary Brickell Centre which recently opened up with lots of stores and some restaurants with many more coming.

You could take a taxi to South Beach. Taxi Fare around $30.00 and about a 20 minute drive if you would like to visit there. Nice place to walk.

Also right near the Whole Foods where we would go to from time to time to pick up a salad for lunch.

We did enjoy our Epic stay.

It was not an issue for us but want to warn you of one item.

I would pay more for a room on a higher floor of the hotel and/or one that faces the bay. I have been told that rooms on lower floors and facing the city will hear noise particularly noise from vehicles going across a draw bridge.

Keith

Bill this is where we stayed in Miami on our recent visit.

It was not an issue for us but want to warn you of one item.

I would pay more for a room on a higher floor of the hotel and/or one that faces the bay. I have been told that rooms on lower floors and facing the city will hear noise particularly noise from vehicles going across a draw bridge.

Keith

You have no idea how much noise that bridge makes!