Does Bistro on 5 still exist?

dana77kc

Sadly no :(

We certainly missed it on our Summit cruise this past July!

Took notice every time I passed that Sushi place....it was always empty.

We've been tied up with medical "stuff" for the past 18 months or so. We always cruise on celebrity and are

elite. I shall miss Bistro on 5. It was our sane place to go on embarkation until our cabin was ready. If I can twist my husband's arm enough, I guess we'll go to the Aqua Spa Cafe. No one could pay me enough to go to The Oceanview until rooms are ready. Its always so chaotic.

SaveSave

We are suite cruisers so this year I took advantage of Luminae's embarkation lunch. Not all that impressed. Don't get me wrong, it was nice to have this option instead of the craziness of the buffet, but the menu wasn't my cup of tea.

I would have loved to be sitting in Bistro on 5 enjoying a delicious bowl of soup and that amazing cowboy panini that I had on my 3 previous cruises!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been tied up with medical "stuff" for the past 18 months or so. We always cruise on celebrity and are

elite. I shall miss Bistro on 5. It was our sane place to go on embarkation until our cabin was ready. If I can twist my husband's arm enough, I guess we'll go to the Aqua Spa Cafe. No one could pay me enough to go to The Oceanview until rooms are ready. Its always so chaotic.

SaveSave

It's still a sane place on embarkation day. The service is far superior to when the space was Bistro on 5. At least that has been our experience. Different issue if you don't like sushi but it's better than getting trampled in Oceanview.

SaveSave

The Spa Cafe is usually where I go on embarkation day. Of course you have to be OK with the simple, healthy choices that are offered, not everyone enjoys that type of food. Remember that your can order grilled salmon or chicken breast. (sometimes you need to be a bit assertive and request the cook to order items to WHOMEVER is standing behind the counter;takes about 10 minutes and they SHOULD bring it out to where you're sitting)That along with a salad and some of their spa inspired cold dishes is enough for me!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The Spa Cafe is usually where I go on embarkation day. Of course you have to be OK with the simple, healthy choices that are offered, not everyone enjoys that type of food. Remember that your can order grilled salmon or chicken breast. (sometimes you need to be a bit assertive and request the cook to order items to WHOMEVER is standing behind the counter;takes about 10 minutes and they SHOULD bring it out to where you're sitting)That along with a salad and some of their spa inspired cold dishes is enough for me!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I really like the spa cafe and I'd be fine with the sushi. The husband on the other hand is English and a real fish and chips kind of guy, no Chinese, no Thai, no Indian etc. He will do French and Italian. We had a discussion this morning about breakfast on the ship. He does a full English with kippers or herring (gag me on both of those) thrown in for good measure and a pastry and hot chocolate. I do fresh orange juice, a charcuterie plate and maybe some berries and fruit. If I'm really feeling wild I might order cream of wheat. We're old and there's no changing how either of us eats. The beauty of the ship is that they are so many choices for each of us...courses for horses...

I hope Celebrity is paying attention to the lack of people using Sushi on Five! Hopefully it will change to something more cruisers would be happy to use!

Sushi on 5 was really busy on the Silhouette. I don't know why but it was hopping.

I don't understand why Bistro/Sushi on 5 had to switch to one or the other. They already had the tools to make the crepes, paninis, etc., and since Sushi just has to be kept cold, why couldn't they serve both on their menu, broaden their appeal?

I don't understand why Bistro/Sushi on 5 had to switch to one or the other. They already had the tools to make the crepes, paninis, etc., and since Sushi just has to be kept cold, why couldn't they serve both on their menu, broaden their appeal?

Proper sushi should NEVER be cold; it should be served at approximately body temperature (not room temperature) and at no point cooled below 90 degrees. Many of the toppings for sushi are kept chilled. ;)

I think part of it is trying to woo a younger demographic. My kids and their kids all love sushi. Sushi is a pretty "in" thing now. In not a very adventurous sushi eater, but I could find enough to eat there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's about marketing. Have you ever seen a good restaurant on land that serves both sushi and crepes? I think it'd be rare... "oh, I'm going to go check out the Japanese French fusion place". Not saying it doesn't happen, because I've known of at least one, but the general feeling is that you want to pick one kind of food and specialize in it, otherwise customers might assume it's just mediocre at everything.

I get why the same sentiment might not apply on board a ship, but I can see why they would want to convert the restaurants to Sushi on 5 and dump the Bistro. Like was said above, sushi is very trendy.

However, we tried it and weren't that impressed. Unfortunately we found it to be mediocre.

Son5 was an excellent venue on our last Reflection cruise. Itwas busy most of the time and I was very pleased with the service and varietyof choices.

I thought Bon5 crepes were greasy and very sub-par. I get it if you are not a sushi fan; but as far as Celebrity “listening”;I hope they are and see that many customers are pleased.

Bistro on 5 for $5, $ 7 or $ 10 was only busy on embarkation day on almost every cruise we took when it existed. Sushi on Go (or whatever it's called) has been just about as busy as the Bistro. So, my guess is that we can't be far from Millennial Jive on Five. The Millennial part to satisfy the new target market and the Jive part for us old folks to remember. The foods will include...Ship prepared Charcuterie, artisan Sourdough breads, Organic vegetables and "exotic Salts and Cheeses". Cover charge is being considered at $ 20 per.

Edited by neverbeenhere

We dined at Sushi on 5 twice during our Summit cruise a few weeks ago. The first time was because there was a long wait at the main dining room so they offered 40% off at Sushi on 5. We went up and there was only one other table there. Service and food were excellent and prices reasonable. On the last night of our cruise, we were offered 30% off since we had dined there previously. We took advantage of the offer. However they were a bit busier and food took a very long time to come out. Still good quality and friendly service. I never saw Sushi in the buffet.

I think it's about marketing. Have you ever seen a good restaurant on land that serves both sushi and crepes? I think it'd be rare... "oh, I'm going to go check out the Japanese French fusion place". Not saying it doesn't happen, because I've known of at least one, but the general feeling is that you want to pick one kind of food and specialize in it, otherwise customers might assume it's just mediocre at everything.

I get why the same sentiment might not apply on board a ship, but I can see why they would want to convert the restaurants to Sushi on 5 and dump the Bistro. Like was said above, sushi is very trendy.

However, we tried it and weren't that impressed. Unfortunately we found it to be mediocre.

There you go, it's mediocre anyway so they could spread the choices and still be mediocre ;p.

X are obviously so confident about it remaining as a sushi bar that they haven't changed any of the directional signs to the restaurant onboard :confused:. We noticed a couple of weeks ago on Reflection that apart from the actual signage outside the venue, all the others around the ship still said Bistro on 5! I wonder if that's the case on ships that have recently been dry docked, such as Connie?