POLL: Perfume vs other smells

IRL_Joanie

Which bothers you more, Perfume, Cologne or Cigarette smoke?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which bothers you more, Perfume, Cologne or Cigarette smoke?

• I am bothered by Scents such as Perfumes and Colognes are worse than cigarette smoke.
    • I do not feel Cigarette smoke is worse than Perfumes and Colognes.
    • I am bothered by any smells while cruising.
    • I do not care as neither bothers me.

This is a simple Poll to see how many of us who cruise are either disturbed by scents such as Perfume, cologne, air fragrances, or even allergic to the scents.

It is to also see which you find more disturbing to your cruising experience cigarette smoke or scents.

Joanie

Can't vote, Joanie.

I don't care for either heavy smell but it's relative.

How strong is the perfume? How heavy the smoke? Light spray of scent is nice and I like it. A heavy handed overuse of strong scent, I find unpleasant.

I can't categorize into the choices you've given us. Sorry.

I'm not 'allergic' to either smoke or perfume.

A light whiff of perfume/cologne doesn't bother me. If someone has taken a bath in an overwhelming scent--that does make me sneeze:)

Cigarette smoke I find just stinky regardless of the saturation and it makes me a little queasy. I don't know why that is--I grew up in a household where my Mother smoked:confused:

It still doesn't work for me, Joanie.

If the scent of cologne or perfume is light, it is pleasant to my nose.

If it is overused and very strong scent, I don't care for it.

Your wording is too general for me to respond.

It still doesn't work for me, Joanie.

If the scent of cologne or perfume is light, it is pleasant to my nose.

If it is overused and very strong scent, I don't care for it.

Your wording is too general for me to respond.

Judy, if it does not bother you then please answer with Question #4.

There is never going to be a poll that makes everyone happy. Just answer to the best that fits you.

If you do not have an answer to the poll, do not take it...Simple:)

Joanie

I'd like to vote that any smell that lingers beyond the individual sporting the smell is offensive!

If I can smell your cigarette smoke, cologne, etc 10 seconds after you walk past me, it's too much!

In today's society of allergies to all sorts of things, what can we do when someone bathes in their cologne....especially if it makes me ill?

Cigarette smoke is far worse than anything else. The smells are not only offensive, but second hand smoke is a health hazard. I wish that cigarettes were banned on ships. Cannot even enjoy my balcony if there is a smoker next door.

Can't everybody just give it a rest, please. Gratefully HAL still allows smoking on the balcony which is why they get my dollars to sail in the PS or S suite. Princess no longer gets my dollars nor does Celebrity. There are many options out there for those that have objections to smoking on the balcony. Maybe the next thread should be whether or not HAL should ban cologne and perfume on their ships. Maybe charge a $250 fine for wearing too much?

I can't vote either. I'd say that I find cigarette smoke bothers me more than perfume. Where is that?

Actually, I like the smell of perfume, as long as it's not ovedone.

Ditto. I don't see any choice saying that cigarette smokes bothers me more than perfume.

On the other hand there are 2 choices saying that perfume is worse than cigarette smoke, 1 choice saying both bother me, and 1 choice saying neither bothers me.

Judy, if it does not bother you then please answer with Question #4.

There is never going to be a poll that makes everyone happy. Just answer to the best that fits you.

If you do not have an answer to the poll, do not take it...Simple:)

Joanie

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer,but I assume you meant a

very heavy scent,not a light fragrance.Very hard on a board to

make sure everyone reading gets the meaning.

IMHO with so many people on a cruise many will have issues with smells.

Of course we should be considerate of others,but lets face it if a line

banned everything that bothered people it would be crazy.

I happen to be a smoker.I probably smoke maybe about 6 a day

on my balcony.That works out to about an hour a day througout

the day.To hear some people talk I'm ruining their cruise.

I also love to wear perfume.I really am a bad girl.I don't wear a heavy

fragrance,but I'm sure someone will find it so.

I do not care but really, is this just not an attempt to downplay cigarette/cigar smoke?

To what real purpsose.....to make smokers feel better? Or perhaps evn to justify it?

The purpose is to show that Perfume, Colognes and such scents bother a good number of cruisers, some more than cigarette smoke.

I am bothered by both smells, BUT...I AM ALLERGIC to the scents. Scents are in almost everything and if you know anyone with severe asthma or other respiratory problems you might, just might stop to think that cigarette smoke as bad as it is, takes years to cause problems, whereas perfumes, etc., can kill someone in minutes:( Have you ever seen anyone in full respiratory distress?? I have and it is not a pretty site.......

When ever we have the Smoking Polls, no one includes the scents. When those of us who are allergic to scents speak up on a smoking thread, we are told, something to the effect of, "That is not the topic of this thread, so why do you insist on speaking about that?"

THAT is the reason behind this poll.

It does not mean just overly perfumed (the ones that bathe in perfume instead of actually bathing), it means all perfumes/scents.

I cannot go to any of the veenues such as the Show Room, the MDR, any of the Lounges/Bars because so many men and women insist on smelling the places out to the point that it is deadly to many of us.

Believe me, there are millions of us who suffer from this allergy:(

Joanie

Funny, I just responded to Lisa's poll regarding cigarette smoke on the balcony and I was thinking...no, I had no problem with that this last cruise (last week) but the guys cologne coming from the balcony next door I could actually taste. Ewww....too much don't you think? cigarette smoke seems to clear pretty fast so does not really bother me on the balcony.

Wendy

Smoking usually bothers me more than perfume/cologne but it depends on how much the person has doused them with it. Sometimes I think I will get a headache from it if I don't move away. :)

(None of the options really fit me either)

Archived