Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Just curious, since I and many others rely on this thread to find out when future itineraries open, how do you find out? In my experience I have to tell the RCCL rep that the cruise is open when I call.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Generally speaking, it's best to book the cruise you want when it first becomes available. That way you get the best available cabin at the best available price. IMO, that beats any OBC you would get by booking onboard. If by some chance your cabin is still available at the opening price when you sail in May, cancel and rebook, if you live in a country where that is allowed. (Rules change from country to country and I didn't notice where you are from.)

Thanks, I will probably go with this plan.

Good find Audrilee - I may just need to pencil in a cabin for spring of 2019.

Come on Mindy and John and join us - we are going to have a good time exploring before this B2B - heard from cruising friends that the Iguazu Falls and surrounding areas (both Brazil and Argentina) are something not to be missed! Probably planning a 2 night 3 days trip there before the B2B

More than a year?

We are booked out to 2019 with Summit in S. Caribbean Feb 2019 and B2B on Eclipse B2B in S. America March 2019 -

We like to book asap so that we get the cabin that we want and a great price - not really out of necessity - but just cause!

Waiting for RCL to open up which ship will be doing TA to Copenhagen in 2018 so that we can watch for Westward TA from Copenhagen and Fjords as soon as released -

Speculation is that it will be Serenade - okay by us - we love Radiance Class! :)

We are booked out to 2019 with Summit in S. Caribbean Feb 2019 and B2B on Eclipse B2B in S. America March 2019 -

We like to book asap so that we get the cabin that we want and a great price - not really out of necessity - but just cause!

Waiting for RCL to open up which ship will be doing TA to Copenhagen in 2018 so that we can watch for Westward TA from Copenhagen and Fjords as soon as released -

Speculation is that it will be Serenade - okay by us - we love Radiance Class! :)

Okie dokie, but that really does not address the issue the original poster had about the need to book early. We often book close to two years out for the same reasons you do. Your desire for choice of cabins has more to do with booking early than booking more than a year out. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

More than a year?

For sure more than a year- we're eagerly awaiting to see fall itineraries for 2018 released. Want to visit a cathedral in Spain along with attend a concert preformed by husbands favorite composer in Ireland. Hoping to be able to pickup a transatlantic that will port near the cathedral in Spain. Will have to plan for private car and driver.

Also, we visited Roma last year during the holy year and were able to obtain tickets for an audience with the Pope. This took many months of chatting back and forth with the Vatican only to get the wrong dates, thanks to the cruise critic people I was able to arrange to pick them up from the North American bishops in Rome. when we were married on the liberty of the seas we booked 15 months out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

More than a year?

Yep, for me at least. I work in a job that requires me to be on call and the vacation time pool is usually a battle. The further I book out, the better chance I have of getting the time off I need.

Before I retired I had to book cruises that fell within my vacation days, so as far ahead as possible. Now, since airfare is involved 100% of the time, I reserve flights early -- either to get the available mileage award flights before they disappear, or to get the best price, as my experience has been that airfares (also) go mostly up.

Okie dokie, but that really does not address the issue the original poster had about the need to book early. We often book close to two years out for the same reasons you do. Your desire for choice of cabins has more to do with booking early than booking more than a year out. ;)

There is no "issue". It's not your, mine, or anyone else's business why someone else wants to book well ahead or even over a year ahead. Some of us lead lives which dictate early booking, for others it is a personal choice for them only.

Before I retired I had to book cruises that fell within my vacation days, so as far ahead as possible. Now, since airfare is involved 100% of the time, I reserve flights early -- either to get the available mileage award flights before they disappear, or to get the best price, as my experience has been that airfares (also) go mostly up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

There is no "issue". It's not your, mine, or anyone else's business why someone else wants to book well ahead or even over a year ahead. Some of us lead lives which dictate early booking, for others it is a personal choice for them only.

I understand now, Royal needs to change their longstanding policies to appease a select group of early planners. Works for me. :halo:

I understand now, Royal needs to change their longstanding policies to appease a select group of early planners. Works for me. :halo:

It would be nice if RCCL did release slightly earlier, but no they don't "need" to do anything to appease anyone except perhaps their shareholders.

More than a year?

We need an accessible cabin, so yes, we usually have to book as soon as cruises come out. There are just so many of these cabins and once they're gone they're gone. I enjoy the planning almost as much as the cruise so it works out well. I know many people who plan this far out for many reasons.

Kate

It would be nice if RCL released their 'offerings' at the same time as Celebrity - but what the heck - we like Celebrity aslo so..... I guess we will be doing more Celebrity -

Except Celebrity does not offer free drink packages on TA or repositions and as D+ we have DL in the evening cause we rarely drink during the day lol :halo::evilsmile:

Yep, for me at least. I work in a job that requires me to be on call and the vacation time pool is usually a battle. The further I book out, the better chance I have of getting the time off I need.

Exactly the same issue for me, plus my DW's job also has time-off limitations, so sometimes we really do have to plan cruises more than a year out to be able to get both managements (and perhaps the coworkers who have to cover for us as well) to sign off on the same vacation period.

It would be nice if RCL released their 'offerings' at the same time as Celebrity - but what the heck - we like Celebrity aslo so..... I guess we will be doing more Celebrity -

Except Celebrity does not offer free drink packages on TA or repositions and as D+ we have DL in the evening cause we rarely drink during the day lol :halo::evilsmile:

Just became D+....what free drinks on TA's?! Waiting to book 2018.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app