Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

There are other options. Itinerary examples below.

Tue 28/03/17 Los Angeles (CA) / USA 16:00

Wed 29/03/17 San Diego (CA) / US 07:00 16:00

Thu 30/03/17 At Sea

Fri 31/03/17 Cabo San Lucas / Mexico 09:00 17:00

Sat 01/04/17 La Paz / Mexic 07:00 17:00

Sun 02/04/17 Loreto / Mexico 07:00 18:00

Mon 03/04/17 At Sea

Tue 04/04/17 Puerto Vallarta / Mexico 08:00 17:00

Wed 05/04/17 At Sea

Thu 06/04/17 At Sea

Fri 07/04/17 Los Angeles (CA) / USA 07:00

Itinerary #2

Sun 24/09/17 Los Angeles (CA) / US 16:00

Mon 25/09/17 Santa Barbara (CA)* / USA 07:00 17:00

Tue 26/09/17 San Francisco (CA) / USA 14:00

Wed 27/09/17 San Francisco (CA) / USA\ 20:00

Thu 28/09/17 Monterey (CA)* / USA 07:00 16:00

Fri 29/09/17 Santa Catalina Island (CA)* / USA 12:00 20:00

Sat 30/09/17 Ensenada / Mexico 08:00 17:00

Sun 01/10/17 Los Angeles (CA) / USA 07:00

Itinerary #3

Sun 01/10/17 Los Angeles (CA) / USA 16:00

Mon 02/10/17 Santa Barbara (CA)* / USA 07:00 17:00

Tue 03/10/17 San Francisco (CA) / USA 16:30

Wed 04/10/17 San Francisco (CA) / USA 20:00

Thu 05/10/17 Monterey (CA)* / USA 07:00 16:00

Fri 06/10/17 At Sea

Sat 07/10/17 Santa Catalina Island (CA)* / USA 08:00 17:00

Sun 08/10/17 Ensenada / Mexico 07:00 16:00

Mon 09/10/17 Los Angeles (CA) / USA 07:00

Only one of those is a 7 day trip.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Then how can you explain Norwegian Bliss a 168,800 ton ship going to Alaska? If that ship can fit I'm sure a quantum class will fit as well. Quantum class ship has one up on bliss. It has North Star.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can only refer you to him for the explanation. I can only assume it has to do with the length or the draft of the ship.

The only way more ships are coming back to the West Coast will be if the Chinese build some new islands for us to visit. When the only ports to visit are Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and and Cabo it just gets too repetitive. Of course, it doesn't help much when the drug gangs are shooting people in the streets of 2 of those ports. Too many better alternatives to home port a billion dollar ship.

Maybe the US could cut Hawaii loose and use it as the 'foreign' port ;)

We are lucky in Australia to have 'the islands' to cruise out to, but it gets repetitive too. I have the same beef about the sameness of RCI's itineraries here

I can only refer you to him for the explanation. I can only assume it has to do with the length or the draft of the ship.

Ovation has been successfully been operating Downunder for this season. We have very shallow ports in places and Milford Sound is pretty tight, but Ovation managed.

Alaska shouldn't be a problem - not that I'm in any way shape or form qualified to make such a judgement :rolleyes:

Alaska shouldn't be a problem - not that I'm in any way shape or form qualified to make such a judgement :rolleyes:

Alaska is really gorgeous. Whales, Bald Eagles, Otters, Seals and Bears and other wildlife. The mountains are snow capped like New Zealand.

No idea about ship size and ports. :D

I would love to visit Loreto and La Paz! We've never been to either one. Puerto Vallarta and Cabo are always fun stops. :D IMO it is just an excuse (money in some fashion) as to why they aren't out here, when other lines are very successful.

The cruise line (like others) could do partial canal trips as Princess does. We really enjoyed a day in Huatulco on one of our cruises.

The electrical hook up comment is interesting....because that is one thing about California, there are a great many air quality and pollution control laws. :)

The potential for different itineraries is here. I can only believe, after 6 years of varying excuses for why RCI does not come back to the West Coast, that it is all about the money. As are most decisions that a cruise line makes these days. :rolleyes:

Considering how polluted our air was 25-30 years ago, I am comfortable with the air regulations. I can actually see our mountains in the summertime now, which I couldn't do when I first moved here.

The potential for different itineraries is here. I can only believe, after 6 years of varying excuses for why RCI does not come back to the West Coast, that it is all about the money. As are most decisions that a cruise line makes these days. :rolleyes:

Royal Caribbean is a publicly traded cooperation. ALL decisions are mandated by law to be made in the best interest of it's shareholders and bottom line. So yes, it is absolutely "all about the money", and has always been so.

Any belief that a publicly traded corporation made any decision for any other reason is just excellent marketing on their part, or the decision happens to have coincided with your individual desire(s). (Example: They choose to return to California because they see an untapped revenue stream which is higher than a current route, but you believe it's because you have been asking for it.) :-)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

When do we expect them to release Symphony's TA to Miami or wherever she is headed?

No idea which phase:

Week of March 6, 2017 - Europe (Phase I), Year-Round Caribbean, & Bahamas

Week of March 13, 2017 - Alaska & Cruisetours

Week of March 20, 2017 - Europe (Phase II)

Week of March 27, 2017 - Northeast & Seasonal Caribbean

Week of April 3, 2017 - Australia & Singapore

Week of April 24, 2017 – China

Maybe the US could cut Hawaii loose and use it as the 'foreign' port ;)

We are lucky in Australia to have 'the islands' to cruise out to' date=' but it gets repetitive too. I have the same beef about the sameness of RCI's itineraries here[/quote']

We did an NCL cruise RT from Honolulu once with stops at Maui, Hawaii, Kauai and, for the international port, Fanning Island (Republic of Kiribati). We did not enjoy the onboard experience but the itinerary was fantastic. I would love it if RCI would do an itinerary like this.

No idea which phase:

Bob, what about Transpacific Fall 2018 and Spring 2019? TIA.

Thank you for this summary, Clarea. I need to put this in my calendar once and for all!

Not being snarky here but ...

:rolleyes:

Only one of those is a 7 day trip.

And??? Not sure what you mean. There could also be 3/4 day itineraries or 4/5 day itineraries. All of the examples I posted previously are currently being offered by competing cruise lines and were previously offered by RCI.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

And??? Not sure what you mean. There could also be 3/4 day itineraries or 4/5 day itineraries. All of the examples I posted previously are currently being offered by competing cruise lines and were previously offered by RCI.

Sorry, I was just trying to say that trips of 7 days that leave on either Saturday or Sunday are the most popular with working folks.

FWIW, in 16 days I won't fit that demographic anymore. 😁

We did an NCL cruise RT from Honolulu once with stops at Maui, Hawaii, Kauai and, for the international port, Fanning Island (Republic of Kiribati). We did not enjoy the onboard experience but the itinerary was fantastic. I would love it if RCI would do an itinerary like this.

Now that's what I call innovation. Not too far south of HI.

Curious to know how they managed the time zone as it is across the International Dateline on "our" side of the Pacific

What ships was it ? Doesn't NCL have an American flagged ship that is exempt from the typical cabotage restrictions

What ships was it ? Doesn't NCL have an American flagged ship that is exempt from the typical cabotage restrictions

Don't remember which NCL ship that was on that itinerary, but it was before the Pride of America made her debut. IIRC it was a 10 or 11 day cruise with a good two sea days to Kiribati each way. I also seem to recall that NCL ran amok a few times with the PVSA by not being able to make Kiribati.