Celebrity Website Issues

dioxide45

Is anyone else having issues accessing the Explore Cruise Planner and View Reservation functions on the My Celebrity section of the website? When selecting these from the Manage Reservation drop down, I am getting the message "The reservation number entered cannot be found. Please check the number and try again."

And the thread "not able to book beverage package"

and the thread "reservation number cannot be found"

And the thread "can't see my booking on My Celebrity"

And the thread "can't book dining package"

And those are all just within the last two days!!!!

Perhaps they should have been titled or re-titled "Celebrity Website Issues". That would stand out.

Since you placed those terms in quotes above, I would expect them to be actual thread titles. Given that, I would have expected to be able to find them on at least the first four pages of the forum. Of which, page four has a last post date of Sept 14. The only one that I was actually able to find by doing a ctrl-f search for was the last one. Thread was started on the 13th. Either those terms in quotes are not the actual title of the threads, or they were not started in the last two days...

I get it, you don't like seeing the same questions asked over and over again in new threads. Get over it. It happens, probably more so when people rather annoyingly title their threads so they have very little meaning to the actual topic. When they apparently do, they are not easy to find or people can't link to them and would rather just ragg on the OP.

.................Since you placed those terms in quotes above, I would expect them to be actual thread titles. Given that, I would have expected to be able to find them on at least the first four pages of the forum. Of which, page four has a last post date of Sept 14. The only one that I was actually able to find by doing a ctrl-f search for was the last one. Thread was started on the 13th. Either those terms in quotes are not the actual title of the threads, or they were not started in the last two days........
Maybe it will be easier this way -- Just click on the links.

not able to book beverage package

(last post today)

"Reservation number entered cannot be found"

(last post today)

Cant see my booking on My Celebrity

(last post today)

Can't book dining packages for our cruise

(last post Sept 14)

It would be helpful to have one thread on here specifically for reporting website problems, so they could all be listed together in one place instead of being spread out across numerous separate threads.

As much as I hate to suggest yet another sticky, that would be an appropriate place for it.

Edited by fleckle

It's just funny to see the question, "Is anybody having issues with the website?", when that has been one of the most talked about things on these boards for the past 2 or so weeks. So much so, that if just those words were posted, I would assume it was a joke.

I assume you have not been on these boards within the past few weeks? Please don't take offense to our finding humor in your post!

Welcome to The Gang Dioxide 45 !

You are not alone as you will have found out now and there is comfort in the knowledge that others are being , and have been for weeks now , suffering the Celebrity Website just as you are . The good news is that it will all be fixed today ! That is what we have been told here on CC and we have great faith in that :rolleyes:

You may also receive an email where someone will "reach out " to you - or you may be told that at a certain date , you will be able to actually see the reservation you have paid for . You may also be told that pigs might fly - now that is more believable for sure.

Seriously , I do hope the Celebrity people get this fixed pronto - it is wrecking what should be a fantastic pre-cruise experience -- which is all part of the adventure.

Good luck and dont hold your breath.:D

It's just funny to see the question, "Is anybody having issues with the website?", when that has been one of the most talked about things on these boards for the past 2 or so weeks. So much so, that if just those words were posted, I would assume it was a joke.

I assume you have not been on these boards within the past few weeks? Please don't take offense to our finding humor in your post!

If the website wasn't so bad and this happening all the time, it is anything but funny.

If the website worked perfectly then that would be funny.:D

Hey I rang and e-mailed them and both times they said my reservation number wasn't valid so the system is at least as bad for them as it is for us.

Eventually they said, Oh yes that's the right number. Same number every single time.

If you look at the first couple of pages here, you'll see and be able to read the many, many posts on this same subject. You're not alone---Celebrity's website sucks.

I sent an email to Michael Bayley, president of Celebrity regarding the web site, which has been telling me for over two months that they can't find my reservation and here is the reply:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Meyerhoff:

Thank you for contacting the Executive Offices of Celebrity Cruises. On behalf of Mr. Bayley, I appreciate the opportunity to assist with your correspondence.

As valued Elite members with our Captain’s Club, you and your insights are important to us. Therefore, I am truly sorry to learn of the difficulties you have experienced as a result of recent updates to our website. Please be assured Mr. Bayley is aware of the issues with our web site and we are working to resolve them. Please feel free to contact me at (866) 755-2171(866) 755-2171, if you need additional assistance.

Mr. and Mrs. Meyerhoff, we are very happy you chose to sail with us again. We sincerely value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Silhouette soon.

Sincerely,

Shirley Leeks

From the Office of Michael Bayley, President & CEO Celebrity Cruises

I spoke to Canty in the Presiden't office today and she was of no help. I also mentioned that those of us who booked early could not take advantage of any of the promotions since we would have to pay a cancellation fee and rebook, losing our existing staterooms and go to a guarantee. She said that Bayley was aware of this too. Yet the net of my call and email is 0. I also mentioned the speed of the internet and the speed of the Silhouette. This was also a 0, thus 0+0=guess what!

It is utterly ridiculous and poor business to have an IT problem of this magnitude for over 2 months.

Call

Send SMS

Add to Skype

You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Going back just a little ways, a search also found

"Web problem" started on September 4

"celebrity website is not working well" started on September 3

"celebrity issues with website" started on Auguust 27

And even "Celebrity website issues" started on August 6

They should all be required reading for the beleaguered Celebrity IT Department

Going back just a little ways, a search also found

"Web problem" started on September 4

"celebrity website is not working well" started on September 3

"celebrity issues with website" started on Auguust 27

And even "Celebrity website issues" started on August 6

They should all be required reading for the beleaguered Celebrity IT Department

Surely they know their are problems, they just don't know how to fix them.

It is no secret that Celebrity's Website has been not the best for several years now... I personally gave up using it for anything important (interactive / transactions) back in 2012

I now use it solely as a resource for written info... And even that can be off the rails at times (bad dates - incorrect info - not proof read)

But it has got me by... Until I can actually call Celebrity & make bookings, payments etc

This Summer however has been the worst !!

Often I would have trouble getting onto the website, or once on it would drop me, or clicking thru to another page it would ultimately go no where... Sometimes giving an Error Message or polite enough to say "Check Back Later"

Yesterday, for the first time I encountered "Sorry for the inconvenience... We are working right now to make Our Website better"

Oooooh if only that is so...

I am a glass half full optimistic girl (some would say too much so)

Can we go so far as to HOPE that SOMEONE SOMEWHERE at Celebrity is listening ??

Afterall I have to agree, that this has been a MAJOR Topic here on CC with at least one post a day (other days more) with various Cruisers asking for assistance / clarification on what is wrong with the website or how it is supposed to work

Of course this is a Disaster for Celebrity (let's hope they are starting to see that) from a marketing money making POV

Never mind that the User's first thought that it is they who are doing something wrong

And the first rule of business is to make the Customer feel good about themselves thru association with your product

Clearly Celebrity isn't doing that...

They are making people the world over feel that there must be something wrong with themselves if they cannot do basic things on the website :mad:

Mr Bayley soooo needs to get on this IT problem ... days, weeks, months, years it all adds up... Truly think they have come to the breaking point these last 2 months.

Time to wake up & smell the coffee (ps... It has sat stagnant in the pot too long and is now BURNING & STINKING !!)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I sent an email to Michael Bayley, president of Celebrity regarding the web site, which has been telling me for over two months that they can't find my reservation and here is the reply:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Meyerhoff:

Thank you for contacting the Executive Offices of Celebrity Cruises. On behalf of Mr. Bayley, I appreciate the opportunity to assist with your correspondence.

As valued Elite members with our Captain’s Club, you and your insights are important to us. Therefore, I am truly sorry to learn of the difficulties you have experienced as a result of recent updates to our website. Please be assured Mr. Bayley is aware of the issues with our web site and we are working to resolve them. Please feel free to contact me at (866) 755-2171(866) 755-2171, if you need additional assistance.

Mr. and Mrs. Meyerhoff, we are very happy you chose to sail with us again. We sincerely value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Silhouette soon.

Sincerely,

Shirley Leeks

From the Office of Michael Bayley, President & CEO Celebrity Cruises

I spoke to Canty in the Presiden't office today and she was of no help. I also mentioned that those of us who booked early could not take advantage of any of the promotions since we would have to pay a cancellation fee and rebook, losing our existing staterooms and go to a guarantee. She said that Bayley was aware of this too. Yet the net of my call and email is 0. I also mentioned the speed of the internet and the speed of the Silhouette. This was also a 0, thus 0+0=guess what!

It is utterly ridiculous and poor business to have an IT problem of this magnitude for over 2 months.

Call

Send SMS

Add to Skype

You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

I tried emailing Dondra Ritzenthaler, the SVP of Sales to see if she knew anything. Didn't get any type of reply from her or the other execs I emailed , but got a call from the resolutions department saying basically nothing. "We know that there is an issue, and we're working on it, blah blah blah "We apologize for the frustration" blah blah blah, if you want to buy something we can sell it to you over the phone.

Can't say I blame any of the higher ups for not answering, as I'd be hiding in my office also from the embarrassment that continues to grow with each frustrated passenger. Cruise critic is a small sampling of their customer base, I'm sure they are getting calls and letters from everyone on this, and what else can they say at this point other than its broken and they don't know how to fix it.

It is no secret that Celebrity's Website has been not the best for several years now... I personally gave up using it for anything important (interactive / transactions) back in 2012

I am a glass half full optimistic girl (some would say too much so)

Can we go so far as to HOPE that SOMEONE SOMEWHERE at Celebrity is listening ??

Afterall I have to agree, that this has been a MAJOR Topic here on CC with at least one post a day (other days more) with various Cruisers asking for assistance / clarification on what is wrong with the website or how it is supposed to work

Of course this is a Disaster for Celebrity (let's hope they are starting to see that) from a marketing money making POV

Never mind that the User's first thought that it is they who are doing something wrong

And the first rule of business is to make the Customer feel good about themselves thru association with your product

Clearly Celebrity isn't doing that...

They are making people the world over feel that there must be something wrong with themselves if they cannot do basic things on the website :mad:

Mr Bayley soooo needs to get on this IT problem ... days, weeks, months, years it all adds up... Truly think they have come to the breaking point these last 2 months.

Time to wake up & smell the coffee (ps... It has sat stagnant in the pot too long and is now BURNING & STINKING !!)

Cheers!

Couldn't agree more. I'm a glass half full type of guy, and I try and give every individual and/or company the benefit of the doubt when a problem arises, but it seems like no one is at least coming out saying, I'm in charge of this issue and this is the plan to remedy it. Instead you get the poor social media techs that monitor websites just passing on the generic non committal scripted replies on behalf of the management team.

For the first time in two decades, I'm actually considering HAL or Cunard for any future voyages

Edited by johhnnyt

Hi all,

Today's migration as been pushed to tomorrow morning to ensure a smooth launch. We don't have any additional information at this time, but wanted to keep everyone in the know. Thank you for your patience.

Yes ... tomorrow.

Big question: will it work?

Its International Pirates Day ! :p Fairdinkum .

That may explain this mornings error message !

The reservation number entered cannot be found. Please check the number and try again.

My Celebrity

The reservation number even happened when I rang and e-mailed them, at one stage the person was rude "Well we can't help you if you don't have your reservation number." "That must be a Travel Agent's number". Then much much later "Oops that was the right number."

So the one consolation is that the system is as bad for the staff as it is for us.