Breeze Dry Dock Details Finally Posted

Shaded Lady

Carnival's site posted the following 2 days ago:

Carnival Breeze dry dock: 4/16/17 - 4/29/17

• Routine hotel maintenance
  • Cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting
  • Alchemy Bar (will replace Plaza Bar at Ocean Plaza)
  • Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que (will replace Fat Jimmy's Seaside BBQ)

During all dry docks, vessels receive routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting. As additional details are confirmed, information will be updated below.

So finally all the rumors are confirmed, Breeze is getting the Alchemy Bar and Guy's Pig & Anchor...

Hopefully they are planning lots of work for the Waterworks area. We were on it last month and even though all the slides were operational pretty much none of the other water features were working.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also heard that one of the recent dry docked ships came out with much better, less slippery tiles in the Lido buffet area. I hope that's true for the Breeze as well!

Agreed.....I was surprised at how those tiles were constantly slippery on our Breeze cruise last week. Made things a challenge when carrying an 18 month old and avoiding other passengers. Glad I didn't see more than a couple people wipe out on them.

The interesting thing about the floor tiles is that on our last cruise on the Breeze we did the Behind The Fun tour. When we were in the galley we noticed that the floor in there was exactly the same as what the lido buffet has. In fact I would say the floor was even more slippery in the galley. Almost felt like I was walking on ice in some places.

Carnival's site posted the following 2 days ago:

Carnival Breeze dry dock: 4/16/17 - 4/29/17

• Routine hotel maintenance
  • Cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting
  • Alchemy Bar (will replace Plaza Bar at Ocean Plaza)
  • Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que (will replace Fat Jimmy's Seaside BBQ)

During all dry docks, vessels receive routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting. As additional details are confirmed, information will be updated below.

So finally all the rumors are confirmed, Breeze is getting the Alchemy Bar and Guy's Pig & Anchor...

Thanks for sharing.

Agreed.....I was surprised at how those tiles were constantly slippery on our Breeze cruise last week. Made things a challenge when carrying an 18 month old and avoiding other passengers. Glad I didn't see more than a couple people wipe out on them.

Was much of the waterworks area not working on your cruise, too? We are sailing in two weeks and I'm getting nervous that the ship will be in poor condition. Did it look like it was in dire need of repairs? Were most venues still in good condition?

Was much of the waterworks area not working on your cruise, too? We are sailing in two weeks and I'm getting nervous that the ship will be in poor condition. Did it look like it was in dire need of repairs? Were most venues still in good condition?

I commented before on the Waterworks but I will give you some more comments on the rest of the ship.

Overall the ship is still great and is still our favorite ship we have been on in 11 cruises. Our first cruise on her she was only 8 months old and our most recent cruise was mid-February so obviously she has "aged" some. I will say that all of the interior portions of the ship looked great. Our cabin was in very good condition. Nowhere on the ship did I see any carpet that looked like it should have been replaced already.

The outside areas of the ship (upper decks) which are exposed to the elements were the areas that definitely needed some TLC. The main pool deck was obviously faded and I saw one spot where there was a 6-inch circle where the coating had chipped off leaving a bare spot. Everything else pretty much needed a good coat of paint. The ropes course worked fine. The mini golf worked fine but we could see a few areas that needed some work to repair some things.

Overall the ship is still in very good condition.

Carnival's best ship is finally getting Carnival's best bar added.

The unfortunate part of the Alchemy Bar on the Breeze will have to be the same as on the Magic. There is no room there to have the second row of chairs and the semi-circular table. There is only the bar. When that fills up (rather quickly), you have to sit in the Ocean Plaza area and the experience is not as intimate as on the Conquest class ships.

The unfortunate part of the Alchemy Bar on the Breeze will have to be the same as on the Magic. There is no room there to have the second row of chairs and the semi-circular table. There is only the bar. When that fills up (rather quickly), you have to sit in the Ocean Plaza area and the experience is not as intimate as on the Conquest class ships.

I agree it won't be the same and with all the activity in the Red Frog and on the stage on Ocean Plaza it's going to be just a bar (that wasn't getting much action) serving fancy martini's.

Is there ANYTHING you are not nervous about?

This is based on the over all tone of your prior posts.

Chill out and enjoy, the glass really is half full, not half empty!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there ANYTHING you are not nervous about?

This is based on the over all tone of your prior posts.

Chill out and enjoy, the glass really is half full, not half empty!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, probably not. I'm quite neurotic and I have OCD and travel anxiety. I come to cruise critic to "manage my expectations" so that I am not caught off guard when I get there. I know how annoying I can be, but it's how I cope with my anxieties.

Unfortunately I do not understand the concept of "chill out."

I commented before on the Waterworks but I will give you some more comments on the rest of the ship.

Overall the ship is still great and is still our favorite ship we have been on in 11 cruises. Our first cruise on her she was only 8 months old and our most recent cruise was mid-February so obviously she has "aged" some. I will say that all of the interior portions of the ship looked great. Our cabin was in very good condition. Nowhere on the ship did I see any carpet that looked like it should have been replaced already.

The outside areas of the ship (upper decks) which are exposed to the elements were the areas that definitely needed some TLC. The main pool deck was obviously faded and I saw one spot where there was a 6-inch circle where the coating had chipped off leaving a bare spot. Everything else pretty much needed a good coat of paint. The ropes course worked fine. The mini golf worked fine but we could see a few areas that needed some work to repair some things.

Overall the ship is still in very good condition.

Did it still seem very clean and somewhat new? There are a bunch of first-time cruisers in our group and I just want the experience for them to be a good one. Would you even notice what needed repair if you weren't looking for it and hadn't sailed on it before? Sorry to be annoying. I really, really appreciate your feedback and willingness to help my troubled mind? 😉

We just got off the Breeze yesterday.......I had read some of the remarks on here about the Breeze being a little tired and carpets needing to be replaced but I found it hard to identify this. The ship is in great shape overall, you may notice some things if you're looking really hard but your first time cruisers will still be wowed!!

We just got off the Breeze yesterday.......I had read some of the remarks on here about the Breeze being a little tired and carpets needing to be replaced but I found it hard to identify this. The ship is in great shape overall, you may notice some things if you're looking really hard but your first time cruisers will still be wowed!!

Thank you. 👍🏼

I agree it won't be the same and with all the activity in the Red Frog and on the stage on Ocean Plaza it's going to be just a bar (that wasn't getting much action) serving fancy martini's.

We love the Alchemy Bar. It's one of hubby's favorite amenities. We prefer the circular seating with extra seating behind it, but I'll take the straight bar (like we had on the Inspiration) over no Alchemy Bar at all. It's the only place he can find bartenders that can make a proper Sidecar.

:)

No, probably not. I'm quite neurotic and I have OCD and travel anxiety. I come to cruise critic to "manage my expectations" so that I am not caught off guard when I get there. I know how annoying I can be, but it's how I cope with my anxieties.

Unfortunately I do not understand the concept of "chill out."

:)Working on it ll the time..think most of us are on some level or we would not be planning here...I just found your answer honest and refreshing...

Have a wonderful time...worry and then relax...give yourself more relax than worry and taking breaks breathe in nose and out mouth 5 times slowly to count of 5, say numbers in head...one two three four five on breath in and the same out...it is amazing...just a wonder...drink plenty of water and walk and do a few stretches...my tricks.

I just know Breeze is a favorite and wonderful ship from reading here, can not wait to try her with or without Alchemy...I think she is a favorite and that happens because all is moving in the right direction for most on her...she is newer but not newest and kinks worked out..leaving your group more simple and more complicated Carnival to try later...perfect choice and so is Carnival for not having to worry about perfect little details of a pickier crowd (not that this is bad)..but it is simply a very nice simpler experience with just the right amount of options..not too much...not too little..and happy happy nice crew always. And large cabins and all for a mainstream cruise...so nice that way..and comfy sheets and beds.

Edited by sjn911

I agree. We love the Breeze and the Alchemy Bar, but the Ocean Plaza location is very disappointing. Also there will not be the same amount of traffic that you get by the bar on the Freedom.

We will see how it is as we board her right after this dry dock.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just on the Breeze in Sept/Oct and loved. Didn't see any wear and tear since it is pretty much a new ship but really missed the Alchemy Bar. So happy that they will be adding it this month. Doing the same cruise on the Breeze in mid-May so excited.

BIG NEWS!!!! What is the big news that John Heald is going to announce on Apr 30th about the Breeze and a new addition? I can't wait to hear about it.

We just got off the Breeze on Sunday April 2nd. The ship was NOT in a state of disrepair. It was not icky, or stinky or any of the other words I can't think of right now. ;p

We (husband, our three kids (21,17,15) and friend and her son (18) had a fabulous time on the Breeze and loved our vacation.

Looking forward to being on the Dream in December. We were last on her in 2010.