Paradise - yay or nay?

amoody914

Hi! DH and I are scheduling to take a cruise in November on the Carnival Paradise to Cozumel. I know it is an older/smaller ship, I just returned from a 4day on the Fascination, but I am just curious if anyone has any pros/cons about the Paradise. We'd love to do another large ship, but are only able to do a shorter cruise this time since the kids will be staying with the grandparents during our trip. Thanks so much!

Yay! We went on her in April and had a great time. I would say that we received the best service we have ever had. It was a great 4 days. He had the new internet package and the older shows. Very friendly crew

Love the Paradise, Love Cozumel and I live in Tampa. I don't like immigration at Port of Tampa but that is not Carnival's fault. Enjoy the cruise and be prepared for delayed debarkation.

Edited by figdu

We just got back in mid-April from our honeymoon cruise on the Paradise. We had a great time. If you are familiar with the Fantasy-class ships and are ok with what they offer (or do not offer), I think you'll love it! Tampa is a great city to sail in and out of. Very easy!

I have heard many many great things about the Paradise. I wanted to sail on this ship two years ago, when I was in Florida for a family wedding but that was the one week it was booked. I would love to sail on this ship not just based on great reviews that I see, but because it sails out of Tampa, one of my favorite areas of Florida. Some day I hope:)

Paradise is a great ship. We are cruising on her again in 2 weeks for a quick 4 day for my wifes 50th. If you enjoy cruising and don't need all the frills that the newer ships offer, she's great. Fun time and a fantastic crew. Plus real shows!

She was our 1st cruise... We loved her! Her decor was a bit tacky but that didn't ruin our cruise! The staff was fabulous!! Always willing to go out of their way to accommodate!! Ronnell was out room steward and he was simply the best!! Sail her!! Enjoy ur vacation!!

Paradise was my first and favorite Carnival Cruise 2009. The size, the crew, the better food due to size I think..., camaraderie of great cruisers...perfect 4 day. Thumbs up..yes funky but fun decor and some pretty...like the old ship feel..the gold and black trim ..older 30's 40's style...think trying to copy old Cunard. Neat artifacts in Piano bar..some nice old ship pictures around..and creme de la creme..the pretty and funny great Russian fancy eggs all around lobby and elevators LOL...it is a great ship... youngest in Fantasy class..love her.

Paradise is excellent. Great ship - amazing staff - great food. And Tampa is my favorite port. Easy embarkation and disembarkation. I did Paradise to Cozumel last Dec and had a wonderful time.

Paradise is fine. He's older but service is still good. Only problem I had was disembarking and that was due to a new cruise director that goofed things up horribly. Im sure if the same person is their the got the hang of it now.

Happy to hear all the positive posts for the Paradise. I just booked my first B2B on Paradise, for Sept 24 and Sept 28th. I've been on all the other ships in her class before, and love that size ship. Also been to the same ports before. This cruise is mainly just for rest and relaxation.

Praying a hurricane doesn't mess everything up.