Would you upgrade?

lm_chance

We are going to be on the Freedom in a few months and currently have room 6481 which is one of those one off balcony rooms that has a different configuration. The room is L-shaped, has no couch (not a problem for us), has a slightly longer balcony and a bed that faces the window instead of the wall. We have been offered an upgrade to a balcony on the spa deck, would this move be worth it for $40/pp. Is there any benefit to giving up our current room and moving? TIA for your thoughts and comments.

The only way I would consider giving up 6481 is if it came with SPA privileges. And even then I am not sure I would move. I am not really a Spa person and with my luck I would have deck chairs scraping up on the Serenity deck in the wee hours of the morning. The money isn't a factor because when you are spending $1000s for a vacation $80 shouldn't make or break your budget. However I don't see the value of the move for me.

We wouldn't on that balcony you have two chairs a table and a lounge chair. If you like relaxing on your balcony you like we do you will love it the balcony is quite a bit bigger than a normal one. Unless you like to go to the spa then you may like the spa balcony as I understand they come with some sort of pass to the spa not sure as we have never stayed in one.

It is not a Cloud 9 spa on that ship which would give you some extra perks.

It is just a balcony on the spa deck itself which to me is not really an upgrade.

I am not sure why they charge more for that location??

We like being midship on deck 6or 7 for most of our cruises.

We have booked a real "spa balcony" on the Splendor for the first time so enjoy the Cloud 9 perks but otherwise I wouldn't do it.

It is just a balcony on the spa deck itself which to me is not really an upgrade.

We have booked a real "spa balcony" on the Splendor for the first time so enjoy the Cloud 9 perks but otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Yes you are correct. If no spa on the ship then not worth the move. Not even for $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's higher up. The higher you go, the more it costs.

Those four cabins on deck 6 on Conquest-class ships are my absolute favorite.

Your "slightly" larger balcony is actually DOUBLE the length of a standard balcony, for the price of a 6A.

We were offered a similar upgrade to the Panorama Deck. Turned it down in a heartbeat.

I too just received an offer to upgrade for $20 pp on the Victory from the same type room you have on deck 7 to a Spa room. I declined because it has no Cloud nine amenities and I never had this cabin before and wanted to try it at least once. Either way I hope you have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the spa deck balconies even covered? If not, I sure wouldn't want one.

Nah. I stand a deck up with my beer talking to people on those balconies while watching for pier runners.

Unless I'm mistaken....this lady is on one of them..and this is from Freedom.

7ec920542db4e4ff7f2b2d16d5d5a14b.jpg

I'm in the minority who didn't like the L shaped cabin. We had one on our last cruise and were really looking forward to it. First thing was that it just felt "off" to us. While I think it's the same square footage as other balcony cabins, it felt smaller because of the way it's laid out. As much as we liked the balcony and the lounger, we missed the couch. If we ordered room service at night we either had to have one of us sit on the bed while the other used the chair. I don't watch a lot of TV on a cruise, but on the occasions when I did, the chair wasn't in a good location to see it. I had to lay on the bed, which I don't like to do when watching TV. We made the best of it, and I'm glad we tried it, but I wouldn't do it again. If you're not bothered by the things that bothered me, then stay where you are and enjoy your long balcony.

We love the L shape and seek it out. I do wish the Conquest class had the couch like the others but on a Caribbean cruise the lounger and big balcony far wins out. We don't usually do room service and will just watch a movie from the bed if need be. We miss the clinch but would miss the large. Alcott more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums