CocoCay?

Jfeasel

I'm on the July 25-Aug1 sailing of Grandeur and my itinerary states that we will be in Coco Cay on Monday, July 28th.

According to the RCI website your itinerary has you in Nassau on Monday, 7/28 and CocoCay on Tuesday, 7/29 (along with Enchantment) which agrees with this schedule shown on this thread for CocoCay.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I'm on the July 25-Aug1 sailing of Grandeur and my itinerary states that we will be in Coco Cay on Monday, July 28th.

That's interesting. I am seeing that you are there on the 28'th as well. The port site must be mistaken. It looks like you are there with the Freedom unless they have switched the dates around without updating the website. They may have done this to put 2 ships with a lower passenger count together on the same day.

According to the RCI website your itinerary has you in Nassau on Monday, 7/28 and CocoCay on Tuesday, 7/29 (along with Enchantment) which agrees with the schedule shown on this thread for CocoCay.

I had looked on another travel website. So much conflicting info.:)

This is weird, I looked again at the itinerary that my TA sent me and the itinerary from My Cruises on Royal the Royal website....they conflict with one another. I'm going to go with Royal's version so, yes, according to Royal, we'll be in Coco Cay on the 29th.

This is weird, I looked again at the itinerary that my TA sent me and the itinerary from My Cruises on Royal the Royal website....they conflict with one another. I'm going to go with Royal's version so, yes, according to Royal, we'll be in Coco Cay on the 29th.

Either day you'll have nice day:D

Enjoy your cruise

Happy Days!

I would think your TA transposed the days as the RCI website is showing the itinerary with CocoCay on the 29th which is the standard order for that itinerary.

Either way as indicated you will see CocoCay and will have a great cruise.

I would think your TA transposed the days as the RCI website is showing the itinerary with CocoCay on the 29th which is the standard order for that itinerary.

Either way as indicated you will see CocoCay and will have a great cruise.

Of course, at the end of July there's a 50/50 chance that all you'll get to do is see Coco Cay ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Or when you actually booked the trip, that was the port order and has since been changed. The confirmation your TA sent you would have shown the old port order:). I've had a few trips where the order has changed after booking and my original invoice shows original itin;)

Of course, at the end of July there's a 50/50 chance that all you'll get to do is see Coco Cay ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You made that 50/50 chance up right? I say you have a much much better chance of making CoCo Cay in Summer month than winter months. I'm basing my statement on many cruise in the Bahamas on private vessels. Please show your the basis for your claim.

Maybe we've just been lucky, but we have made it to Coco Cay better than 80% of the time.

Our first visit is scheduled for Mid-late July. I hope we have better than 50/50 odds. We have missed other private islands on other ships; sometimes other passengers (maybe newbies) get cranky. between the good things I have read about relaxing days on Coco Cay and the wish to avoid grumpy fellow guests, I really hope we make it.

Our first visit is scheduled for Mid-late July. I hope we have better than 50/50 odds. We have missed other private islands on other ships; sometimes other passengers (maybe newbies) get cranky. between the good things I have read about relaxing days on Coco Cay and the wish to avoid grumpy fellow guests, I really hope we make it.

I'm sure you will. The only times this port of call would be missed would be if the weather or sea conditions prohibit the safe operation of the tenders. The odds are certainly more than the 50/50 mentioned in the thread that you will be able to make CocoCay - our 75%, clarea's 80%+, and CrusinCrow's 83%+ actual experience would support that. :)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I'm sure you will. The only times this port of call would be missed would be if the weather or sea conditions prohibit the safe operation of the tenders. The odds are certainly more than the 50/50 mentioned in the thread that you will be able to make CocoCay - our 75%, clarea's 80%+, and CrusinCrow's 83%+ actual experience would support that. :)

75-83% odds sounds way, way better. Due to unsafe tendering conditions, we missed NCL's private island the first three times it was on our itinerary, and made it the fourth time. We want better luck with Coco Cay.

Just a bit of advise. We were in Coco Cay a few weeks ago along with the Majesty. By 11 AM, the island became quite crowded. The second food area was open.

From what we observed, ( we arrived about 9:30 and had our choice of seating), those who arrived after 11 had a difficult time getting loungers. We saw groups of 4-6 and more just waking in circles looking for chairs. There were scattered chairs here and there, but if you have more than 2 traveling together and want to sit together on Coco Cay, don't sleep in.

We always consider ourselves lucky when we make it to Coco Cay. I've never kept track of the hits and misses, or even what time of year we have success.

m