Directions---2 routes to FLL

wandb

Hoping someone familiar with Fort Lauderdale area can advise us.

From Port St. Lucie to Port Everglades on Friday morning, would you recommend taking I-95 to I-595 to the port? Or is there any advantage to taking the toll road from Port St. Lucie to I-595 to the port?

Is there construction or too much traffic on I-95? Just wondering, since Google always shows to take the toll road (and we had thought to take I-95).

Thanks!

I would agree that I-95 to I-595 to PE should be good with a couple of exceptions:

1. if you are arriving on a weekday during rush hours. Make use of the HOV lane if you can. Generally after 9:30am I-95 flows fairly well.

2. any accident will bring either I-95 or the turnpike to a halt. Build in some extra time if you can.

3. there is (and has been for years) construction going on at the end of I-595. Be sure to follow the signage to get to the PE entrance. It's easy to get confused and routed away from the entrance. There are a couple of entrances to PE so be sure to familiarize yourself before arriving. All entrances lead to the ships!

Edited by 0bnxshs

How funny. My wife and I will be going from PSL to the Zuiderdam in the morning as well. We drove up from the Ft. Lauderdale airport yesterday and it took 95 minutes on the turnpike. We are staying about 10 minutes away from the turnpike exit.

The turnpike is much more convenient for us to get to and I don't think the traffic is as hectic so we will be taking it again tomorrow when we return the car to the airport. Then we will take a cab from there to the port.

How funny. My wife and I will be going from PSL to the Zuiderdam in the morning as well. We drove up from the Ft. Lauderdale airport yesterday and it took 95 minutes on the turnpike. We are staying about 10 minutes away from the turnpike exit.

The turnpike is much more convenient for us to get to and I don't think the traffic is as hectic so we will be taking it again tomorrow when we return the car to the airport. Then we will take a cab from there to the port.

Hi, Mystictraveler. Where are you staying? We are at the Homewood Suites. It is an amazing place for the price. I found myself wondering at the supper tonight if any of the folks around us were going on the cruise tomorrow!

Hi, Mystictraveler. Where are you staying? We are at the Homewood Suites. It is an amazing place for the price. I found myself wondering at the supper tonight if any of the folks around us were going on the cruise tomorrow!

Actually we are visiting my father-in-law who lives here. Safe travels!