Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

"Originally Posted by springaussie View Post

Radiance of the Seas has been added to the drop down menu for Singapore Marina Bay Cruise Terminal in the last week.

No dates available yet as only cruises added up until 29 March 2015.

Probably a dry dock.

Maybe off to Europe.

Maybe joining the Asian fleet.

http://mbccs.com.sg/"

Hmm, interesting.

But she does have a Hawaii-Vancouver cruise the end of April 2016, which would indicate the beginning of another Alaska season.

All of Rhapsody's TP itineraries were cancelled when over half booked when the redeployment to Europe was announced, so even though these sailings are on the website now they can easily be cancelled and changed. Having said that Re springaussie's post, I really doubt Radiance will go to China. Radiance Class are the last if it's size to fit into many ports and under many bridges in current ports of calls. Not only that, the environmental needs for it's propulsion systems in Alaska & Baltics is a must have for RCL and this class of ship imho.

I still think the previous ideas are more likely that Legend and Splendour will be first to go to CTrip/China

Radiance of the Seas has been added to the drop down menu for Singapore Marina Bay Cruise Terminal in the last week.

No dates available yet as only cruises added up until 29 March 2015.

Probably a dry dock.

Maybe off to Europe.

Maybe joining the Asian fleet.

http://mbccs.com.sg/

Not long off Radiance and it was mentioned 2016 for a refurbish for her and I thought it was mentioned Portland, Oregon, not 100% certain re that. Maybe it was just under consideration. But was told early in 2014 that Radiance would eventually leave Australia. Seems reasonable as we were told to expect Quantum size sooner than later here in Australia - but probably years in RCI reasoning. Whether just a visit or season was not mentioned. Just a few cryptic clues given on last cruise to think about.

We had the best cruise on Serenade in the Med last year! I doubt anything could top it, but I'm hoping she has a great itinerary for 2016. Next year we are trying Oceania for the first time.

I agree and our cruise was the best so far too!

I really hope the Brilliance does the Med in 2016 :)

Most probably Europe transit via Singapore after a dry dock refurbishment..

I was thinking Australia, but after seeing the post above saying it will not go to Australia most probably, Europe would be a choice.

It shouldn't be joining the Asian fleet. We have Legend, mariner, Quantum and Voyager.. I wouldn't be expecting another RCL ship here, and it did be surprising if it does.

Edited by WaveSplasher

Not long off Radiance and it was mentioned 2016 for a refurbish for her and I thought it was mentioned Portland, Oregon, not 100% certain re that. Maybe it was just under consideration. But was told early in 2014 that Radiance would eventually leave Australia. Seems reasonable as we were told to expect Quantum size sooner than later here in Australia - but probably years in RCI reasoning. Whether just a visit or season was not mentioned. Just a few cryptic clues given on last cruise to think about.

That make sense with the current bookings opened a dry dock on the west coast of North America before Alaska 2016 because Radiance of the Seas appears to be the earliest ship to arrive in Vancouver by over a week. I think last dry dock was at Victoria Canada in 2011 for Radiance.

Radiance does not appear in Darwin Cruise Ship schedule for the 2016/17.

Sydney Port Schedule does not have the weekly cruise bookings for the 7 day music charters during October 2016 for any ship like Rhapsody and Radiance have worked over the last couple of years.

My guess is Radiance of the Seas bookings will be cut in 2016 somewhere before the Alaskan repositioning. Aussies will be told we will get a bigger and better ship by the marketing department in Miami as Radiance leaves us.

My thinking is Radiance will leave Australia via Singapore March/April 2016 for Europe.

Here is the press release I just found on this:

MIAMI, Nov. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. today announced that Majesty of the Seas will transfer from its Royal Caribbean International cruise brand to its Pullmantur brand in 2016. Majesty of the Seas' last 3-night sailing for Royal Caribbean International will depart on April 29, 2016. She will then enter dry dock before joining the Pullmantur fleet, allowing her to be tailored to fit Pullmantur's brand standards and offerings.

" Majesty of the Seas has created wonderful memories for millions of guests, and we expect this record of success to continue as she transitions to Pullmantur," said Richard D. Fain, chairman and chief executive officer of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. "The vessel's transfer is an excellent business opportunity for both Royal Caribbean and Pullmantur. We are fortunate that our mix of brands allows us the flexibility and opportunity to expand in key strategic markets."

Thank you for that.

That make sense with the current bookings opened a dry dock on the west coast of North America before Alaska 2016 because Radiance of the Seas appears to be the earliest ship to arrive in Vancouver by over a week. I think last dry dock was at Victoria Canada in 2011 for Radiance.

Radiance does not appear in Darwin Cruise Ship schedule for the 2016/17.

Sydney Port Schedule does not have the weekly cruise bookings for the 7 day music charters during October 2016 for any ship like Rhapsody and Radiance have worked over the last couple of years.

My guess is Radiance of the Seas bookings will be cut in 2016 somewhere before the Alaskan repositioning. Aussies will be told we will get a bigger and better ship by the marketing department in Miami as Radiance leaves us.

My thinking is Radiance will leave Australia via Singapore March/April 2016 for Europe.

Are you saying that there is a possibility that the April 2016 Hawaii to Vancouver cruise on the Radiance will be cancelled?

My guess is Radiance of the Seas bookings will be cut in 2016 somewhere before the Alaskan repositioning. Aussies will be told we will get a bigger and better ship by the marketing department in Miami as Radiance leaves us. My thinking is Radiance will leave Australia via Singapore March/April 2016 for Europe.

Hmmm, so if Radiance doesn't come back to North America , RCL will need another ship to do the Trans Pacific crossings.... what ships are over there (Oz & Asia) that could come over in RoS's place May of 2016 and actually do Alaska? Maybe Quantum!!!! :eek::p:D:D

Can Voyager be going to Alaska

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

There would be emissions issues, unless Voyager has had scrubbers or other technology fitted to reduce emissions,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There would be emissions issues, unless Voyager has had scrubbers or other technology fitted to reduce emissions,

Maybe Explorer.

Explorer of the Seas is doing Norwegian Fiords next year after dry dock from Southampton.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Maybe Explorer.

Explorer of the Seas is doing Norwegian Fiords next year after dry dock from Southampton.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you know if the fjords are subject to similar environment controls as Alaska?

It would be very surprising since that did not happen on Navigator or Voyager.

Yep, imo that's the only way a Voyager Class ship could possibly go to Alaska is if they enclose the currently fully open Solarium area. Voyager, freedom and Oasis class ships are all "warm weather" ships: open solariums, huge pools decks, florider, etc. Radiance and Q (by all reports) and Vision too with glass centrum are "cold" weather ships, smaller pool decks and more enclosed areas. So from Oz/Asia, the only ships that make sense to me are Legend (doubt it) or Q (I'm really dreamin' here!!!!)

So what could be another possibly? Maybe send 2 ships through the Canal (Jewel plus Serenade, Brilliance, a Vision class?) in 2016 and totally skip a TP crossing May 2016. I don't see this either as these Hawaii repo's always sell out quickly and at a high price imho. Aaah the suspense!!! :rolleyes::p

Do you all REALLY think Radiance leaves Alaska/Hawaii and will be deployed elsewhere? I hardly could imagine, since I didn't know which ship should overtake Radiance's Alaska itineraries... :confused:

-Oasis Class? Never!

-Quantum Class? Never!

-Freedom/Voyager Class? Still very unlikely - open solarium, still very large (too large for the Alaskan ports), powered by Diesel, no scrubbers...

-Radiance Class: IMHO only remaining possibility. Gas turbines, practical size, encloes Soalrium.

-Vision Class: Could be an option, but which one? Nearly every ship of this class is deployed elsewhere.

MAYBE Vision otS, if she will not return to Europe...

Just a curiosity how much bigger is celebrity solstice compared to Quantum

Solstice is significantly lower in volume than Quantum. Solstice is slightly longer than Voyager class, but not as wide, so it is even lower in volume than Voyager.

Edited by clarea