Weather for Caribbean Cruise ....next week

allgoodindixie

Check one of the online weather sites for the forecast for your ports.

Yep, doesn't get any easier than that. Select your sail port, and one or two of your port stops.

However, no meteorologist is going to be very comfortable predicting beyond 7 days. However, you can get an idea of the current weather trends. Do this all the time for our trips.

I am excited to say Vista is the 5th ship I will have cruised on come next week:)

Our whole family is leaving from Miami on December 17....YAY:):)

Does anyone have any idea about the weather ... just generally.... on the high seas in December?

I use The Weather Channel to check for forecasts on itinerary ports.

On every Caribbean cruise we've taken (just over a dozen) the forecast has shown clouds and possibility of rain...for EVERY day. We've seldom seen the rain and if it happens, it was very brief. My daughter lived in Key West for a couple of years and it was warm and sunny...winter and blistering hot in the summer. Same seems to hold true for the Caribbean.

Have cruised the Caribbean many times and never have had an all day rain. The weather out of Miami will be cool on deck while the ships in motion. until you reach the Caribbean. We have had showers on and off the ship, but never for more than a half hour to 45 minutes. Have had more than one shower in a single day while on board. Also never had a completely clouded over day. Once you reach the Caribbean the warm weather will be there. Last year at HMC it was windy and quite cool, not a good beach day. Our next port was Grand Turk and the weather got more like the Caribbean.

I sailed on an eastern caribbean itinerary from dec4-11. Going out was choppy from ft lauderdale then mostly smooth the whole trip then choppy again the last night back into ft lauderdale. weather was warm all ports. grand turk, san juan,st maarten, half moon cay. no rain at any port stops but got lucky on that. only rained a little on 1 sea day. water was cool when you first jumped in but you quickly get used to it and felt nice.

On every Caribbean cruise we've taken (just over a dozen) the forecast has shown clouds and possibility of rain...for EVERY day. We've seldom seen the rain and if it happens, it was very brief. My daughter lived in Key West for a couple of years and it was warm and sunny...winter and blistering hot in the summer. Same seems to hold true for the Caribbean.

So true!

We are in Barbados now, having loved the island - and that turquoise water! - so much from a day trip during a cruise last holiday season, that we decided to spend more time.

As we watched the weather reports before flying out, the indications were mostly 40 to 60 or 70% chance of rain EVERY DAY, all week.

So... we are here.

Yup, "RAIN EVERY DAY".

That is, a few minutes of sprinkles, and a few times a heavy rain for less than 5 minutes, and then the sun is back out for hours.

If we were swimming, we just stayed right in the water.

There were usually several people on the floating raft (which one swims to) with a couple of wide benches. They also just sat there and continued talking.

:)