Lax

Minoushka

Does anyone k now where Delta airlines domestic flights land in LAX.then how far is Tahiti Nui terminal or pax desk from there!

Are there push carts we can take to go from baggage claim of one to luggage deposit of other

Are they free or will I need coins?

Thanks

Here is the link to the terminal map:

http://www.lawa.org/welcome_LAX.aspx?id=246

Delta is in Terminal 5 and Air Tahiti Nui is in the Bradley International Terminal.

Luggage carts are $2 I believe, but the machines take credit cards. The problem with the shuttle is it runs counterclockwise, ao it would hit Terminal 5,6,7,8,1,2,3 before getting to Bradley,

Here is the link to the terminal map:

http://www.lawa.org/welcome_LAX.aspx?id=246

Delta is in Terminal 5 and Air Tahiti Nui is in the Bradley International Terminal.

Luggage carts are $2 I believe, but the machines take credit cards. The problem with the shuttle is it runs counterclockwise, ao it would hit Terminal 5,6,7,8,1,2,3 before getting to Bradley,

Talisker92 has it right. We have walked from the Delta terminal to Bradley and it is a fair hike. I would not recommend it for anyone with mobility problems.

Good but incomplete info.

DL check-in desks at LAX are located in T5 landside. DL flights operate from gates in both T5 and T6, with most ops in T5 and overflow at T6. So you could possibly arrive in either terminal.

One big question to the OP: Are you on one through ticket or two? And for this info, you need to look at ticket numbers. If on one ticket, your checked baggage will be through checked for you at your original destination. If on two, you will need to claim your bags at the DL baggage claim and take them yourself to the TN check-in in TBIT.

I personally enjoy the walk outside between T5 and TBIT. It's about a five minute walk for me, and easy to do if you just have a roller carryon. Moving checked bags....either carts or the terminal shuttle bus. Mobility issues....take the bus.

If also doing the reverse, same thing with checked bags. If one ticket, they will be through checked and you only have to drop them off at the bag drop in TBIT after clearing immigration and customs. Carts obtained within the customs area are free.

Finally, it is Air Tahiti Nui. Which is different than Air Tahiti. And there is no "Tahiti Nui".

In both directions, you will have a security screening at LAX.

Edited by FlyerTalker

Does anyone k now where Delta airlines domestic flights land in LAX.then how far is Tahiti Nui terminal or pax desk from there!

Are there push carts we can take to go from baggage claim of one to luggage deposit of other

Are they free or will I need coins?

Thanks

Like most US airports, they have carts at $5.00, and take bills. :eek:

Cato :)

No we have to get our luggage to get to Air Tahiti ...Delta will not send to charter flight by Oceania ..so yes we will shlep

Pick up bags ,go to airline stand rego thru security ....damn ...we cannot transit

And no i respect the rules my carry ons are perfect size ..:( ...too small for my liking

Air Tahiti weighs it all including purse ....:(. :( Double sour face !!!

Given the small size of the TN fleet, are you SURE that it is a charter? Or is it possible that you merely have a ticket on a group booking of a scheduled flight?

If you are on two tickets, then definitely will have to claim bags from DL, then transport to TBIT, and check-in with TN. And do the reverse on your return.

I might even consider tipping a skycap and having them take the bags from T5/6 to TBIT. Easier than manhandling them onto the shuttle, or handling carts.

If they have porters we will do that

As far as I know there are no regular flights with Air Tahiti Nui that day and I believe Oceania charters its flights ..Delta told me I am only ticketed to LAX so shlepping wemust do

For the return Air Canada and Tahiti have an agreement ...I may be able to sendbags thru if not shlepping once again ...from one termibal to the other with very long flights

Air Tahiti is apparently famous for squashed crappy flights ..really looking forward to South Pacific Sardine can airline ...:(. :(. .double yucky face !!!

Given the small size of the TN fleet, are you SURE that it is a charter? Or is it possible that you merely have a ticket on a group booking of a scheduled flight?

If you are on two tickets, then definitely will have to claim bags from DL, then transport to TBIT, and check-in with TN. And do the reverse on your return.

I might even consider tipping a skycap and having them take the bags from T5/6 to TBIT. Easier than manhandling them onto the shuttle, or handling carts.

I didn't realize the skycaps at LAX would transfer bags from one terminal to another.