Customer service

stocktonmackem

I have just returned from Ventura and before we went I had a small query. I decided to get in touch with P and O via their social media page. My query was dealt with promptly and answered all my questions. Upon arriving in my cabin I was amazed to find that there was a bottle of Champagne and Chocolates as a gift from the P and O Social Media team. These days we are all quick in complaining about P and O and there Customer Service that I thought I should give them a big thumbs up especially as it was only a query and not a complaint and no way would I have expected this gesture. :)

I have just returned from Ventura and before we went I had a small query. I decided to get in touch with P and O via their social media page. My query was dealt with promptly and answered all my questions. Upon arriving in my cabin I was amazed to find that there was a bottle of Champagne and Chocolates as a gift from the P and O Social Media team. These days we are all quick in complaining about P and O and there Customer Service that I thought I should give them a big thumbs up especially as it was only a query and not a complaint and no way would I have expected this gesture. :)

Fantastic and thank you for highlighting this.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I agree, thank you for posting this. Some days I feel that every post I read is complaining about something. Good to read something pleasant.

And I bet this positive post does not get many replies. Some people thrive on negativity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad you got agood response to your query and a nice surprise!!! Well done P&O!!!

And I bet this positive post does not get many replies. Some people thrive on negativity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And (hopefully) you will LOSE!! :p LOL ! ( Just teasin ya!!) Most people, and I HATE speaking in general here don't post anything UNLESS they've got a gripe!.It seems pointless, sadly, for many, to give praise (even to those who go above and beyond) because, well.. After all,'They' (the cruise staff) are just doing their job, and I'm worth it. Attitude'. I guess it's just human nature?:eek: And I agree with this OP that in most cases people do thrive on the bad things (in their opinion) that somehow the rest of the world doesn't live up to THEIR expectations.:rolleyes:

Mac

And (hopefully) you will LOSE!![emoji14]LOL ! ( Just teasin ya!!) Most people, and I HATE speaking in general here don't post anything UNLESS they've got a gripe!.It seems pointless, sadly, for many, to give praise (even to those who go above and beyond) because, well.. After all,'They' (the cruise staff) are just doing their job, and I'm worth it. Attitude'. I guess it's just human nature?:eek: And I agree with this OP that in most cases people do thrive on the bad things (in their opinion) that somehow the rest of the world doesn't live up to THEIR expectations.:rolleyes:

Mac

I agree i always give praise where praise is due because you mostly only hear the gripes so maybe everyone should start posting the good things from their cruise.

On the odd occasion that I have had to contact P&O land based customer services they have been pretty hopeless, but I havent tried via Social Media. By contrast, I have usually found problem resolution on the ships to be superb. The best example we had was on Britannia. We were getting a drainage smell from the basin / WC in our suite. We mentioned it to the cabin steward who tried several things, to no avail. Mechanics then tried several things over several days, again no improvement. They provided an automatic air freshener which squirted out fragrance every so often which masked it, but they didn't give up. I would stress that we were not complaining and we were having a laugh with the mechanics and passenger services manager every time we passed him when he asked was it fixed yet and we said 'nope, still trying'! Anyway, a few days before the end of the cruise the Passenger Services Manager appeared and said that they were really sorry that they had been unable to fix the problem and were adding £300 on board credit to our account. We were flabbergasted. It hadn't been a show stopper for us and we hadn't complained about the problem or the number of viists to our cabin, even though it had been mildly irritating. We were impressed and grateful that they had tried so hard to fix the problem and had no expectation whatsoever for anything else, so the fact that they effectively wiped out our remaining on board account was fantastic and much appreciated.

On the odd occasion that I have had to contact P&O land based customer services they have been pretty hopeless, but I havent tried via Social Media. By contrast, I have usually found problem resolution on the ships to be superb. The best example we had was on Britannia. We were getting a drainage smell from the basin / WC in our suite. We mentioned it to the cabin steward who tried several things, to no avail. Mechanics then tried several things over several days, again no improvement. They provided an automatic air freshener which squirted out fragrance every so often which masked it, but they didn't give up. I would stress that we were not complaining and we were having a laugh with the mechanics and passenger services manager every time we passed him when he asked was it fixed yet and we said 'nope, still trying'! Anyway, a few days before the end of the cruise the Passenger Services Manager appeared and said that they were really sorry that they had been unable to fix the problem and were adding £300 on board credit to our account. We were flabbergasted. It hadn't been a show stopper for us and we hadn't complained about the problem or the number of viists to our cabin, even though it had been mildly irritating. We were impressed and grateful that they had tried so hard to fix the problem and had no expectation whatsoever for anything else, so the fact that they effectively wiped out our remaining on board account was fantastic and much appreciated.

I have always thought this is the best way to sort out any onboard problems.

Reading this reminded me of a little problem I had on Ventura last week. We use an accessible cabin and after hubby had his shower I moved the shower head up to suit me. Unfortunately the shower head decided to snap completely off the rail and water was flying everywhere. I was in a panic as it was the 1st formal night. I ended up having to go to shower in the spa area. It was just as 6.30 people were going down to dinner so not wanting to go into the lift with my hair soaking wet I decided to use the stairs, conscious of the fact I looked a right mess. I mentioned to our cabin steward as we left for dinner about the shower and he had it fixed by the time we got back that night. Again fantastic service. Maybe I should have complained that it smacked off my head and I needed compensating for it :D;);)

Reading this reminded me of a little problem I had on Ventura last week. We use an accessible cabin and after hubby had his shower I moved the shower head up to suit me. Unfortunately the shower head decided to snap completely off the rail and water was flying everywhere. I was in a panic as it was the 1st formal night. I ended up having to go to shower in the spa area. It was just as 6.30 people were going down to dinner so not wanting to go into the lift with my hair soaking wet I decided to use the stairs, conscious of the fact I looked a right mess. I mentioned to our cabin steward as we left for dinner about the shower and he had it fixed by the time we got back that night. Again fantastic service. Maybe I should have complained that it smacked off my head and I needed compensating for it :D;);)

Your story SM reminds me a little of our recent Azura experience with our Stewardess. The first night I used the shower I noticed that the shower gel plunger was not working, it had not been positioned correctly nor screwed in place, so I fixed it, but did not comment at all to our stewardess. Towards the end of the cruise, presumably in readiness for the next one, she had refilled the bottle but just left the plunger attachment in the soap tray, so I refitted it once more.

As we were disembarking and I was giving her a little extra, she thanked me for sorting out the shower gel plunger, and joked that perhaps I would like to stay on board to help her with all the others!

I'm just wondering what your enquiry was so that we can all try and ask the same question to see if we can get a free bottle of bubbly :)

Seriously, nice to hear good news - we are in a world where people tend to just want to give negative feedback about every tiny little thing. It seems like people aren't happy unless they are moaning about something.

(Well done for fixing the shower gel thing without making a right song and dance of it !)

I'm just wondering what your enquiry was so that we can all try and ask the same question to see if we can get a free bottle of bubbly :)

Seriously, nice to hear good news - we are in a world where people tend to just want to give negative feedback about every tiny little thing. It seems like people aren't happy unless they are moaning about something.

(Well done for fixing the shower gel thing without making a right song and dance of it !)

I had read on Facebook about wheelchair users not having to wear a tuxedo. My hubby feels uncomfortable as Jacket gets bunched up. I didn't want to just turn up to dinner and be embarrassed if they said he needed a Jacket. I asked via pm on the social media page. Hannah got in touch with the ship and checked with the restaurant if it was ok just to wear a waistcoat instead. There wasn't a problem and I was happy that everything was fine. We exchanged a few pm over the course of a couple of days, me explaining that hubby was delighted that he would be ok just to wear a waistcoat. As far as I was concerned that was it. I was delighted to get on board to find the champagne and chocolates as they were definitely not expected. Needless to say I posted it on the P and O site just so that people are aware that they do the right thing sometimes. When we went to the restaurant on the first evening as soon as we got to the desk they even knew our cabin number. First time I have had a peaceful evening without hubby saying he was uncomfortable. x

I had read on Facebook about wheelchair users not having to wear a tuxedo. My hubby feels uncomfortable as Jacket gets bunched up. I didn't want to just turn up to dinner and be embarrassed if they said he needed a Jacket. I asked via pm on the social media page. Hannah got in touch with the ship and checked with the restaurant if it was ok just to wear a waistcoat instead. There wasn't a problem and I was happy that everything was fine. We exchanged a few pm over the course of a couple of days, me explaining that hubby was delighted that he would be ok just to wear a waistcoat. As far as I was concerned that was it. I was delighted to get on board to find the champagne and chocolates as they were definitely not expected. Needless to say I posted it on the P and O site just so that people are aware that they do the right thing sometimes. When we went to the restaurant on the first evening as soon as we got to the desk they even knew our cabin number. First time I have had a peaceful evening without hubby saying he was uncomfortable. x

Well done P&O.

It does depend how you deal with customer services, we have had a few trivial things to deal with over the years and never had any complaints with P&O or any other cruise line. Sometimes when you see/hear people being rude or demanding you wonder how they would deal with issues if the roles were reversed.

It does depend how you deal with customer services, we have had a few trivial things to deal with over the years and never had any complaints with P&O or any other cruise line. Sometimes when you see/hear people being rude or demanding you wonder how they would deal with issues if the roles were reversed.

Unfortunately people's bullying ways often gets them their own way which is wrong IMO.

Often you have to be assertive if the soft approach doesn't work and most of the time if it is a legitimate complaint the cruise line will rectify it.