Friends Cruising Split Accounts Possible?

CruisingCaity16

Although I don't often cruise on Carnival, all the cruise lines are about the same on this.

Just sign in with different credit cards. You should be able to do this when you arrange your pre-check but you can also do it when you arrive at the dock for check in. You will each have your own account.

I am cruising on Carnival with a friend and I think it may be uncomfortable or at least a hassle trying to split the sign and sail charges after the trip.

Is it possible to have separate sign and sail accounts even though we are staying in the same room? How do I arrange this?

Yep.

Just set up separate accounts when you check in.

As other posters have said, it's very easy to split payment in any number of ways. Including any combination of credit cards / cash.

If you wait until boarding before setting up your on-board accounts, the clerk at check-in may want to register just one card in order to avoid slowing the line. You can cut along to guest relations at any time during the early part of your cruise to register the second card, change or withdraw the first card, deposit cash into an on-board account, etc - it's all very very flexible.

Most obvious is to each use your own cruise card for your own costs, but be aware that can make life a just little difficult. For instance, you can both order drinks at the same time but you'll have to make them separate orders & present both cards - the maths can be fun if you take advantage of a two-for-one offer or share a bottle of wine. ;)

And if you separately fix up a ship's excursion, premium dining etc you may have to ensure that you're allocated to the same bus, table etc.

Minor complications, easily sorted.

Alternatively use either card for shared purchases, keep your copies of the various tabs (always worthwhile anyway so you can check the account/s in case there's a rare mistake), then go to reception near/at the end of the cruise to ask them to charge this passenger with $85 of the total & that passenger $105of the total. Again involves a little maths, but no big deal.

JB :)

I've done this on every cruise I've taken with a friend or my sister. No problem at all. I just did the online check-in for my upcoming cruise in May. My sister shows up on the reservation, but she will do her check-in separately and register her own credit card. We booked at the same time, but did our deposits separately, and the same will true with the balance due in March.

Roz

I am cruising on Carnival with a friend and I think it may be uncomfortable or at least a hassle trying to split the sign and sail charges after the trip.

Is it possible to have separate sign and sail accounts even though we are staying in the same room? How do I arrange this?

No problem at all. They will set it up for you when you check in. I would suggest prepaying service charges in case they accidently dump them all on one of the accounts.