Laundry on the Koningsdam

Rickster50

Hi Folks,

We are doing the 21 day Norway & the Baltics cruise next May. I know this is kind of a boring subject but we want to go ashore in Amsterdam, find a laundromat, do the washing, and take it all back on the ship later. I might add that by the time we do the washing, it will be almost 2 weeks since we left home.

I'm not sure how Holland America would react to this, so I'd like to know if anyone else has done a similar procedure during the course of a cruise/cruises with HAL.

Thanks

Paul

Not sure why you would want to spend your time ashore doing laundry. You can put almost two weeks of laundry in their laundry bag if you roll it tight. Price has increased to $30/bag but totally worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with cabinluvn. Use the $ 30,- bag, you can put a lot in it. It comes back nice and clean, shirts on hangers etc.

I think many launderettes indeed have washers and dryers, but not all of them have iron facilities. Why spend your time there?

HAL won't care. I've done laundry at a port before. Put your dirty laundry in a suitcase or duffel bag and take it off the ship. Come back onboard with it clean. It's no big deal. If this is how you want to spend your time in port, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Koningsdam recently for 2 weeks and used the laundry bags twice. You can get so much in each bag! Clothes come back on hangers and your underwear is in tissue paper in a wicker basket. No damage to anything. No wrinkles in my husband's shirts. $30.00 per bag is so worth it. And, it came back next morning!

Are there no laundry rooms on the Koningsdam? I am all for turning over my laundry, but like to go press things occasionally... can anyone answer that question?

No laundry rooms. I think HAL rates for "pressing only" are quite modest.

Roy

There is another thread that says $20 per bag...so it has gone up to $30? How about the unlimited package? On the other thread it states $7 per day per cabin.
$30.00 for Europe, $20.00 for Caribbean. Don't know about other itineraries,

$30.00 for Europe, $20.00 for Caribbean. Don't know about other itineraries,

Just got off the Konningsdam. It was $30, but a European cruise. I assumed it had gone up because it was $20 on our Hawaiian cruise. Forgot it was more for Europe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...