Independence of the Seas Pool Hogs

RAYSWIN

If he has a gold sea pass card then his conduct is acceptable. You can do anything you want if you have a gold sea pass card, its in the terms and conditions in font 2.

Okay, let's not start picking on gold card cruisers. Some of us are very nice.......lol (and don't hog chairs)!

As a Gold Sea Pass holder I cannot understand why the chair hog was mingling with the minions? Rather than annoying his fellow suite buddies in the reserved area ?

Probably depends on the ship, a lot of the reserved lounger sections suck. Don't recall Indy, but Freedom is awful unless you are docked, and even then not that good

While I don't like negative posts and complainers - I do not view the OP's post in that way at all. I got a kick out of it. I suspect the overreaction from some folks is because perhaps THEY are these type pool chair hogs that feel the entire world revolves around them?

Bingo! :D

happy sailing...... The more you people complain on the ship, the nicer the staff is to the non complaining, polite people that are grateful like me>

Actually, the OP is NOT complaining on the ship (otherwise the chogging incident would have ended with the pool attendants taking the items and freeing the chairs). And I don't view the OP as complaining here.......I see it more as a form of live entertainment for us. Thanks OP! :)

Probably depends on the ship, a lot of the reserved lounger sections suck. Don't recall Indy, but Freedom is awful unless you are docked, and even then not that good

Actually, Indy is quite nice. I just got off and those gold card holders looked mighty comfy in the tiered seats on both sides of the pool bar.:p

LOL no..

i would never be so bored and miserable on a vacation that I had to log onto a forum and complain that while I was sitting comfortably doing nothing about... the people in front of me were hogging chairs.

No ... dont see to much of me in that. Because I would never to it..... I try to keep my complaints to things that actually matter.. not something trite like a chair hog, elevator wait time, putting mayonaise on a salami sandwitch, or the guy in the bar not playing the song I wanted and ruining my vacation. ( all trivial complaints I have hear in the last 3 days) LOL

happy sailing...... The more you people complain on the ship, the nicer the staff is to the non complaining, polite people that are grateful like me>

I think you completely missed my poor attempt at humor. I thought it was obvious when I added the wink and smile but I guess not:cool:

Okay, let's not start picking on gold card cruisers. Some of us are very nice.......lol (and don't hog chairs)!

TY

Appreciate your post.

Have a safe day.

I was kidding, I travel in suites usually, I've never acted in entitled to anything :)

Final update... A family in the same row needed two more chairs so they untied the two towels and picked up the backpack and moved it to a lounger in the shade. I stayed to watch the "entertainment". After another 15 minutes he was back...

Started looking around agitated. Spotted his backpack, picked it up and meekly went back to his gold card reserved seating at the main pool. The two men in "his" chairs were both over 6'. If ladies had taken them it could have been interesting! Very happy with the conclusion!! I guess I offended some "guilty" readers.... great entertainment!!! All is well!!! Independence is a wonderful ship with an amazing crew. Sunil in the diamond lounge is the best!!!!👍

Since we are on the topic of chair hogs. I need some clarification on what a chair hog makes.

If I were to put my towel on a lounger with my flip flops under neath the lounger, and then go in the pool/hot tub for 30 minutes, then Go back to my lounger and relax and the repeat the same cycle about an hour later, does this count as a chair hog?

Since we are on the topic of chair hogs. I need some clarification on what a chair hog makes.

If I were to put my towel on a lounger with my flip flops under neath the lounger, and then go in the pool/hot tub for 30 minutes, then Go back to my lounger and relax and the repeat the same cycle about an hour later, does this count as a chair hog?

No, that would not be a chair hog. A chair hog is someone that arrives at the pool early in the morning, lays a towel on a chair and then disappears. They come back hours later to "their" chair.

I don't consider people using the pool or hot tub that have their towel on a chair in any way a chair hog.

According to some on CC it would.

Yep, I was deemed a chair hog since I got there at 7 and stayed till 1. Never really took my butt out of the chair the entire time.

Apparently that is not fair to the late risers

Maybe the late risers should have one less drink and set there alarm clocks and stop whining ! :-)

Yep, I was deemed a chair hog since I got there at 7 and stayed till 1. Never really took my butt out of the chair the entire time.

Apparently that is not fair to the late risers

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.