Carnival Sunshine

mwb826

Just wanted to give a heads up to all future Sunshine cruisers. If you have one of the new rooms (we are in 9219), bring a fan!! They are sweltering. Have tried to get a fan and they have given them all out. All pools, slides, and sports areas are open. I have to say that the staff does seem really indifferent to your needs. I can't comment on the room steward, have not met them yet but it is only day 5 so I guess there is still time. I tried to post on John Healds facebook asking him who we could talk to about the a/c situation, and the computers onboard will not let it post. Have tried 5 times from 3 different computers and every time you hit post, facebook stops responding. Things that make you go hmmmm?!!

Just wanted to give a heads up to all future Sunshine cruisers. If you have one of the new rooms (we are in 9219), bring a fan!! They are sweltering. Have tried to get a fan and they have given them all out. All pools, slides, and sports areas are open. I have to say that the staff does seem really indifferent to your needs. I can't comment on the room steward, have not met them yet but it is only day 5 so I guess there is still time. I tried to post on John Healds facebook asking him who we could talk to about the a/c situation, and the computers onboard will not let it post. Have tried 5 times from 3 different computers and every time you hit post, facebook stops responding. Things that make you go hmmmm?!!

I assume you've already made every effort to get the on-board personnel to come fix the situation if you're trying to appeal to JH? If so, have they given you any explanation for why they can't get it to work? That is troubling.

I assume you've already made every effort to get the on-board personnel to come fix the situation if you're trying to appeal to JH? If so, have they given you any explanation for why they can't get it to work? That is troubling.

We had a conference call with CCL reps on Monday and the continued issues with Sunshine were brought up. Clearly the ship was removed from the yard far too soon and while every attempt is being made to get things in working order. Both CCL clients and investors patience are wearing thin on a situation that they themselves created.

I hope you get to enjoy your trip.

I would go and talk with Caroline who is manager of Guest Services. She was a great aid to me and got me the attention of Carlos when I was on there.

A/C issues should come as no surprise. That was one of the chief complaints about the Destiny. The new cabins stacked on the roof are 20 feet closer to the sun. They didn't upgrade the A/C system to take them into account?

It really seems like they added the rooms and just added the ducts to the existing a/c system. There does not seem to be any air blowing into the room. We have tried to talk to Carlos, but was told at guest services by the supervisor, that we could not. No explanation, just that it had to be handled at the desk. I am going to keep trying. I guess at worst, I will see him at the past guest party and will bring up my concerns then. We are enjoying the cruise. This is a big bump in the road, but still going to make the best of it. Not happy with the response we are getting on board but waited too long for this cruise to let this ruin anything. Will post if they are able to get anything fixed. Also a heads up to the person in 9190, you will be right across from the laundry room so could be convenient if you want to pack light and do a load of wash while onboard. :)

It really seems like they added the rooms and just added the ducts to the existing a/c system. There does not seem to be any air blowing into the room. We have tried to talk to Carlos, but was told at guest services by the supervisor, that we could not. No explanation, just that it had to be handled at the desk. I am going to keep trying. I guess at worst, I will see him at the past guest party and will bring up my concerns then. We are enjoying the cruise. This is a big bump in the road, but still going to make the best of it. Not happy with the response we are getting on board but waited too long for this cruise to let this ruin anything. Will post if they are able to get anything fixed. Also a heads up to the person in 9190, you will be right across from the laundry room so could be convenient if you want to pack light and do a load of wash while onboard. :)

Keep pressing for resolution and I hope you do get it all fixed or at least livable. Happy Cruising!

The old Destiny had the ventilation controls in the vent in the ceiling and you could get a tornado going in the cabin if you opened it all the way. I would think the new cabins don't have that, but maybe?

In our old cabin, it had been disconnected and a new thermostat thing had been installed on the wall. Maybe yours is wired backwards or not connected at all?

Anyway, maybe some things to check.

Don't you think its time that Carnival 'steps up to the plate' and fixes these issues..?? :eek: I mean, really... :(

We sail in September... Hoping for a carefree cruise, which we should all expect! :D

We had a conference call with CCL reps on Monday and the continued issues with Sunshine were brought up. Clearly the ship was removed from the yard far too soon and while every attempt is being made to get things in working order. Both CCL clients and investors patience are wearing thin on a situation that they themselves created.

I hope you get to enjoy your trip.

Was the sabotage discussed?

Sent using Tapatalk on my iphone5

The old Destiny had the ventilation controls in the vent in the ceiling and you could get a tornado going in the cabin if you opened it all the way. I would think the new cabins don't have that, but maybe?

In our old cabin, it had been disconnected and a new thermostat thing had been installed on the wall. Maybe yours is wired backwards or not connected at all?

Are you suggesting they fix it themselves? :confused::eek::D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I'm suggesting there are a couple of easy things for them to check. I know I would. Or as DDD suggested for other issues, if you see a workman in the area see if you can grab them and get them to check it.

Not meeting your cabin steward seems odd to me. They might be able to get someone to check on it. I might make an effort to meet the steward as well.

I know this seems rather strange to try and do something yourself nowadays. It's a little off the normal path of letting someone or some entity totally take care of you.

But it's slightly possible it's an easy fix. Spending a few minutes tinkering with it would be something I'd do right from the start.

packing list:

Clothes

spending money

sunscreen

travel documents

tool belt

OK looks like we are all set.;)

Bill

LOVE IT!

To paraphrase Steve Harvey: MC says "Everybody scream!!!

SH: I paid $35 to get in this **** concert, YOU SCREAM!:p

Maybe the saboteurs cut the phone lines too?:confused:

Bill

Maybe try another phone? The OP seemed to have no trouble finding computers or making a number of attempts to post on Facebook.

I know when I was on the Carnival Sunshine I had no problem posting to FB from my laptop.

Archived