Airline prices

eng4

We fly from California to Florida for our cruises and prices can be steep. This year we are sailing in June and when we started looking in Feb. prices were sky high. Kept looking, every day. Lately we have found doing one-ways to be cheaper. Don't ask me why, since it never use to be that way. This June we are flying to Florida on United and home on Southwest. Our airfare was $365 roundtrip. Not bad considering the distance!

Lately we have found doing one-ways to be cheaper. Don't ask me why, since it never use to be that way.

I've noticed this too. I just booked a one way on Delta from SEA to MIA the day before our cruise for $141 pp. Still watching for a good price on the return flight, which is currently about $266.

January is peak season for cruises out of Florida ports. There are also a lot of conventions etc. in Florida during the winter for the same reason: good weather compared to the rest of the country. And if you're talking about the first few days in January you may see prices surge because of all the folks flying in for bowl games. Add to that the many snowbirds who stay up north to have holidays with family and then beeline to their winter homes in early January. All adds up to a lot of demand for flights to FL in January. High demand generally = higher prices.

Are airline prices terrible for everyone in January or just Michigan to Florida? Ugh!

How do you define terrible? Are you trying to fly from Marquette to Melbourne? To Fort Lauderdale from Flint? Traverse City to Tampa?

Vague questions get vague answers.

Flight prices are high for us too.

We fly from Minneapolis to Florida in March. This year we are flying to San Juan and that's even worse! We expect to pay more but seriously $800pp x 4 =$3,200 :eek:

Upcoming:

Jewel of the Seas March 2016

Harmony of the Seas March 2017

I have heard several people complaining of prices to florida in the winter for this coming winter season. I think maybe there must just be a high demand for it and it's driving prices up because unfortunately that is peak season for travel to florida from the northern states...

We bought our airfare right when the airlines released their rates for sale. I was kinda thinking I would regret this, especially with Delta as they usually make several schedule changes that far out. But, it looked like we lucked out so far. We have 2 one way trips booked to get it the cheapest we could. On the way down we are flying first class for $360 for 2 people and on the way back we are flying economy for $211 for 2 people. Now looking at what flights are costing now, that's so insanely cheap considering what we would pay now if we booked the same exact flight.

I have heard several people complaining of prices to florida in the winter for this coming winter season.

There will always be someone grumbling about the price of tickets (particularly on here!) regardless of how cheap they are.

There will always be someone grumbling about the price of tickets (particularly on here!) regardless of how cheap they are.

What, you mean I can't get a first class ticket from small town USA to London in July for $99 round trip?:eek: That is outragious, I once know a guy who knew another guy who once talked to a woman who 15 years ago got a ticket from somewhere near me to someplace in Europe (I think) for $125. Why should I have to pay so much this is an outrage, the airlines are just greedy and gouging cruise passengers. :D

What, you mean I can't get a first class ticket from small town USA to London in July for $99 round trip?:eek: That is outragious, I once know a guy who knew another guy who once talked to a woman who 15 years ago got a ticket from somewhere near me to someplace in Europe (I think) for $125. Why should I have to pay so much this is an outrage, the airlines are just greedy and gouging cruise passengers. :D
And the airplane ticket is more than the cruise!! How can that be??