Ports you don't need to go to again?

Jay Sam

I have been to over 20 ports in the Caribbean/Bahamas. Most are great. Some, are a don't need to visit again, or just rather stay on the ship for me. Which are your's?

Mine are:

Roatan (either port)

Belize

Nassau

Martinique

Ocho Rios

Edited by Jay Sam
addition

Freeport and Progresso (which should be named Regresso IMHO)

From what I have read and heard, Progesso wouldn't be my cup of tea either. (Regresso, too funny. I am laughing as I type).

I have been to over 20 ports in the Caribbean/Bahamas. Most are great. Some, are a don't need to visit again, or just rather stay on the ship for me. Which are your's?

Mine are:

Roatan (either port)

Belize

Nassau

Martinique

Ocho Rios

And I have spent land vacations totaling two weeks on Roatan at Infinity Bay, a week in San Pedro Ambergris Cay (Belize), over a month at different hotels on Cable Beach in Nassau. Would go back to any of these in a heartbeat.

I don't stay near the port areas. Will go to Martinique for the 1st time this December on Celebrity, and I thought Ocho Rios should get an award for most improved port area after my last visit a few months back.

One man gathers what another man spills.

And I have spent land vacations totaling two weeks on Roatan at Infinity Bay, a week in San Pedro Ambergris Cay (Belize), over a month at different hotels on Cable Beach in Nassau. Would go back to any of these in a heartbeat.

I don't stay near the port areas. Will go to Martinique for the 1st time this December on Celebrity, and I thought Ocho Rios should get an award for most improved port area after my last visit a few months back.

One man gathers what another man spills.

It's great to read about a positive attitude. Thanks.

I've always tried to find something new in Nassau and Freeport...I'd go again..and I adore Grand Cayman..it's my favorite...I feel like as long as I do something new in each port each time then I'm good..it's about the discovery...Grand Cayman is the favorite port for us ..

Nassau

Freeport

Ocho Rios - Although my family had a wonderful experience with an AI there

I loved Belize but would probably struggle there if we were taking the kiddos. Same with Roatan.

All that being said, I love to cruise and we are opting to do a cruise going to my #1 and #2 in October because that's what worked with our schedule. Sure beats a week at home working!

Grand Turk is one of my favorite ports! I guess it's gonna be different for everyone depending on what u find to do there.

I do agree wth the majority, I'm over Nassau. If we end up on a cruise going there again, that'll be a on the ship day for us. 😊

Jamaica - any port. I cannot stand that island! 😡

Freeport

Nassau

Martinique

Grand Cayman..it's an ok stop. Wouldn't seek it out.

Martinique- so disappointed when we stopped there in April

Athens - don't get me wrong..loved all the sites but once was enough.

Labadee - I cannot stand the aggressive vendors, the barbecue and the worn out lounge chairs.