Live from Ruby Princess

Shogun

Hi All,

Hopefully in the very early hours of tomorrow morning a car will arrive out side my home, and the start of another adventure will commence,as we head to airport and fly into Southampton a few hours before sailing, many will know we have taken a year off cruising to be with our new puppy, who is growing up fast, she along with Shogun have been collected by the pet sitter so are already on their holidays. I think there was a tear in DWs eye as she said good bye to puppy for the first time, or may relief as she is a very demanding dog requiring hugs constantly.

So we are joining our old friend the Ruby Princess out of Southampton heading back home, now some will ask why take a cruise back to your own home, we will be just 20 miles from home, or to ports you have visited before, well firstly a cruise is a cruise its time away from work which has been stressful recently court cases and all that.

http://50essentialexperiences.com/2010/10/18/steve-deas/

But a cruise is like any holiday its what you put into it that ensures you are rewarded with a holiday you can recall many years from now.

One place I plan on visiting is Pegasus Bridge Normandy, those who can recall the movie The Longest Day will know what I am talking about.

http://www.memorial-pegasus.org/mmp/musee_debarquement/index.php?lang=uk

So I will try and post most days from the ship, weather may be interesting as a low is moving south taking gale force winds from the artic so temperatures are going to fall sharply.

What will make a nice start to this holiday is a friend we have not seen for some time will board the Ruby and spent a little time with us before the ship sails,

As before any questions or information folks want please ask away and will try and find the answers for you.

Yours Shogun

We're getting a puppy next Spring. After we lost our dog, we decided it wouldn't be fair to leave a new puppy when we had longer cruises booked so know how you feel.

Enjoy Ruby Princess: as you can see we're on her 8th September, and we can't wait. A lovely ship. :)

Looking forward to your live, Shogun. I'm bringing my granddaughter across the pond next July to do the BI cruise on the Royal. Really looking forward to it, so will be following your posts with special interest. Have a wonderful cruise.

Susan

Looking forward to reading your live reports. I think the Ruby is one of my favorite ships. Is Commodore Romano still in charge? We were lucky to have him as our captain in December and in March on the Ruby. I think he took a break in between.

Looking forward to reading your live reports. I think the Ruby is one of my favorite ships. Is Commodore Romano still in charge? We were lucky to have him as our captain in December and in March on the Ruby. I think he took a break in between.

The Commodore will be taking us from Southampton to NYC on September 8th.

Hi All

For those on our October cruise will try and give you a feel for what life is like onboard

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Have a great cruise. Waiting anxiously for your report.

Chris

Hi Steve,

As you get off, we get on..... looking forward to it too. The British Isles has been top of the bucket list for a while. We will stay on for the TA after the BI cruise. Will be interested to hear about the weather. We leave Australia next Friday woohoo!

We have housesitters come in and look after our furbabies, Billy and Charlie (wouldn't think of putting them in a kennel)

Edited by Billy and Charlie's Mum

We are heading to your neck of the woods next month and into October. We looked at cruises but wanted to see more than what they offered so we are doing a bus trip for 25 days. Should be interesting living out of a suitcase for that length of time! Can't wait to see everything....the 4 areas have been on our bucket list for years. Send those low temps and rain and wind away out to see please....I want nice weather and sunshine!!! Have a wonderful cruise.