Which cruise lines have nice size cabins? Which have the smaller ones?

edbk35

Carnival has decent sized "regular" cabins...most are 185 sq. ft. RCI's smaller, older ships do have teensy-weensy cabins...some are only 119 sq.ft....I think my closet is larger!!!

Almost every cruiseline has a brochure with the deck plans and the sq. footage of each catagory of cabin. (And, it should be online, too, but a brochure is a hard copy, right in front of you!!!!) Get the brochure before you book...having the deck plans in front of you when booking is a MUST, IMO! You should know what you're paying for!

I've only done one cruise but I was impressed with my oceanview with a balcony on Holland America. I'll be sailing Princess next aboard the Ruby Princess and staying in a mini suite. They gave me a pretty good deal because my birthday takes place during the cruise. Whoever you decide to go with I would recommend trying to get an oceanview with a balcony. Just my opinion of course, but I liked it.

We have been on 12 cruise lines and always thought that RCI had generally small cabins when compared to a lot of their competition. Not sure if this is really true...and if you compare square footage they are probably close to the same. But also keep in mind that it depends on the ship. The older RCI ships like the Monarch or Majestry have very small cabins whereas some of their newer vessels have larger cabins. If you go on their new Mega-ships (not sure why anyone likes those ships that try to be non-ships) there are a large variety of cabin sizes..depending on category. Funny thing is that our favorite RCI ship was the old (and long gone) Sun Viking where we had some cabins that were only about 120 square feet. These small cabins were so tiny that one of us had to sit on the bed so the other had room to unpack (no exaggeration).

Hank

Disney claims to have the largest average cabin size per category. I will say our Balcony on Magic was definitely larger than our balcony on Carnival Pride( cabin, not the actual balcony part)

but categories within a ship can vary greatly in size/comfort level.. an interior stateroom and a Balcony will have a large difference in sq footage.

Archived