Enchantment or Liberty?

Tif1171

Hubby and I are thinking about taking another cruise (either in Nov or Dec) before my busy accounting season at work. We are looking at either a 4 night again on Enchantment or 5 night on Liberty. We enjoyed Enchantment (we love cococay) but we were spoiled with a corner aft junior suite, this time we would be getting a balcony room instead (will we be let down?) We are also looking at Liberty due to the itinerary (Labadee and Ochos Richos), the ship (the largest ship we've been on is a Voyager class) and the easier transportation from airport to port in Ft.Lauderdale vs Port Canaveral. Any suggestions? Also, we usually cruise in the summer so we fly in early the same morning, since we are flying in from Boston in the winter, I assume we should consider coming in the night before?

Hi,

I have cruised aboard both the Liberty of the Seas (2011 and 2013) and the Enchantment of the Seas (2013). I like both ships, but I would choose the Liberty of the Seas. The ship has a lot more features (Royal Promenade, ice skating shows, etc.) and a better itinerary. Also, if you are flying, it is easier to sail from Ft. Lauderdale. As a Chicago resident, I definitely recommend flying to the port a day early (especially during the winter).

Chuck

We do the Liberty every December - love it!!

and yes, come in the night prior if at all possible - less stress! IF staying at the hotels vicinity 17th Street, it is an easy walk to Wal-Mart (and other stores) to purchase your 2 bottles of wine to carry on (I was shocked at the wine selection at there - more than our Liquor Stores carry).//Maria

Thanks for all your replies. Very helpful! And thank you for the hotel tip. That was going to be my next question. So regarding transportation, I assume taxi to hotel and from ship to airport is best in Fort Lauderdale? What's a good flight time on disembark day? I don't think I'm going to choose an aft balcony on liberty though as it looks like a farther walk to elevators than on vision or radiance class ships and no loungers either! Any tips on floors, location , sides etc for a deluxe balcony room on Liberty?

Thanks for all your replies. Very helpful! And thank you for the hotel tip. That was going to be my next question. So regarding transportation, I assume taxi to hotel and from ship to airport is best in Fort Lauderdale? What's a good flight time on disembark day? I don't think I'm going to choose an aft balcony on liberty though as it looks like a farther walk to elevators than on vision or radiance class ships and no loungers either! Any tips on floors, location , sides etc for a deluxe balcony room on Liberty?

Another vote for the Liberty. Are you planning the Dec 1 sailing? i might be on that sailing.

You can also take an airport hotel with a shuttle, so you can save on taxi.

We always do a taxi from airport to hotel (we've found it so much faster than waiting for the hotel shuttle and everyone to load up). Cost of taxi to hotel vicinity 17th street is around $20. We do the hotel shuttle to the port - usually $10//person at most hotels.

We always do the taxi from port back to FLL......faster than waiting on the shuttles. Usually $20.

We were debating the same two cruises in Nov. and we decided on Enchantment for a few reasons. We won't have to take a day off of work to spend Friday night in a hotel. My folks live an hour from Port Canaveral, so we can spend Sunday with them before driving to the Port on Monday. I'm bummed that we won't get to experience Liberty. We were on Enchantment 5 years ago, and although it's been upgraded since, we know what we're getting. But it's just what we need for a little RnR!

Another vote for the Liberty. Great entertainment, 3D movies shown, an extra day on the ship. Easy choice.

Always arrive the day before if you can. Takes the stress out of flying in the day of the cruise, especially if weather may be a factor.

Get to the port for boarding at 11am as well and you can enjoy the ship with relatively few people on it for an hour or two.

We are looking at either nov 17th or dec 15th (dec 1 doesn't work with our schedule). Will we love Labadee as much as Cococay? That's our favorite port!

Don't know which you will like more, but Labadee has a pier, so you have much less chance of missing it due to weather.

We are looking at either nov 17th or dec 15th (dec 1 doesn't work with our schedule). Will we love Labadee as much as Cococay? That's our favorite port!

We booked the Liberty Dec 15th primarily due to the Labadee stop and, IMO, I think you'll like it more. We were on CocoCay in April and, while we really enjoyed it, I felt rushed (rushing to get to the tender, rushing to get food and drinks as it was crowded with the ships that day, rushing back to the ship). As noted, when we stopped in Labadee, it was much more relaxed. Stroll off whenever, forgot something, go back don't want the BBQ at the beach, go back to the ship for lunch. For the 12/15 sailing, Liberty is the only ship in Labadee. When we were there on Freedom, it was crowded as you get off, but the crowd abated with every beach you get away from the dock.

Coming from the midwest, we are flying in 2 days ahead of time and staying at the Crowne Plaza. We want to watch the parade of ships out of Port Everglades on both Sat & Sun (5 ships on Sat and at least one more on Sun). There is a Hertz locale right at the Crowne Plaza and we are renting a car as Florida rentals are very in expensive and, among other things, we are running a trail race on Sunday Morning (1/2 marathon for me, 10K for my wife, can't pass up the chance to race in shorts in December).

We are on the Liberty of the Seas on December 15, I enjoy Labadee over CocoCay any day because you don't tender. Looks like the prices are pretty good right now. Which ever cruise you pick I'm sure you will have a fun and relaxing time.

Hubby and I are thinking about taking another cruise (either in Nov or Dec) before my busy accounting season at work. We are looking at either a 4 night again on Enchantment or 5 night on Liberty. We enjoyed Enchantment (we love cococay) but we were spoiled with a corner aft junior suite, this time we would be getting a balcony room instead (will we be let down?) We are also looking at Liberty due to the itinerary (Labadee and Ochos Richos), the ship (the largest ship we've been on is a Voyager class) and the easier transportation from airport to port in Ft.Lauderdale vs Port Canaveral. Any suggestions? Also, we usually cruise in the summer so we fly in early the same morning, since we are flying in from Boston in the winter, I assume we should consider coming in the night before?

Liberty is newer, bigger, more features and better entertainment.

Ft Lauderdale Airport is near Port Everglades (10 minutes taxi or shuttle).

Yes, get there the day before, relax and enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums