My "I lost 10 lbs on this cruise" review of the Getaway 6/7/2014-6/14/2014

I want to read the rest of the story, but find that the longer I have to wait for more, the less that I care.

Come on, tell us your story.

I agree. Not to be mean, and sorry if it sounds mean, but a few people post reviews like this. Eventually, I just stop checking :(

I don't like to be mean either but my rule of thumb is that a review should not take longer to write or post than the actual cruise ;)

I am part teasing but I know everyone is busy but the drip drip drip reviews drive me crazy too.

To those of you who are tired of checking for the OP to continue her review, why don't you just subscribe to the thread?

OP - take your time; I'm not going anywhere. :cool:

At the risk of sounding like a moron, how do you officially 'subscribe'? I thought once I commented on a thread I would then get email updates, but I now know that does not always happen.

At the risk of sounding like a moron, how do you officially 'subscribe'? I thought once I commented on a thread I would then get email updates, but I now know that does not always happen.

Thread tools at the top of the thread has the Subscribe option (posting should automatically subscribe you as well). You may need to check your settings as to whether you are getting e-mail notifications.

From CC's FAQs:

What are subscriptions?

Subscriptions are a way of keeping track of different threads or forums. You can choose how you are notified about updates - for example by having them listed in your User CP and receiving email updates for each one.

How do I subscribe to a thread or forum?

To subscribe to a forum, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum. If the forum that you are subscribing to has any child forums (forums within a forum) then your subscription will be extended to these automatically.

To subscribe to a thread, click the 'Thread Tools' link at the top of the list of posts then click 'Subscribe to Thread'. You can then choose the subscription mode that you wish to use for that thread.

What subscription modes are available?

There are a number of different forum subscription modes available.

• No Email Notification - lists the subscription in your User CP only. You do not receive any notifications about new posts or threads in the forum.
  • Daily Email Notification - sends one email a day with the new and updated threads in the forum and any sub-forums. If there are no new or updated threads in the forum or its sub-forums then you will not receive an email.
  • Weekly Email Notification - sends one email per week in the same way as the Daily Email Notification.

Thread Subscriptions have the same options as forum subscriptions with the following additional option:

• Instant Email Notification - sends an email as soon as a new post is added to the thread. This is not sent for every reply and will only be sent once until you revisit the forums.

How do I manage Subscriptions and Folders?

Thread subscriptions can be sorted into folders for easy management. You can create as many folders as you wish by going to 'Edit Folders' in the 'Subscribed Threads' section of your User CP. To add a new folder, enter the folder name into one of the blank boxes and save the page. To delete a folder, delete the folder name. Editing a folder is done by simply editing the folder name in the list.

You can also manage your individual subscriptions by clicking 'List Subscriptions' under 'Subscribed Threads' in your User CP. Here you can select which subscriptions you wish to manage and delete them, move them to another folder, or change their subscription type.

Forum subscriptions are not managed through the List Subscriptions page and are shown on the User CP page where they contain the option to unsubscribe from the forum.

From CC's FAQs:

What are subscriptions?

Subscriptions are a way of keeping track of different threads or forums. You can choose how you are notified about updates - for example by having them listed in your User CP and receiving email updates for each one.

How do I subscribe to a thread or forum?

To subscribe to a forum, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum. If the forum that you are subscribing to has any child forums (forums within a forum) then your subscription will be extended to these automatically.

To subscribe to a thread, click the 'Thread Tools' link at the top of the list of posts then click 'Subscribe to Thread'. You can then choose the subscription mode that you wish to use for that thread.

What subscription modes are available?

There are a number of different forum subscription modes available.

• No Email Notification - lists the subscription in your User CP only. You do not receive any notifications about new posts or threads in the forum.
  • Daily Email Notification - sends one email a day with the new and updated threads in the forum and any sub-forums. If there are no new or updated threads in the forum or its sub-forums then you will not receive an email.
  • Weekly Email Notification - sends one email per week in the same way as the Daily Email Notification.

Thread Subscriptions have the same options as forum subscriptions with the following additional option:

• Instant Email Notification - sends an email as soon as a new post is added to the thread. This is not sent for every reply and will only be sent once until you revisit the forums.

How do I manage Subscriptions and Folders?

Thread subscriptions can be sorted into folders for easy management. You can create as many folders as you wish by going to 'Edit Folders' in the 'Subscribed Threads' section of your User CP. To add a new folder, enter the folder name into one of the blank boxes and save the page. To delete a folder, delete the folder name. Editing a folder is done by simply editing the folder name in the list.

You can also manage your individual subscriptions by clicking 'List Subscriptions' under 'Subscribed Threads' in your User CP. Here you can select which subscriptions you wish to manage and delete them, move them to another folder, or change their subscription type.

Forum subscriptions are not managed through the List Subscriptions page and are shown on the User CP page where they contain the option to unsubscribe from the forum.

Thank you, I was only set to "weekly". That explains why the thread was a mile long when I only received one email notification! :D

Hi my fellow cruisers.

I will be writing a little each day this week about my cruise on the Getaway.

Wish you'd pull an all nighter and write the entire review instead of this piecemeal approach!! The suspense is killing me!!! :eek: :D:D:D Keep the words coming....

Thank you John for posting the guide to subscribing.

One of my husbands stones moved into the duct, Because of that, he required two surgeries. The doctor told him it is very serious if that happens.

Perhaps OP had something like that happen and her condition is now worse than expected.

Thank you John for posting the guide to subscribing.

One of my husbands stones moved into the duct, Because of that, he required two surgeries. The doctor told him it is very serious if that happens.

Perhaps OP had something like that happen and her condition is now worse than expected.

The OP posted yesterday she was busy at work and wanted to put up a few piccys :)

It's just a bit of light hearted banter on here I think :p

OP, I hope you are doing better now, surgery over? hopefully.

I know the "pain". It was quite unbearable, and while I had not yet been diagnosed, I had expereienced the pain before, yet still went ahead on a 4 day vacation to Atlantic City. I was ok the day I went there, then sick for two full days, and only somewhat better the day we went home.

I hardly saw any of Atlantic City, and sadly have not been able to get back there since, and that trip was 17 years ago.

I hope you are better now.

The OP posted yesterday she was busy at work and wanted to put up a few piccys :)

It's just a bit of light hearted banter on here I think :p

ceratinly we should hope it all good natured. remember when people used to wait a month for the next installment in the chapter-a-month stories published in periodicals of old? Now we are accustomed to downloading entertainment in seconds. life is good:D

the Op is a good story teller, and I look forward to hearing the rest of the story.

I think we should just keep this thread going for the OP. I remember what it felt like having those darn GB attacks...holy cow... think you're about drop dead any minute.....:eek:

See, we could just tell all our gory details and that would entertain those who think OP is just stringing them along... :p :D :p

I think we should just keep this thread going for the OP. I remember what it felt like having those darn GB attacks...holy cow... think you're about drop dead any minute.....:eek:

See, we could just tell all our gory details and that would entertain those who think OP is just stringing them along... :p :D :p

Well, I've never had a GB attack, but I have some gory details from eating wheat I could share :D