My "I lost 10 lbs on this cruise" review of the Getaway 6/7/2014-6/14/2014

I hope it was "broiled grouper" and not "boiled grouper"....... From the second I read the words boiled grouper I couldn't stop laughing, thinking of my Scotch upbringing where every meat is "boiled" to perfection.......not!!!!!!!

I too wondered if the fish was broiled, not boiled. Or maybe the chef poached the fish...that somehow sounds better than boiled. Not Scotch, the closest I have had to boiled meat would be stew; based upon your report, I'll likely keep it that way!

Jan in Maine, hoping also that your daughter does well for the rest of her pregnancy!

Glad you can stay home and take it easy. Now I am post op day two. DH made sure I had everything I need within reach of me in my recliner before he left for work. I am enjoying CC and watching the clouds go by outside!

Edited by medicalma'am

She'll be ok but it's hard to walk and type at the same time. Our positive vibes will help her get through this.

It's tough though, the gas really is the worst b/c it never seems to really subside. As long as she keeps moving she'll be ok.

Best wishes brave girl. We're all pulling for you.

I love you my fellow cruisers for all of your well wishes and positive thoughts. I decide 2 days home from work was enough for me ...I can't stand daytime TV lol

I sort of kind of put myself together and returned to work on Weds. I also volunteered to work tomorrow to save some PTO.

I am still hurting but catching up at work has been keeping my mind off of it.

Tomorrow is looking like a really rainy day here in charlotte so I am confident I will actually finish this review that has taken me a year and a day to write.

I do notice I do not have alot of energy so I think that's a part of it. :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I love you my fellow cruisers for all of your well wishes and positive thoughts. I decide 2 days home from work was enough for me ...I can't stand daytime TV lol

I sort of kind of put myself together and returned to work on Weds. I also volunteered to work tomorrow to save some PTO.

I am still hurting but catching up at work has been keeping my mind off of it.

Tomorrow is looking like a really rainy day here in charlotte so I am confident I will actually finish this review that has taken me a year and a day to write.

I do notice I do not have alot of energy so I think that's a part of it. :(

I hope you have a super easy day at work tomorrow. It is really, really super rainy tonight. Best to stay in and dry!

I am glad that you are doing a bit better! :)

p.s. Where do you live in Charlotte? We are having torrential rain in Mint Hill.

Edited by TracieABD

I hope you have a super easy day at work tomorrow. It is really, really super rainy tonight. Best to stay in and dry!

I am glad that you are doing a bit better! :)

p.s. Where do you live in Charlotte? We are having torrential rain in Mint Hill.

I live up by northlake mall. I work in uptown though and got caught in that rain storm around 7 driving home! My job is usually a desk job but I have awesome co-workers who have been taking really good care of me in case I need to move around :)

I am also following your review and your recovery as well. So happy you are recuperating so nicely. Take your time getting back to full speed and listen to your body. If it says "Hey I need sleep!" then sleep. We'll all be here waiting to read more of your review when you wake up.:D

BTW, loving what I've read so far!

Stay well,

Hey all. I haven't forgotten. Some more medical issues have come up :/ ya know when they find one thing they find other issues.

I have to go for a CT scan tomorrow :(

So I've been freaking out about this for a few days now.

A girl who gets a cold once a year is now falling apart. :/

Hey all. I haven't forgotten. Some more medical issues have come up :/ ya know when they find one thing they find other issues.

I hope all is well with you. Are you going to CMC or Presby?

Hang in there!! 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for the support. I know this is suppose to be about cruising a d I trying to keep positive thoughts but my results came back this morning and now. I'm have to go for a pt scan.

I don't know what's going on with me but I'm scared. Of course Google has me freaking out.

If don't ever get to finish this review I just want to say it was the best cruise ever.

:(

Thank you all for the support. I know this is suppose to be about cruising a d I trying to keep positive thoughts but my results came back this morning and now. I'm have to go for a pt scan.

I don't know what's going on with me but I'm scared. Of course Google has me freaking out.

If don't ever get to finish this review I just want to say it was the best cruise ever.

:(

Best thoughts to you for a speedy recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums