My "I lost 10 lbs on this cruise" review of the Getaway 6/7/2014-6/14/2014

I was able to go to my pet scan today. Actually I'm here right now.

I have to sit in a room by myself for an hour because I'm radioactive.

I already cried about 5 times.

I also was told anything bad will light up so I know the whole time I'm under the scanner I will be thinking if I am lighting up like a Christmas tree.

I think this feeling is worse than the feeling I had about the gallbladder surgery.

I know I haven't responded to everyone but I have read all your posts and if I could hug you through my phone I would.

All of your words have kept me going.

I didn't even google like so many have suggested.:D

I will update later :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Positive vibes are plentiful....and they are all headed your way!

Hang tough! You will make it through this and (somehow) come out stronger!

We are ALL with you today in spirit... Holding your hand and giving your healing hugs!! ;)

I am cheering for you and hope everything is okay. You have received excellent advice and support here. I had a medical issue 12 years ago when I was living in Boston. Even with the outstanding hospitals there and doctors it was still very frustrating. Fortunately it turned out not to be serious but that was not apparent at the outset. Two different doctors diagnosed a huge fibroid but they suspected cancer too but to a lesser degree. Several months later I flew to Duke Medical Center for a third opinion. The doctor was fantastic and I selected him for my surgery. After removing a 4 pound fibroid I was fine. In the interim I did drive myself nuts Googling and seeing all kinds of scary photos and questioning my outcome. It is always best to get a second opinion and as in my case a third. I know the Lake Norman area. Duke Medical is a long drive from there but well worth the effort. I am hoping this ordeal is over for you soon. Just remember not to rely solely on the information/opinion from one surgeon.

Praying for you and i know you will soon have answers, resolution and be on the way to healing...you are so clear and honest with your feelings..this is good...and open to healthy advice....a couple of good opinions is good for you if you need a larger course of action..God and His angels/ real ad human/ send comfort to you...Sarah

I just read this thread from beginning to end this and want to add my sincerest positive energy to a good result. I can't help but waiting on my personal story which occurred in May 2011 while I was visiting my elderly disabled mother in Brooklyn New York. I live 200 miles upstate from there. My suitcase was packed because I planned on leaving the following morning to return home but I was awakened at about 4 in the morning with terrible pains did I knew from past experience were kidney stones. Back in the 1970s I began a 15-year history of kidney stone problems that were eventually resolved when an endocrinologist diagnosed the hyper parathyroid and I eventually had it removed. Here it is many years later and I knew what the debilitating pain was, called a car service and went to a local hospital where I had a good ER experience two years before when my young daughter had a urinary tract infection while visiting my mother. The hospital diagnosed two kidney stones, a kidney infection and found a small tumor on my right kidney. Because of my antibiotics allergies, they found just one antibiotic I could tolerate but it required intravenous administration so I had to stay ten days in a hospital 200 miles from home. Several days into my hospital stay I was surprised to see my elderly mother walk into the room with her walker of course and volunteer assisting her to my bed. She felt she could not stay away and took a car service to see me. I gave her my bed delay in and I sat on the chair for a wonderful visit until a volunteer told her her car service had returned to take her home. The next day I received a wonderful surprise visit from two childhood friends. Anyway after several days I was happy for Hepwell so I could be attached and reattached to the tubing for the medication and I was able to walk the length of that floor several times a day just to keep my energy up and not become bedridden. The funny thing is l lost several pounds and looked great when I got out of the hospital except for the color of my skin. On the ninth day I insisted on discharge and I was given a medication I could take for a few days when I left the hospital. That's when my worry about cancer truly began. I requested my medical records, xrays and other lab reports but was told I needed to return the next day to get them. The next day I picked up the records from the hospital, drove 200 miles home and scheduled my first of several doctor appointments. Although it was positive for cancer, the tumor was small. I learned that most kidney cancers are found by accident and it was a lucky thing for me. TThe surgeon was able to remove the cancer and a very small part of my kidney . I have been cancer-free since the surgery of July 2011 according to my semi annual tests and checkups. I have learned not to worry until I have to. It has always worked for me and it is my mantra. We waste far too much time on this planet worrying needlessly. When it comes time for us to really worry about something we learn how much strength there is to be called on. You deal with what you have to deal with when u have to deal with it and not before. I hate to use a cliche but the present is truly a gift. I am sending the most positive healing energies in your direction for a good outcome. And here are some ((hugs)) of my own for you!

I was able to go to my pet scan today. Actually I'm here right now.

I have to sit in a room by myself for an hour because I'm radioactive.

I already cried about 5 times.

I also was told anything bad will light up so I know the whole time I'm under the scanner I will be thinking if I am lighting up like a Christmas tree.

I think this feeling is worse than the feeling I had about the gallbladder surgery.

I know I haven't responded to everyone but I have read all your posts and if I could hug you through my phone I would.

All of your words have kept me going.

I didn't even google like so many have suggested.:D

I will update later :)

Just stumbled across this thread and read the whole thing while I should be working. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hoping you get all the answers you need so you can move forward. I too and a worrier and do wayy too many searches on Dr. Google so I can imagine what you are going through. Hope to hear some good news from you, in the meantime you will be in my thoughts. <3

14008.gif

I just want you all to know your prayers, well wishes, positive vibes, virtual hugs and kisses, and more worked :D

I got my results and it was negative!!!

Ahhhh :D :D :D

I do have to watch them now. The Pulmonologist will follow up with me in 4 weeks to show me the PET and to discuss options for future tests if needed.

Can everyone on this thread come on a cruise with me so I can hug you all!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL even though I don't know you personally, I can tell you are all genuine with your words.

I will try to respond individually to everyone and maybe

ACTUALLY review my CRUISE!!!

I'm so relieved!!! Eeekkk (happy eek)

I just want you all to know your prayers, well wishes, positive vibes, virtual hugs and kisses, and more worked :D

I do have to watch them now. The Pulmonologist will follow up with me in 4 weeks to show me the PET and to discuss options for future tests if needed.

I LOVE YOU ALL even though I don't know you personally, I can tell you are all genuine with your words.

Wonderful news, we knew you'd be just fine but now you know as well. So relieved that you can now breathe easy and start living your life again. I'd love to cruise with you but if you want a hug.... a virtual one is all you need, just close your eyes and feel the love, we're still here for you.

Best of luck in your future whatever it may be.

Cheers,

Connie

Oh Happy Day!!!! I am positively thrilled to read your latest update!

Thanks for keeping us updated on your results... and now you can go back to the awesome job your were doing at reviewing your cruise.... can't wait for the rest of the story :)

Truly, so happy about your good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa

----------------------------

I am so very happy for you! That's wonderful news and I know what a relief it is, lie a weight off your shoulders. Thank you for sharing your story. Proof of the power of collective positive energy. Cheryl