Past Grandeur Guest Tell me 1 good/1 not good thing

I've sailed on Grandeur twice, most recently to Bermuda last October. The only complaint I have was that the staff in the MDR, while attentive, did seem to be rushed.

I love the size of the ship and have booked a third trip on Grandeur in March of next year.

We sailed on Grandeur last year, and will be on her again in 7 days.

Things we liked: beautiful ship, easy to get around, friendly crew, plenty of dinning options, live music on pool deck, outdoor tables outside WJ (our young son loved eating outside), and driving to port.

Things we did not like: some shows had only one performance. The MDR really pushed wine package (we do not drink and had to tell server NO three times before she got the message), breakfast availability times (when on vacation, you want to sleep in but if you sleep too long WJ and MDR are closed by time you wake up)

Not a dislike but a comment - as our son gets older, we will have to look at a bigger ship with more amenities for him. This is a shame as Baltimore is so convenient for us.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I really can't come up with one "not so good thing" about Grandeur. Last time we were on it was before it's make over and we had no complaints then. The food was good, the entertainment was great. We started our cruise in some nasty weather . . "Noel- 2007", Does anyone remembers that? The Captain and crew kept us safe and happy considering the challenges he faced. We were impressed and not at all bothered by some of the changes in the route. We apparently sailed around some of the nastier weather. And we still enjoyed our cruise!!!!

I will be sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas next year. I am reading some mixed reviews and I would like to hear from past guests, one great thing about the ship and maybe one not so great thing about it Thanks

very little to nay say about her. easiest port to embark from. she's small ( read: cozy) and has a GREAT crew.

We were on in April and really enjoyed our entire experience. As for bad vs good, I'll go with bar service. I thought the bar service at the main pool bar was terrible (worst I've experienced), but the service in at the Solarium bar was outstanding; especially Nicholas (as I recall).

My H has been on the Grandeur twice and this is what he would tell you:

Pro: It's local (for us) and super convenient, and lower priced than the newer ships, plus no airfare.

Con: It's small and dull (to a then 20-something)

He won't let me book a sailing on her due to the latter, although I can appreciate a quiet vacation so I'd give it a shot.

Loved the ship's layout and she has a wonderful crew. really enjoyed MTD, and thought the food was very good overall, but with a pre-teen, she's a little lacking compared to some of the other classes RCCL offers. particularly on a cruise with multple sea days.

We are sailing on her sister ship, the Vision, this spring for a 12 night Med cruise, which includes a couple of sea days at the end, but I expect we will be ready to just sit by the pool and veg after all the long port days of touring.

enjoy your cruise and Lady G!

Pros- wonderful crew; loved the roast beef sandwiches for lunch at Park Avenue

Cons- not a con to me but also a pro - it's a small ship without the activities like zip lines etc. But entertainment was mundane

I should add, there were NO disappointments. Everything we expected and wanted was delivered. Overall, very positive experience

Edited by herbanrenewal

Good --like her size and the Diamond lounge is great.

Bad - disappointed with food last time (April) but there was a noro outbreak and I think there was more interest in continually cleaning the ship than worrying about the dining room. So I can give her a pass for that time. Will check it out again the end of the month.

We sailed her in August to Bermuda.

Likes - Park Cafe. Small but great selections. Also loved the piano bar

Dislikes - nothing really strongly. As someone also mentioned our assistant waiter would seem to disappear and we would wait for drinks - even water refills.

Lovely ship! Love the size and layout. Wonderful crew/staff, excellent service, and a great Diamond Lounge. Baltimore is a great port to sail from--easily accessible, right off I-95. Embarkation/debarkation process among the easiest we ever experienced. Lots of reasons to sail Grandeur! The biggest con, I think, was the small Centrum area does not have enough seating for all the activities, including the aerial show, that happen there. You have to get there at least 30 minutes early to get a seat, or even good standing room.

Good things: location is a great port(Baltimore) for us it is so easy to get around there and we can drive not fly save money!

Bad thing: we had sewage problem bad with our cabin over flow couple times. But I think all the smaller ships just tend to have issues. So now looking back I most likely will try the port again. I had done Grandeur from other ports before it went to Baltimore didn't have no problems. Years in between.