kettle??

daynorhall

Can anyone tell me if you can sell your coffee maker for a kettle in your cabin, also is there any facility to leave your luggage somewhere on the day of departure, flight not until 5pm and would like to see a little more of venice without the suitcase.

Can anyone tell me if you can sell your coffee maker for a kettle in your cabin, also is there any facility to leave your luggage somewhere on the day of departure, flight not until 5pm and would like to see a little more of venice without the suitcase.

I don't understand your question about selling the coffee maker for a kettle? We had a coffee maker in our balcony room on the NCL Spirit. Other non-balcony rooms didn't have one and you are not allowed to bring your own on most ships.

In Venice, we left our luggage at our hotel for free after checking out and then went back to get it after sightseeing all day. There is also a luggage storage facility at the Piazzelle Roma. It costs something like 7 Euros per bag to leave your luggage there.

You can't swap the coffee maker. I always take a travel kettle so I can make tea in the morning.

I've never had a problem taking it on board and I've even asked the steward to remove the coffee maker to give me more room.

You can't swap the coffee maker. I always take a travel kettle so I can make tea in the morning.

I've never had a problem taking it on board and I've even asked the steward to remove the coffee maker to give me more room.

What in the world is a kettle. Isn't it the same a a coffe pot

Pretty sure a kettle is for heating hot water - for tea. Original poster is from Manchester, which I assume is in England.

As to leaving bags on ship - not gonna happen. They need to get everyone off and get new folks onboard.

]Pretty sure a kettle is for heating hot water - for tea. Original poster is from Manchester' date=' which I assume is in England[/color'][/size].

As to leaving bags on ship - not gonna happen. They need to get everyone off and get new folks onboard.

:) Yay, garycarla, well done! And yes, Manchester is in the North of England.....it's where it always rains....so they say!!! ( I'm allowed to say that, being Mancunian myself! ;) )

This is a kettle :)

[ATTACH]273874[/ATTACH]

It just boils the water so we Brits can have our beloved cuppa!! :)

Thanks for answering tea is not something I love but when I do drink it. It must be cold and sweet very sweet

I managed to use the coffee pot/ perculator thing on Epic to eventually get he water to near boiling for a cup of tea!

Can't stand coffee and couldn't work out he contraption but if you kept toggling the switch it kept heating up enough for a mug full.

Americans seem to like ice tea! Which as we know in the UK is not the way to drink tea :)

I don't understand your question about selling the coffee maker for a kettle? We had a coffee maker in our balcony room on the NCL Spirit. Other non-balcony rooms didn't have one and you are not allowed to bring your own on most ships.

I think the OP might have meant exchange, but no. Delily is correct that you cannot bring "heating element equipment" aboard ship, in general. Most of the machines will make hot water for tea. We were told the LaVazza machine that's in our suite will do that, so I can bring tea with us or use theirs and have tea in the room.

DML

You might want to be careful, since several others have stated (in other threads) that they've started cracking down on what they allow aboard. People have been stopped with all manner of things, including travel steamers (which used to be allowed). So, you might find they still let you, or you might find they have included these in what they don't want aboard.

DML

Americans seem to like ice tea! Which as we know in the UK is not the way to drink tea :)

Some Americans like hot tea. In fact, when my daughter was in the UK last month, she brought my husband tea from England. My husband enjoys a good cuppa.

DML

I managed to use the coffee pot/ perculator thing on Epic to eventually get he water to near boiling for a cup of tea!

Can't stand coffee and couldn't work out he contraption but if you kept toggling the switch it kept heating up enough for a mug full.

You're a better man than my DH then........* near boiling* didn't cut it for me!! I gave up and stuck to wine!!! ;)

And as for iced tea......Long Island iced tea maybe!! ;)

We had same scenario leaving Athens. Opted for an NCL excursion to airport with 8 1/2 hour tour beforehand. They also offered a 5 1/2 hour one. Great solution.

I guess Tennesseans and Brits would never agree on what a "cuppa" is! :)

The British don't know how refreshing a nice large glass of iced tea is during the very hot months of July and August in Texas with its daily over F 100 degrees weather over several weeks. Most Americans are probably happy with the hot water a coffee maker produces, remove the coffee and the filter and insert a bag of tea instead. Nice hot tea, but not nice enough for the British who demand boiling water.:p

On the other hand most Americans like their beer ice cold. whereas the British prefer their beer at room temperature. Each and everyone of us is different. The lady who successfully sued McDonalds for delivering scalding hot coffee would have gotten no where in a British court.

The British don't know how refreshing a nice large glass of iced tea is during the very hot months of July and August in Texas with its daily over F 100 degrees weather over several weeks. Most Americans are probably happy with the hot water a coffee maker produces, remove the coffee and the filter and insert a bag of tea instead. Nice hot tea, but not nice enough for the British who demand boiling water.:p

On the other hand most Americans like their beer ice cold. whereas the British prefer their beer at room temperature. Each and everyone of us is different.

Lol that made me smile! Mainly because we Brits don't understand daily temps of over F 100 degrees!! We're particularly unlucky here in the North! If you believe all you read.....it rains every day!! :eek:

My DH likes a cold beer and if my wine isn't cold........woe betide ;)

I think the OP might have meant exchange, but no. Delily is correct that you cannot bring "heating element equipment" aboard ship, in general. Most of the machines will make hot water for tea. We were told the LaVazza machine that's in our suite will do that, so I can bring tea with us or use theirs and have tea in the room.

DML

The LaVazza will make tea. I had one in my DOS, and made tea or coffee every day. If your cabin does not have the LaVazza, you can order tea & coffee from room service.

Easy Peasy-----as my granddaughter says.

You might want to be careful, since several others have stated (in other threads) that they've started cracking down on what they allow aboard. People have been stopped with all manner of things, including travel steamers (which used to be allowed). So, you might find they still let you, or you might find they have included these in what they don't want aboard.

DML

I've never had it confiscated and I last took one on board in March (on the Sun).

I hope they don't start taking it - the coffee makers will not get water hot enough although the Lavazza coffee machine will JUST about do it if I'm desperate ;).

And yes, I take my own tea bags as well.

I've never had it confiscated and I last took one on board in March (on the Sun).

I hope they don't start taking it - the coffee makers will not get water hot enough although the Lavazza coffee machine will JUST about do it if I'm desperate ;).

I was also on The Sun in March and they took my mini blender at embarkation. My concierge has a helluva time getting it but it was a struggle.

It's funny that we're discussing this, since I'm trying to teach my kids which teas should be made with boiled water and which you don't want that hot. :rolleyes: My oldest was HORRIFIED to learn that not all teas are made with boiling water.

DML

I was also on The Sun in March and they took my mini blender at embarkation. My concierge has a helluva time getting it but it was a struggle.

Sadly, this is why I tell people to be careful. Honestly, what possible reason could there be for taking that? It's not like those are inherently dangerous.

DML

It's funny that we're discussing this, since I'm trying to teach my kids which teas should be made with boiled water and which you don't want that hot. :rolleyes: My oldest was HORRIFIED to learn that not all teas are made with boiling water.

DML

I thought you folks in Boston used copious amounts of salt water when brewing tea (and wore fancy dress).

Archived